Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Films that you know are absolute garbage but....

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I've seen Die Hard 3 at least 30 times

But Die Hard 3 is a good film ...it's better than Con Air

I've seen Alien, Aliens, Apocalypse Now at least that 30 times and American Psycho about 10 times ... and that's jus 'A's off the top of my head.

.... because they are good,

if you'd watched Die Hard 4.0 (Live Free Or Die Hard) 10 times I would be impressed,

if you'd watched A Good Day To Die Hard more than 3 times I would get social services involved

The recent Norwegian film 'The Trip' (I onde dager) is a film I may watch many times .... (This is not meant to be patronising)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Grease

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Once bitten twice shy for me, have sat through some absolute dogs over the years, I never go back.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
European Cumbath, films usually have happy endings, but Monica from Prague had two dozen almost simultaneously, which ruined her hair.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Con Air is a brilliantly terrible and terribly brilliant. THE best example IMO. I've seen it at least 5 times.

Mrs GB chooses to watch Love Actually at least once a year and I always sit there with a slight internal rage brewing rather than leave the room.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Once bitten twice shy for me, have sat through some absolute dogs over the years, I never go back.

images

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Top Gun. Absolute nonsense and some serious man-loving going on (greased up volleyball anyone?) Which I never understood as it's target audience was surely men.

Face/Off. Another Nicolas "I'm batshit crazy" Cage masterclass in overacting and mental facials.

A.W.O.L. (or Lionheart). What list isn't complete with a Van Damme flick. This and Hard Target are amazingly good at being shit.

Youngblood. Not sure if this is shit or not. I love it, but it's cheesiness and bad acting are offset by a rather yummy Cynthia Gibb.

Road House. Blaming my mum for this one. She was a Swayze fan (to the point that she even liked Tiger Warsaw! That's dedicated). Another brilliantly shit film.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Deep Blue Sea is maybe the film i have watched the most, for it being on ITV2 every other week for 5 or 6 years, and everytime i happen to flick around and notice it i think: LL Cool J saying "You ate my bird.". And i'm in.
After watching The Shallows again the other day i think i like almost all shark films.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I agree wholeheartedly with Deep Blue Sea.
I'd also add any of the Jaws sequels and possibly the 90s Jurassic Park sequels too. They're rubbish but very watchable.

And Flash Gordon and Escape to Victory

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Road House. Blaming my mum for this one. She was a Swayze fan (to the point that she even liked Tiger Warsaw! That's dedicated). Another brilliantly shit film.

Are you a long lost brother I've never been told about? As you've just described my Mum too. I can't bring myself to think of any Swayze film as shit as they were a big part of my childhood, when pocket money was tight as a kid then the latest film of his on VHS was a winner as a birthday or xmas gift.

Lethal Weapon 2 "Don't touch that, that is a diplomatic pouch". Nothing more needs to be said.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But Die Hard 3 is a good film ...it's better than Con Air

I've seen Alien, Aliens, Apocalypse Now at least that 30 times and American Psycho about 10 times ... and that's jus 'A's off the top of my head.

.... because they are good,

if you'd watched Die Hard 4.0 (Live Free Or Die Hard) 10 times I would be impressed,

if you'd watched A Good Day To Die Hard more than 3 times I would get social services involved

The recent Norwegian film 'The Trip' (I onde dager) is a film I may watch many times .... (This is not meant to be patronising)

Hmm. You are right.

I've seen the Swedish movie "G som i Gemenskap" about ten times. That is a poor movie. Wont see it again though as it was revealed last week that the director Staffan Hildebrand only made teenage movies to **** very young boys.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Bodyguard. I genuinely enjoy it.
Any Lethal Weapon
Die Hard. Especially No.2
Any old Terminator nonsense

Basically, 80’s / 90’s films that are pure nonsense but were smashing at the time. I guess it’s nostalgia as much as anything else.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
In the build up to Christmas, Channel 5 show a Christmas movie every day. God knows where they find them, and this year they seem to have reached new depths of crapness. But I still enjoy watching them when I can, their predictability is very soothing.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Caddyshack 2 - I prefer it to the first even though everyone else thinks the first is a classic. Purely because Rodney Dangerfield annoys me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here