Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I've tweeted to Alan Sugar, Chris Evans, Joey Barton, Andy Naylor and emailed Soccer AM.

Nice work. I'll put something on the Palace board

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm actually interested in doing this. Why does Plymouth have to be so far away though :(

An excellent idea, if it gets the support of Plymouth fans.

But rather different from our Fans United day which, if I recall correctly, coincided with a quiet weekend in domestic league football, because of international matches. Pretty much a full league programme is being played on 24 September - so the opportunity to get vast numbers of supporters from all over the country, like we managed, isn't there.

Let's not hype this up as a recreation of what happened at the Goldstone. If we do, there is a danger that it will be deemed to be a failure - because "only Brighton fans" cared enough to show their support for PAFC.

Hype it up, though, as a show of solidarity from Sussex - in gratitude for what one Plymouth fan suggested back in 1997.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yeh who put it down there? Can't they move it for the day? :)

Or they can just do a MK Dons and move the whole damn club!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

But rather different from our Fans United day which, if I recall correctly, coincided with a quiet weekend in domestic league football, because of international matches. Pretty much a full league programme is being played on 24 September - so the opportunity to get vast numbers of supporters from all over the country, like we managed, isn't there.

Let's not hype this up as a recreation of what happened at the Goldstone. If we do, there is a danger that it will be deemed to be a failure - because "only Brighton fans" cared enough to show their support for PAFC.

Hype it up, though, as a show of solidarity from Sussex - in gratitude for what one Plymouth fan suggested back in 1997.

The problem being the next international break may be too far away. I think it's a case of act now or never. We can't sit aside and watch as the 92 becomes 91.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
... and Palace are playing Doncaster.

Yes Lord B, we know that. PAFC are running out of time so we are asking fans to support Plymouth instead of their own team for 1 day.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham

However some clubs will have fans who don't go to every game and will be interested particuarly if they are playing away, some will even have fans who live in that direction (I heard of 1 Wrexham fan who lives in Cornwall for instance) and won't be traveling to their clubs game.
I'm not saying you will get as many as you would have if it had been international break but don't give up on it totally.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
However some clubs will have fans who don't go to every game and will be interested particuarly if they are playing away, some will even have fans who live in that direction (I heard of 1 Wrexham fan who lives in Cornwall for instance) and won't be traveling to their clubs game.
I'm not saying you will get as many as you would have if it had been international break but don't give up on it totally.

Also, with the power of facebook and twitter it could reach many more people than it did in 1997. It could be a lot smaller, it could be a lot bigger. Who knows? It may just end up with 50 brighton fans, or thousands of different fans.

Wouldn't Saturday 8 October be better? - no Premier League games, no Championship games, and Plymouth at home to Accrington Stanley.

And more time to get things organised.

Already got an Orient supporting mate interested, majority of the lads on my course support non pl teams so am sure I can get at half a dozen of us down there hopefully!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Wouldn't Saturday 8 October be better? - no Premier League games, no Championship games, and Plymouth at home to Accrington Stanley.

And more time to get things organised.

This would make a lot more sense, and doing it 2 weeks later won't hurt anybody.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Not sure we can change it now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here