Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flightradar

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't begin to imagine the fear the passengers must be experiencing right now. Please God let this end well.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If it's already dumped the majority of it's fuel for the long trip to LAS, there must be a fairly large issue for it to still be circling, on it's 5th circle now, and have apparently had aborted landings

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
From the Mirror online:

A spokeswoman for Gatwick Airport confirmed that an outward bound flight had suffered 'a technical issue' but was not able to elaborate.

She said the fight affected was the Virgin Atlantic flight VS043 which left Gatwick for Las Vegas at 1.20pm today.

She added: "I would not call it an emergency. We have flights affected by technical issues all the time." :ohmy:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Emergency services being called in from Crawley I believe

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Glad we've got such a lot of experts on here.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
From the Mirror online:

A spokeswoman for Gatwick Airport confirmed that an outward bound flight had suffered 'a technical issue' but was not able to elaborate.

She said the fight affected was the Virgin Atlantic flight VS043 which left Gatwick for Las Vegas at 1.20pm today.

She added: "I would not call it an emergency. We have flights affected by technical issues all the time." :ohmy:

It is true that technical issues are frequent. Gatwick has on average 1 emergency a week. This automatically requires a response from Crawley fire service and in turn others around the county are on alert to cover Crawley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here