[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Still very much doubt it. I think you can leave players out if you want to.

I’m sure you can’t, hence why Andrew Crofts has previously been included. I’ve been trying to find an answer on the internet but got side tracked by an article on whether a player could claim constructive dismissal if left off the squad list.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m sure you can’t, hence why Andrew Crofts has previously been included. I’ve been trying to find an answer on the internet but got side tracked by an article on whether a player could claim constructive dismissal if left off the squad list.

You're saying Crofts would have made this claim if he wasnt included?

And I'm equally sure you can. I think it was just a case of "why not". There was a spot open in the 25 man squad and Crofts was a footballer. Obviously it happens very rarely (though not unheard of) but if you suffer a severe injury crisis where your 8th or 9th best midfielder would make it to the bench, it would be dumb not to register him as there's no backside to it.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
You're saying Crofts would have made this claim if he wasnt included?

No. It also wouldn’t have applied for Crofts because he was specifically signed as a player to provide experience in the development squad. I was just commenting on an interesting article I stumbled across.

I assume you’ve now seen my response which shows I’m right (as long as you trust the Mirror as a source).

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Duffy had 2 red cards in a week before joining us and turned out fine. Andone had two shockers that I remember and was then shipped out. If he comes back with a good attitude to start again, he could be as much of an asset as Duffy was, or if he has a sh*t one he can train on his own in the cold. Ball is in his court.

I think some of the quotes when he left for Turkey were fairly general, then added to to make a story that was certainly there but minor seem more explosive and specific. Nothing was personal.

He could be a similar personality to Knockhaert and a bit all or nothing. Not a dreadful thing if managed well. Fingers crossed he comes in 100% committed and with a point to prove. Worst case he pisses someone off and is suddenly contributing nothing again. Even if he wanted to leave (which not sure he does now) it would be in his best interest to attract suiters and a bidding war.

Can you get 2 red cards in a week,how does that work then?

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Duffy had 2 red cards in a week before joining us and turned out fine. Andone had two shockers that I remember and was then shipped out. If he comes back with a good attitude to start again, he could be as much of an asset as Duffy was, or if he has a sh*t one he can train on his own in the cold. Ball is in his court.

I think some of the quotes when he left for Turkey were fairly general, then added to to make a story that was certainly there but minor seem more explosive and specific. Nothing was personal.

He could be a similar personality to Knockhaert and a bit all or nothing. Not a dreadful thing if managed well. Fingers crossed he comes in 100% committed and with a point to prove. Worst case he pisses someone off and is suddenly contributing nothing again. Even if he wanted to leave (which not sure he does now) it would be in his best interest to attract suiters and a bidding war.

Very much this. My heart says,"F you Andone, you left with your fingers up at us wanting a move to a champions league club only for it all to fall apart on you". but my brain says," hey, if you score a few goals for us then great and if we sell you in the summer we will get more for you than if you don't play - like you I think he will want to stay as he needs to prove himself, both fitness wise and ability plus he won't get another payday like the one he's got with us.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Can you get 2 red cards in a week,how does that work then?

Duffy didn't - his were March and August 2016. But you could though - we have just played Sunday/Wednesday/Saturday (Spurs/Liverpool/Burnley) - so you could get two yellows on the Sunday, be suspended for the Wednesday game - then get sent off again on the Saturday.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Based on what?

I’d heard similar more based on an over-zealous approach in training.

To counter it, Caicedo in the programme highlighted Andone as someone who is helping him settle in....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He helped Ale Mac settle in as well. And there is plenty of bantz with Brighton players on his social media, if anything I would say he's one of the bigger characters in the squad and popular.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
All this talk about his character! True he's a hot little tamale, a real feisty slice of Romanian sex pie, but what about his performances?

He hardly set the world alight. He wasn't even a poor TEAM's best striker, and our strikers were even more gash-house than now.

A bad attitude plus mediocrity leads to entitlement which is the opposite of what the team needs.

If someone will have the fellow, we'll sell.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
All this talk about his character! True he's a hot little tamale, a real feisty slice of Romanian sex pie, but what about his performances?

He hardly set the world alight. He wasn't even a poor TEAM's best striker, and our strikers were even more gash-house than now.

A bad attitude plus mediocrity leads to entitlement which is the opposite of what the team needs.

If someone will have the fellow, we'll sell.

I'm not convinced by his ability either from the little I've seen of him. Not bad but not really something you should shove everything aside in order to bring on to the pitch either.

He did have some good seasons in La Liga though, the only league slightly better than PL. But that was years ago now and for 1,5 seasons he's been injured pretty much all the time.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I'm not convinced by his ability either from the little I've seen of him. Not bad but not really something you should shove everything aside in order to bring on to the pitch either.

He did have some good seasons in La Liga though, the only league slightly better than PL. But that was years ago now and for 1,5 seasons he's been injured pretty much all the time.

He has played 72 minutes in the league under potter. Let’s see how he does in this side that actually creates chances- hughton side isn’t a fair comparison.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He has played 72 minutes in the league under potter. Let’s see how he does in this side that actually creates chances- hughton side isn’t a fair comparison.

Sure, I saw four of his games in Turkey as well though (not the one where he scored all his 2 goals tbf) and saw nothing that made me think "this guy should play for Brighton". But if he is given a chance I'll give him a chance as well.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
236 MPG.

Maupay is currently on 258.

If we can extrapolate Andone’s historic record to this season, then if he had played instead of Maupay he would have scored 1 more goal.

Useful, but hardly Earth-shattering.

Andone played in an ultra defensive team for the most part, and only had 9 starts.

in 944 minutes he had the opportunity to take 20 shots scoring 4 goals.
Maupay has taken 147 shots for his 17 goals.

Extrapolating the goals per shot (Maupay 7 from 51 this season)
We'd have 3 more goals this season.

This is all hypothetical of course.
He may well be a complete mentallist, and not worth a shot.

But pre-injury, he was definitely a very usefful player.
History indicates, we are not likely to sign anyone better.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Andone played in an ultra defensive team for the most part, and only had 9 starts.

in 944 minutes he had the opportunity to take 20 shots scoring 4 goals.
Maupay has taken 147 shots for his 17 goals.

Extrapolating the goals per shot (Maupay 7 from 51 this season)
We'd have 3 more goals this season.

This is all hypothetical of course.
He may well be a complete mentallist, and not worth a shot.

But pre-injury, he was definitely a very usefful player.
History indicates, we are not likely to sign anyone better.

Yep - good points.

With a good deal of trepidation, I’m inclined to agree - give him a few games and see what happens.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Are you sure about this? Sounds very weird. Danny Rose wasnt included in Spurs squad and he is fit afaik.

To answer your question, yes I am sure. It seems you're not the fountain of all truth you think you are on here... :whistle:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this case they can add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If we can get to a position of safety as early as possible I'm sure that Andone will get plenty of appearances coming off the bench.
The club will want to highlight that Andone is fit and ready to play for any potential suitors that may be interested in signing him.

Much the same with Ali Jahanbakskh I imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports