Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Films that you know are absolute garbage but....

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Pretty much any Tom Cruise film.

Cocky midget defying the odds to be the hero with farcical 'action' scenes. Every fukken time. I can just about tolerate it in the background. Cannot recall a start to finish watch of one for years.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
** contains spoilers **

I watched Die Hard 2 last night, the airport one. Dumbly entertaining, but at one point the terrorists successfully bring down a British commercial airliner (piloted by a 'posh' Colm Meaney, had to be, didn't it ?) by remotely messing with its ILS, making Colm think he was flying 200ft higher than he actually was. The plane slams into the runway and explodes into a fireball, instantly killing everyone on board.

Later that same evening, with the terrorists eventually foiled by our hero blowing up their plane (with a cigarette lighter), the film ends with loads of passengers from other flights cheerfully bouncing down the inflatable exits chutes, to the happy sound of 'Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow'. Literally yards away from the smouldering wreckage of one of what must have been one of the worst aviation disasters in US history. This was seemingly neither discussed, or acknowledged.

It was the 90s though I suppose.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Halfway through Jungle Cruise, and this fits the bill.

Rubbish CGI and an obviousMummy and Romancing the Stone rip off but The Rock being The Rock , Emily Blunt being hot and funny and much hamminess and stupid action mean it's worth a watch

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
If ITV still showed FX: Murder by Illusion i'd watch that regularly.
I suppose it was a time when a pair of Brians/Bryans ruled machismo fare, with Dennehy and Brown.

You’ve just reminded me that in moments of sheer boredom - zoom calls and the like - my mind drifts to odd places. One of which is a world where people like Bryan Brown and their agent suddenly stop getting calls returned to major studios despite seemingly being hot shit still.

I imagine it to be like when messrs Gray and Keys realised that it wasn’t just banter and in the same vein I wonder whether washed up actors turn to alternative markets to maintain their ego and tell themselves it doesn’t matter who watches them as long as they get paid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here