Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fixtures 23/24 (9.00 AM 15th June)

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
When is the last time we played Luton in the league? Most of our championship years coincided with their fall down the leagues didn’t it?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's the United Wolves pick that I would struggle to be able to defend. The most routine 2-0 victory you will see.

Brentford Spurs is at least a London derby, at a place that the big teams normally struggle at. New Spurs manager too.
Yeh, but... Manchester United. From a TV point of view, it simply guarantees a big audience. I agree, utterly boring .

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
From a marketing perspective I can fully understand it as they've got 8 of the Top 9 last season as well as getting Burnleys sole TV appearance out the window early doors.

However, they can then lead internationally with the member of the Top 8 with the smallest fanbase as well as having a nice plucky underdog story.

Plucky underdog will either a) get walloped 4-0 and MOTD will go to town how they're not PL standard etc etc or b) will pick up a 1-0 win and MOTD will say how Brighton were a one season wonder and will struggle without Mac Allister and Caicedo
This won't happen. Internationally, there'll be next to NO interest in Brighton v Luton compared to several of the other games. Man United could play an under-9s team and get better figures.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Huh? The TV companies have literally chosen their first-weekend fixtures, and the changed times have been published.
Doh! I thought our website item on the fixtures said " Broadcast selections for August and September will be announced on 5 July" .

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Can anyone tell me why we don't have any games for the following weekends
September 9/10th
October 14/15th
November 18/19th
January 20/21st

Thanks

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
For comparison the first 7 fixtures from 60 years ago, the 1963-1964 season, were:-

Workington Town (h)
Rochdale (a)
Newport County (a)
Torquay United (a) (LC)
Stockport County (h)
Rochdale (h) (back in the days when clubs sometimes played one another home and away in quick succession)
Bradford (Park Avenue) (a)

I would venture to suggest that the club has moved on since then!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Apart from Jan 20th/21st (winter break)

Indeed.

And, in fact, Wolves (H, not A) on Jan 13 could be moved to Jan 20.

The Premier League (or TV companies) are due to split the Jan 13 fixtures over two weekends...

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I suspect that there will be an unusually high interest in this one, from people looking to top up their loyalty points total prior to Europa League fixtures.
Pointless exercise. The Europe ticket buyers will be the hard core who already go every week. There won’t be enough tickets for those outside this group, given small allocations. I think a lot of people dreaming of a European tour are going to be very disappointed.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They've done a good job of selecting all of the big 6/7 to start the season...

Fri 20:00 Burnley v Man City
Sat 12:30 Arsenal v Forest
Sat 17:30 Newcastle v Villa
Sun 14:00 Brentford v Spurs
Sun 16:30 Chelsea v Liverpool
Mon 20:00 Man Utd v Wolves
Does it matter ? There’s a contractual obligation to show a minimum number for all clubs. The order doesn’t really matter unless you are only planning to watch one week of tv football this coming season (the first one).

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Pointless exercise. The Europe ticket buyers will be the hard core who already go every week. There won’t be enough tickets for those outside this group, given small allocations. I think a lot of people dreaming of a European tour are going to be very disappointed.
Hopefully when it happens the club will be selling packages ie tickets and flights.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully when it happens the club will be selling packages ie tickets and flights.
I suspect packages only as ticket allocation will be based on loyalty points

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I have written the 1st 2 fixtures in ay diary. I'm expecting even more changes with Europe. Always good to end with a home game. Disappointed we are at home Boxing Day simply because it's always a pain getting there but it could be on the TV but overall beyond that I'm not bothered who we play and when as we have to play everyone twice and bring it on! Looking forward to another exciting season. I did laugh when I saw Palace on a Saturday 3pm thinking that will never happen!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here