Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finding somewhere to live in London

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not normally one adversed to doing these threads on NSC, but I know how many London experts we have on here.

I'm looking to find a flat to live in for September, rented obviously.. I'm not overly picky but I'm looking for reasonably priced areas which are also reasonable to live in. I think I will be looking mainly at South because I have lived in North for University for the past three years and I fancy a change plus South is cheaper.

So where would the experts of NSC recommend?

DJB1975

Jul 9, 2009
London
I'm not normally one adversed to doing these threads on NSC, but I know how many London experts we have on here.

I'm looking to find a flat to live in for September, rented obviously.. I'm not overly picky but I'm looking for reasonably priced areas which are also reasonable to live in. I think I will be looking mainly at South because I have lived in North for University for the past three years and I fancy a change plus South is cheaper.

So where would the experts of NSC recommend?

Get over to Hackney, Dalston, Stoke Newington. Proper places to live and to go out.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I personally wouldn't want to live in Hackney, Dalston or Stoke Newington. Streatham, Upper Norwood and (spit) Crystal Palace aren't bad areas but unsure what rental rates are.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I personally wouldn't want to live in Hackney, Dalston or Stoke Newington. Streatham, Upper Norwood and (spit) Crystal Palace aren't bad areas but unsure what rental rates are.

Yes I had thought about Crystal Palace myself as it has good transport links.

I would be more flexible but my friend is starting University at Ravensbourne so South is much better for him.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd go with Dulwich, there are some nice properties around there with plenty of greenspace. Not that expensive either.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'd go with Dulwich, there are some nice properties around there with plenty of greenspace. Not that expensive either.

Plenty of Albion fans too. Well, me plus one more who by complete coincidence lives a few doors down - so I reckon there's more hiding out there somewhere :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

Yes I do really like Dulwich from what I've seen of it, but I assumed it wouldn't be that cheap.

Same goes for Clapham. Those were the two areas I saw a fair bit of when out and about last year which sold me on South London.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Get over to Hackney, Dalston, Stoke Newington. Proper places to live and to go out.

Although he said South i'd agree with you head East, cheap-er rent close to good nights out Brick lane, Old Street ect.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Although he said South i'd agree with you head East, cheap-er rent close to good nights out Brick lane, Old Street ect.

I've had many a good night in Old Street so that would always tempt me, but I think the logistics make it a bit tricky seeing as my friend has to get to Elmstead Woods station every weekday or whenever he is in Uni.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i liked Bersmondsey, close (long walking distance) to both city and west end, but very rough round the edges so not for everyone. Dulwich is a good shout.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
"Clapham Junction" is a very nice area of London.

I like it there too but I always thought it would be somewhat expensive round those parts.

I quite like the bar Project Orange round there, and I'm a big fan of Battersea so the closeness of the park is also good.

DJB1975

Jul 9, 2009
London

Glad someone wot am talking about.

Bethnal Green, Shoreditch, Hoxton, Whitechapel(Cheap Rent, good Bengal Curry), Broadway Market, Cargo's, Brick Lane etc, there's alot worse places to live in London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here