Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fixtures 23/24 (9.00 AM 15th June)

mile oak

May 21, 2023
For comparison the first 7 fixtures from 60 years ago, the 1963-1964 season, were:-

Workington Town (h)
Rochdale (a)
Newport County (a)
Torquay United (a) (LC)
Stockport County (h)
Rochdale (h) (back in the days when clubs sometimes played one another home and away in quick succession)
Bradford (Park Avenue) (a)

I would venture to suggest that the club has moved on since then!
and so have largely those clubs and not in healthy ways!

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Pointless exercise. The Europe ticket buyers will be the hard core who already go every week. There won’t be enough tickets for those outside this group, given small allocations. I think a lot of people dreaming of a European tour are going to be very disappointed.
Whilst I tend to agree, it does depend on where you sit in the overall loyalty points table. If you've found yourself in Tier 2, the 10(?) points from Wolves might make all the difference and bump you up to Tier 1. And not *all* of the potential Europa League opponents have small grounds.....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Whilst I tend to agree, it does depend on where you sit in the overall loyalty points table. If you've found yourself in Tier 2, the 10(?) points from Wolves might make all the difference and bump you up to Tier 1. And not *all* of the potential Europa League opponents have small grounds.....
They are all small allocations though. Much smaller than PL. You're probably right that people will think this way but Brentford tier 1 is a lot smaller than Man City tier 1 and Brentford tier 1 is what people would need to be in. The existing Brentford tier 1 will also be making sure they go to all the games to keep the distance with everyone else.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
They are all small allocations though. Much smaller than PL. You're probably right that people will think this way but Brentford tier 1 is a lot smaller than Man City tier 1 and Brentford tier 1 is what people would need to be in. The existing Brentford tier 1 will also be making sure they go to all the games to keep the distance with everyone else.
We'd get about 3,500 tickets minimum for Roma, for example, wouldn't we? Regardless, It would make things a lot easier if the club weren't seemingly so reluctant to publish any sort of loyalty points table. England Supporters Travel club are incredibly transparent on this - I know that I am in the top 2,000, and need to remain in the top 4,000 or so by the time Germany 2024 comes around to be guaranteed a ticket for even the smallest allocation.

anyone notice no weekday matches before december? i guess its been 4 years since we last had an uninterupted season starting and finishing on time so plenty of time to get the games in..oh wait, of course Sky etc havent had their mitts on the schedule yet. at lease being in Europe we'll avoid any Friday night games for a while...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
anyone notice no weekday matches before december? i guess its been 4 years since we last had an uninterupted season starting and finishing on time so plenty of time to get the games in..oh wait, of course Sky etc havent had their mitts on the schedule yet. at lease being in Europe we'll avoid any Friday night games for a while...
We will have midweek Carabao cup and Europa League matches. There won’t be that many blank midweeks.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Pointless exercise. The Europe ticket buyers will be the hard core who already go every week. There won’t be enough tickets for those outside this group, given small allocations. I think a lot of people dreaming of a European tour are going to be very disappointed.
Hopefully when it happens the club will be selling packages ie tickets and flights.
I suspect packages only as ticket allocation will be based on loyalty points
thats fine as we are in the top tier....which is basicaly why I made the post

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Doh! I thought our website item on the fixtures said " Broadcast selections for August and September will be announced on 5 July" .

It does.

So hopefully the rest of the dates for August and September will be announced tomorrow, and then I can get on with holiday planning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here