Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Films you love to watch at Christmas?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I watched 'The Apartment' for the first time at the weekend. It's a great film and I wasn't aware that it's a Christmas film. It's not a family feel good heart warmer, but it shows a gleaming nugget of humanity among the dishonesty, greed and selfishness. Shirley McLaine's performance was a masterclass in stillness.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Is amazing.

Love it when Blackadder sends Tweedee & Dumb away (charity collectors).
And Tiny Tim

you could scoop him out and use him as a houseboat.

I'm just looking forward to some of Nurse MaCreedies surgical brewers lotion.

Nothing but the best in this house.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Black_Christmas_(1974)_poster.jpg

Looking forward to watching this, used to like a slasher as a teenager (the 1974 original not the remake).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I watched 'The Apartment' for the first time at the weekend. It's a great film and I wasn't aware that it's a Christmas film. It's not a family feel good heart warmer, but it shows a gleaming nugget of humanity among the dishonesty, greed and selfishness. Shirley McLaine's performance was a masterclass in stillness.
One of my favourite films ever

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
One of my all time favourite films, absolutely superb and I heartily agree re McLaine's performance.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Not a film but just watched The Rescue on nat Geo , all I can say is WOW . The story of the rescue of the Thai boys stuck in the caves under water .Absolutely incredible and will bring a tear to your eyes . A must watch just incredible

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not watched it yet, but I have Violent NIght on the planner. Looking forward to it, might save it for Xmas eve.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I recall they used to show some of the classic Marx Brothers films at crimbo, be lovely to see some again...." That's the Sanity Clause..." " Hey... everyone knows there's no Sanity Clause ! "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here