Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO the fan who told me to F*** off at Burnley away

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Now I don't know if he posts on here, but I'm taking a chance that he does.

At the Burnley game yesterday I asked somebody, politely, to please put their scarf down because I couldn't see the game. The response I got was a muttered 'f*** off then' which he seemed to think he said too quietly for me to hear, however I did hear, as did my boyfriend who was standing behind me and my mate who was standing two rows behind.

After getting up at 4.45 to get on a coach to make the trip I wasn't in the best of moods. But then to have somebody who thinks he has the right to tell me to f*** off because I wanted to see a game I had paid well over £60 to get to didn't really help matters. To make things worse, him and his mates had already muscled my boyfriend and I out of where we were standing which meant I had to stand slightly lower down anyway.

You've got to seriously think about the mentality of some of our fans if they believe that reacting like this to somebody who is obviously enough of a fan to make a 10 hour trip to support their team is right.

If this guy wants to come and tell me to f*** off to my face, and not wuss out like he did at Burnley (obviously afraid that my other half would smack him one or something) then please do. I shall be in North Stand for the Reading game, as I am swapping season tickets with my boyfriend. I will look forward to seeing you.
ANOTHER JCL:facepalm:

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Yeah this person is obviously an idiot but it has nothing to do with the mentality of our fans. He was obviously embarassed about having to put his scarf down and had a little moan to himself. Personally I would have ignored it providing he had put the scarf down. It the words had been said directly to me, I would have had something to say back there and then. But its not worth carrying on with.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

At the Burnley game yesterday I asked somebody, politely, to please put their scarf down because I couldn't see the game. The response I got was a muttered 'f*** off then' which he seemed to think he said too quietly for me to hear, however I did hear, as did my boyfriend who was standing behind me and my mate who was standing two rows behind.

After getting up at 4.45 to get on a coach to make the trip I wasn't in the best of moods. But then to have somebody who thinks he has the right to tell me to f*** off because I wanted to see a game I had paid well over £60 to get to didn't really help matters. To make things worse, him and his mates had already muscled my boyfriend and I out of where we were standing which meant I had to stand slightly lower down anyway.

You've got to seriously think about the mentality of some of our fans if they believe that reacting like this to somebody who is obviously enough of a fan to make a 10 hour trip to support their team is right.

If this guy wants to come and tell me to f*** off to my face, and not wuss out like he did at Burnley (obviously afraid that my other half would smack him one or something) then please do. I shall be in North Stand for the Reading game, as I am swapping season tickets with my boyfriend. I will look forward to seeing you.

Seems like he already has. I am not excusing his behaviour especially towards a women and a fellow fan. If you had a problem you should have dealt with it then. Although we do seem to have a few morons following the Albion these days, saw some right cavemen at Charlton and Watford away last season.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The guy was probably a little pissed off. He was trying to swing his scarf and get a bit of an atmosphere going and someone asked him to stop. He paid his money too.. Not anything worth getting worked up about tbh

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
He had a f***ing scarf................i.e. scarfer............you should have given him a chinese burn and stolen his pocket money.

The OED states:

Scarfer (noun) a mentally retarded young male football fan with low self esteem; a scarfer will exhibit confrontational behaviour in safe situations, but will be guaranteed to piss his pants if more robustly challenged; lives at home with parents in the box room; a furious masturbator. Will associate with other scarfers and give themselves a collective name..........see definition: wankers.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

You stupid woman. I'm assuming that said person had their scarf held up because they were singing a song, there's no other reason for it, and you decided to go all jobsworth and tell them what to do. It's a football match love, not the bloody womens institute. If it was bothering you just move somewhere else.

On top of that you claim that your sap boyfriend was really close to hitting him when he didn't even the bollocks to say anything after they told you to f*** off. It's easy to get brave after the event isn't it :facepalm:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I believe I'm the offender in this exciting tale of fan on fan abuse. We were stood three maybe four rows from the back of the stand, I held my scarf aloft as we sang 'We are Brighton' you then complained that you couldn't see when I held my scarf up. I turned to my mate next to me and said "What the f***" then shrugged as I was a little confused as to why someone would stand right at the back then complain about things like this. I then did not hold my scarf up again for the entire match, although may have been guilty of a few scarf twirls, my humblest apologies. If you and your boyfriend really get this riled up by a minor situation like this then you have issues. I could have just ignored you as many would in this situation but I did as you asked yet you still feel the need to come on here and bleat about it. Maybe I did not confront you directly because I did not want my enjoyment or yours ruined for an entire game due to a pointless argument.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You stupid woman. I'm assuming that said person had their scarf held up because they were singing a song, there's no other reason for it, and you decided to go all jobsworth and tell them what to do. It's a football match love, not the bloody womens institute. If it was bothering you just move somewhere else.

On top of that you claim that your sap boyfriend was really close to hitting him when he didn't even the bollocks to say anything after they told you to f*** off. It's easy to get brave after the event isn't it :facepalm:
Good point, well made.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I believe I'm the offender in this exciting tale of fan on fan abuse. We were stood three maybe four rows from the back of the stand, I held my scarf aloft as we sang 'We are Brighton' you then complained that you couldn't see when I held my scarf up. I turned to my mate next to me and said "What the f***" then shrugged as I was a little confused as to why someone would stand right at the back then complain about things like this. I then did not hold my scarf up again for the entire match, although may have been guilty of a few scarf twirls, my humblest apologies. If you and your boyfriend really get this riled up by a minor situation like this then you have issues. I could have just ignored you as many would in this situation but I did as you asked yet you still feel the need to come on here and bleat about it. Maybe I did not confront you directly because I did not want my enjoyment or yours ruined for an entire game due to a pointless argument.
Good answer mate. I wouldn't worry to much. By the sounds of it, her boyfriend aint given it to her in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here