Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Films you love to watch at Christmas?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Simple as it sounds. Don’t have to be Christmas films but films you like to watch at Christmas.

I’ll start us off with;

The Last Crusade
Jurassic Park
John Wick (any of them)

I like to switch off the old brain box and watch a good old whiz banger of an action film at Christmas.

You?

NB. Please don’t Big Mo us with the Die Hard is a Christmas movie fact. We all know.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Simple as it sounds. Don’t have to be Christmas films but films you like to watch at Christmas.

I’ll start us off with;

The Last Crusade
Jurassic Park
John Wick (any of them)

I like to switch off the old brain box and watch a good old whiz banger of an action film at Christmas.

You?

NB. Please don’t Big Mo us with the Die Hard is a Christmas movie fact. We all know.
Jo Guest in the 1984 remake of White Christmas gets my vote :p

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
just finished work young Mr Clamp ?

Elf
The Grinch
Die Hard
True Romance
This year I will add Elvis.
Still on for another 2 hours 😦

I rated the Elvis film. Very moving and very entertaining.
Hmmmm, I’m hesitant to watch, obviously Elvis was a massive idol to me as a kid and his importance to that early rockabilly sound is unsurpassable. However the clips I’ve seen of the film the actor seems far too androgynous, too chiseled jaw line, Elvis always had a slightly although handsome plump face, I am not keen on the way Hollywood makes him look, Tom Hanks however looks like that evil C Parker, what a manipulative tw@t he was, totally screwed Elvis and possibly greatly attributed to Elvis ultimate untimely death, through his bad gambling debts to the mob.

so I’m hesitant, hopefully I will love it like I do walk the line.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
ET - The Extraterrestrial

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It’s a Wonderful Life 1946
Die Hard (+2)
Escape To Victory 1981 (German officers organise football match against allied prisoners)
Joyeaux Noel 2005 (war film based on Christmas truce)
Edit - adding (because I forgot!)
Close Encounters
Bing Crosby’s White Christmas - how can you not love this schmaltzy mush at Christmas ?

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
just finished work young Mr Clamp ?

Elf
The Grinch
Die Hard
True Romance
This year I will add Elvis.

Hmmmm, I’m hesitant to watch, obviously Elvis was a massive idol to me as a kid and his importance to that early rockabilly sound is unsurpassable. However the clips I’ve seen of the film the actor seems far too androgynous, too chiseled jaw line, Elvis always had a slightly although handsome plump face, I am not keen on the way Hollywood makes him look, Tom Hanks however looks like that evil C Parker, what a manipulative tw@t he was, totally screwed Elvis and possibly greatly attributed to Elvis ultimate untimely death, through his bad gambling debts to the mob.

so I’m hesitant, hopefully I will love it like I do walk the line.
Like you, I’ve been an Elvis fan since I was a kid. So I was cautious about this film and the fact it’s directed by Bas Lhurman, someone I’m not keen on.

But yeah, I enjoyed it and it covered the Vegas era well, as you say with The Colonel screwing him over and trapping him in endless vegas shows and hotel rooms.

I’ll be interested to know what you think .

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I always remember as a kid "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines" seemed to be on every Christmas. Need to see it again.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

I’ll start us off with;

The Last Crusade
Jurassic Park
John Wick (any of them)

You?

Shocked that trash like John Wick is on your list!

I always like to watch some Harry Harryhausen around Xmas - Clash of the Titans, any of the Sinbads, Jason and the Argonauts etc. It reminds me of being young and I guess that's what Xmas is about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here