Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Wouldn't Saturday 8 October be better? - no Premier League games, no Championship games, and Plymouth at home to Accrington Stanley.

And more time to get things organised.

It probably would - but practicality might not be a solution here. Two weeks extra could be too late. By the sounds of things something needs to happen soon, I just hope we're not too late already.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Wouldn't Saturday 8 October be better? - no Premier League games, no Championship games, and Plymouth at home to Accrington Stanley.

And more time to get things organised.

It's also not the day after Leeds at home the night before

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What's the timeline like for when they're likely to actually fold (if god forbid it does come to that)? Would a delay to that international break be too late?

ArgyleEd

Sep 2, 2011
I appreciate the reasoning behind doing it on the 8th of October but I really can't stress enough how urgent the situation is, we're not going to exist on the 8th of October unless someone puts a serious amount of money into the club (there's a real risk we'll be gone before the 24th September) and if that happens Fans Reunited becomes much less necessary. I fear it would be too late. If it's going to happen it's got to be asap even if it does mean it's less well organised and fewer fans attend. It's not going to be as good as the original but anything will help. In my opinion, given the time constraints, it's more important to focus on getting a number of different teams represented rather than sheer number of fans, that way we can demostrate that fans across the country care about Argyle.

I appreciate the reasoning behind doing it on the 8th of October but I really can't stress enough how urgent the situation is, we're not going to exist on the 8th of October unless someone puts a serious amount of money into the club and if that happens Fans Reunited becomes much less necessary. If it's going to happen it's got to be asap even if it does mean it's less well organised and fewer fans attend. It's not going to be as good as the original but anything will help. In my opinion, given the time constraints, it's more important to focus on getting a number of different teams represented rather than sheer number of fans, that way we can demostrate that fans across the country care about Argyle.
If that's the view from Home Park, then I'll concur.

It's essential, in my view, that the voice of Plymouth fans is given the most weight.

Talking to my Plymouth supporting mate a few minutes ago, he reckons that the players deffering their wages it has given them "at least another 2 weeks in business" in his words, so IMO the sooner we can make this happen, the better for all concerned!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The frankly scandalous goings-on at Plymouth make me appreciate Tony Bloom even more

ArgyleEd

Sep 2, 2011
If that's the view from Home Park, then I'll concur.

It's essential, in my view, that the voice of Plymouth fans is given the most weight.

It's certainly the view from me, although I'm sure there are many who are better informed, it may be they know better.

... even though they are playing Huddersfield on 24 September?

Like me he's based in Southampton and pretty cash constrained so he doesn't go all the time, but this is something that appeals to him as well!!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
We could do the best we can for the 24th, see how things go, then use that as a platform to build on for the 8th, if the opportunity is still there. The first day will build up attention and publicity for the second.

Half-Time-Pasty

Mar 6, 2011
It's certainly the view from me, although I'm sure there are many who are better informed, it may be they know better.

There's a thread on PASOTI about the players buying us another 6 weeks from today. But the players have agreed to play up until the 16th September haven't they? That's less than 2 weeks away...we may not be around on the 24th.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
"Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, peter risdale on the top, Brendan guilfoyle in the middle and we'll burn the f***ing lot"

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
There's a thread on PASOTI about the players buying us another 6 weeks from today. But the players have agreed to play up until the 16th September haven't they? That's less than 2 weeks away...we may not be around on the 24th.

Maybe if the players know aid is coming they could hold out a little longer. If not then there will just be one massive wake at Home Park instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here