Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO the fan who told me to F*** off at Burnley away

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I believe I'm the offender in this exciting tale of fan on fan abuse. We were stood three maybe four rows from the back of the stand, I held my scarf aloft as we sang 'We are Brighton' you then complained that you couldn't see when I held my scarf up. I turned to my mate next to me and said "What the f***" then shrugged as I was a little confused as to why someone would stand right at the back then complain about things like this. I then did not hold my scarf up again for the entire match, although may have been guilty of a few scarf twirls, my humblest apologies. If you and your boyfriend really get this riled up by a minor situation like this then you have issues. I could have just ignored you as many would in this situation but I did as you asked yet you still feel the need to come on here and bleat about it. Maybe I did not confront you directly because I did not want my enjoyment or yours ruined for an entire game due to a pointless argument.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Must be a newbie. A scarf at an away game and he should put it down? Wtf?

Who needs it - lass you are a reason some will say you should stay in the kitchen...and order your boyfriend to do the washing up for you deary.
You should have been around when there was a giant flag.
I mean try going to a match on the continent and asking them to stop with climbing on fencing, coloured flares (not the trousers) huge flags banners streamers....and scarves. You'd just learn f*** off in other languages.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A lot of unnecessarily sexist diatribe on this thread, even if it is tongue-in-cheeky. Uncomfortable reading.

A lot of unnecessarily sexist diatribe on this thread, even if it is tongue-in-cheeky. Uncomfortable reading.

Think about it - the woman suggested her *boyfriend* could have a go. So blokes have to be afraid of saying anything to her because she intimates physical confrontation from her 'bodyguard'?
He didn't say anything AT her and she's picking up on what he muttered even though he put the scarf down.

Last edited:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
fight fight fight fight.

too funny....."the man who put his scarf up in front of me, if he wants some, meet me at the northstand."

lol.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I considered taking a scarf to a game once but sensibly decided against it in case I encountered a similar confrontation that might arise
I did however bring in a meat cleaver without hesitation as I was feeling peckish at the time

Last edited:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Has everyone forgotten the Goldstone. Most of the time no-one could see all of the pitch and at many big games you could only get a glimpse of play when the ball came into certain areas, especially in the Chicken Run. We didn't complain then. Man up.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think this is thread shut personally.

You had your boyfriend and mate and you, and someone was rude to you but you said nothing? Sorry face slap emoticon is in order... but won't cos.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Has everyone forgotten the Goldstone. Most of the time no-one could see all of the pitch and at many big games you could only get a glimpse of play when the ball came into certain areas, especially in the Chicken Run. We didn't complain then. Man up.

You only couldn't see the whole pitch from the West/East cos of that mighty hill in between, and the slope down to the south. Did you know that the Amex isn't flat? You can't lie down and see west to east.... nice lil triv question.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I believe I'm the offender in this exciting tale of fan on fan abuse. We were stood three maybe four rows from the back of the stand, I held my scarf aloft as we sang 'We are Brighton' you then complained that you couldn't see when I held my scarf up. I turned to my mate next to me and said "What the f***" then shrugged as I was a little confused as to why someone would stand right at the back then complain about things like this. I then did not hold my scarf up again for the entire match, although may have been guilty of a few scarf twirls, my humblest apologies. If you and your boyfriend really get this riled up by a minor situation like this then you have issues. I could have just ignored you as many would in this situation but I did as you asked yet you still feel the need to come on here and bleat about it. Maybe I did not confront you directly because I did not want my enjoyment or yours ruined for an entire game due to a pointless argument.

Very reasonable response mate, if it was an issue the boyfriend would have atleast said something at the time. If someone was abusive to your missus, would it matter where you are? You stick up for her like a man! However, as it has taken a day to post and then call out a fight, suggests this is merely mountain and mole hill material. Nothing to worry about.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I remember standing on the West Stand in 1976/77 at age 14 desperate of just a glimpse of Wardy weaving his magic standing on tip toes amoungst 30000 fans. I occassionally caught a shot on goal. The thread seems a bit strange and the reply is very reasoned considering the provocation of the thread. Are the 3 of you still going to meet up on the North Stand though ? That is the question.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I remember standing on the West Stand in 1976/77 at age 14 desperate of just a glimpse of Wardy weaving his magic standing on tip toes amoungst 30000 fans. I occassionally caught a shot on goal. The thread seems a bit strange and the reply is very reasoned considering the provocation of the thread. Are the 3 of you still going to meet up on the North Stand though ? That is the question.

Personally, the starting of a thread and offering a 'meet' in the north stand is more aggressive and offensive then the reason why the thread was started.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Oh just sort it out with handbags at dawn, not a major fracas in my book

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Oh just sort it out with handbags at dawn, not a major fracas in my book

Or a scarf fight. You could someone's eye out with one. :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
This thread surely has to be a wind up? Can't believe somebody would actually ask somebody to put their scarf down as it was blockibg their view and then come on here complaining about them. What has football become ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here