Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Barnes!!!

kurt

Jan 9, 2014
"On what do you base your opinion of Ashley's qualities at Brighton?"

Watching him.

As mentioned on here previously we have family in Hove.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and you had the nerve to ask someone the other day how OLD they were!
for making a naff joke about what bent means in the vernacular
No I didn't! When it seemed Bent was off to Palace I made a joke about people who'd had Bent printed on their shirt, because I'd already said I was one of those people. You didn't realise I was one of those people, and that my joke was on me, so you assumed I was being childish, which I wasn't.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
No I didn't! When it seemed Bent was off to Palace I made a joke about people who'd had Bent printed on their shirt, because I'd already said I was one of those people. You didn't realise I was one of those people, and that my joke was on me, so you assumed I was being childish, which I wasn't.
My humble apologies. You should have put me right. I am a reasonable albeit flawed individual barking up the wrong tree. In defence, I try to spice up the conversation from the banal at the risk of being a richard.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My humble apologies. You should have put me right.
No worries. I tried to, I said look at post #6, where I was talking about having a shirt when he was first rumoured to go to Derby, then I made the new comment when it was rumoured he was off to Palace.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My humble apologies. You should have put me right.
To be fair to you, I could have fully explained what I meant on the thread when you first questioned my age, but that would have been far too grown up, and such behaviour isn't becoming of my profile on NSC.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
To be fair to you, I could have fully explained what I meant on the thread when you first questioned my age, but that would have been far too grown up, and such behaviour isn't becoming of my profile on NSC.
Possibly, but then why should you have to explain yourself to someone [me] who obviously was not firing on all cylinders to put it politely. Time for a break.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Yeah, I agree with this. I always loved Barnes, and defended him to the hilt on here and in the real World. At times, people responded as if I was a bit 'special' or bloody minded - it was so obvious to them that I was wrong.

It used to annoy me enormously to see him putting in a great shift and then to read on NSC that he had been useless because he had mis-controlled the ball a couple of times, and missed an open goal (which was usually a difficult half chance).

With Barnes, it didn't matter how well he played, the usual suspects would always be very vocal in their criticism. It pissed me off then, and it pisses me off now.

You are absolutely right. Ulloa missed a sitter last season which would have given us a 2-0 lead against Hull, possibly one they wouldn't have come back from. He didn't get anything near the stick Barnes got week in, week out. And I think our memories of Leo are clouded by the Forest match. I can remember the away league game at Derby, where he was up front on his own as usual. True, Derby players were fouling him, but he was going down like a sack of spuds every time an aerial ball came near him. If I remember correctly (I may not; the old grey matter is gradually decaying), our best period last season, when we played closest to the "Oscar" style, was when Barnes was leading the line rather than Ulloa - I'm thinking of Leicester at home and Wigan away as examples. To use the old saying, I was absolutely gutted when we let him go, and as I said on another thread, I would like to know who decided not to offer him a vastly improved contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here