Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I did the Holmesdale.net one as I already had a login !

174 views, just one response. Not sure what I expected but the only response I have got so far from our dear friends up the motorway is from "Rob_Eagle" and he said "piss off"

Nice!

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It might be worth having a list in this thread of the teams, and messageboards, we've been to. Though it would be fairly easy to find a post about Fans United already on there! The word will spread. There's been a response on the Swindon site, people seem to be in favour of the idea but it will be hard for clubs playing on that day, especially if they are at home, to support it. As I said on their site, though, there have to be exiles living in Plymouth, or close enough to make the effort to represent their club and represent the football community.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
I'm sure some people will be willing to help another club instead of going to see their team just for one day. Keep up the good work lads!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
How many are there?! Give me some sites and I'll go have some words with friends... Or I'll just have to Google. Help me out here!

All Discussions - Charlton Life
Into The Valley Forum - Home
Charlton Athletic Fans Community Site - Everything for CAFC fans
Charlton Forum

The top one is by far the busiest. Forums like not606 - the last link above - are handy ones to join as they contain forums for every club, so one login will (I think) let you post on all the different boards, much less hassle than joining lots of individual sites. I'm sure there must be a few other multi-forum sites like not606...

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sadly, the top one you have to "apply" for membership. Seems a bit extreme! I will have a pop at not606, hopefully those people can report back to their own forums. Cheers.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
At last, had a positive response from Palace, see, they are not all bad :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
People will mellow when they understand the cause, hopefully. I've put a big cluster message on Not606, but my abilities to think and type cohesively are failing, if they ever work at all! So for now, I am going to bed. Hopefully there will be a fair amount of activity in the threads I have planted when I check tomorrow. Night night all, it has begun.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Done the Crawley Town forum and the Championship part of footballforums.net

GreenandGold

Sep 3, 2011
Wouldn't Saturday 8 October be better? - no Premier League games, no Championship games, and Plymouth at home to Accrington Stanley.

And more time to get things organised.

Hi all,

I have been an Argyle fan since 1958 and am a founder member of the Argyle Fans' Trust. When we came to you last season, I remember the great hospitality and the help your ground staff gave me in putting up banners to advertise the newly formed Trust.

Just to say that we are all incredibly moved by what you are doing for us. Yes, the players have agreed to work for a further two weeks without pay, but in effect they have bought us six weeks. By accepting 40% of their September wages, this effectively shifts the deadline to October (at which point the administrators would become liable for these payments). However, we have had more deadlines than an undertaker and with the ever-shifting ground at HP, who knows what could happen. We live in hope and the Trust, Contingency Committee and all the supporters are working their asses off to sort this. Not to mention the fantastic staff, St Peter and all the squad.

What's happened at Brighton is a model to which we can only aspire at the moment - but then we did give you Nooney and Ashley Barnes.

In terms of dates, 8th October just happens to be the actual weekend of Argyle's 125th anniversary so can't really think of a better time - in terms of emotion, impact and potential media interest. Don't forget, Accrington Stanley were the last high profile Club to go under. And claw their way back. We don't want that to have to happen to us. However, I am sure that all Greens will be grateful for whatever you decide, whenever and a build-up through three weeks (as someone else has suggested) would be awesome.

Let's continue the debate on this forum and on PASOTI. Meanwhile, we will do what we can at Burton today - both on and off the pitch.

In gratitude,

Celia

PS Has anyone got hold of Richard Vaughan yet?

Last edited:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Maybe if the players know aid is coming they could hold out a little longer. If not then there will just be one massive wake at Home Park instead.

Wood chip is the 10th September realy not possible as suggested on Plymouth next home game thread, they realy are running out of time.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There isn't anything stopping a similar protest on the 8th - potentially could be the weekend for a boycott or a pitch invasion? Some one more intelligent than me will think of something more fitting I'm sure. There is certainly the need for more than one event here.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Multiple trips to Home Park plus doing something for the Crawley v Plymouth match seems to make sense, with the biggest event on the 8th October as we have no match and its their 125th Anniversary. I wanted to post on the PASOTI forum my my reg email hasnt come through yet :)

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I have emailed in to Danny Baker's 606 show, and I would urge everyone reading this to do the same to improve the chances of it being publicised on national radio. The show goes on for another hour so there is a chance we can get this to happen.

In other terms, another vote here for October 8th as the official date - surely more fans are likely to turn up and it's probable that more supporters will turn up. Only issue is will there be a club by then :nono: Sorry state of affairs.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I have emailed in to Danny Baker's 606 show, and I would urge everyone reading this to do the same to improve the chances of it being publicised on national radio. The show goes on for another hour so there is a chance we can get this to happen.

In other terms, another vote here for October 8th as the official date - surely more fans are likely to turn up and it's probable that more supporters will turn up. Only issue is will there be a club by then :nono: Sorry state of affairs.

I think Woodchip's plan was to attend on 24th as our hommage to Home Park (plus as many other fans from other clubs as possible, baring in mind they all have other matches). At the time of organising the date, we didn't know about PAFC 125th Anniversary date, so I guess we are looking to do both

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
please see new thread i posted re quote from shaun and peter reid. didnt want it to get lost amongst this. thanks

Thanks, I read that, nice quote

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Woodchip's plan was to attend on 24th as our hommage to Home Park (plus as many other fans from other clubs as possible, baring in mind they all have other matches). At the time of organising the date, we didn't know about PAFC 125th Anniversary date, so I guess we are looking to do both

Sounds good to me, make it a bit of a three week event :)

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Open brain storm here. How about the 24th everyone attends the match, an the 8th is a huge "celebration" in Home Park, but not in the ground, maybe with a short procession from the council offices? Still lots of singing, but no one enters the ground.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports