Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Aw, you guys, so this is what humble feels like :bowdown:

I've awoken this morning to discover all this is being done and it's with genuine heartfelt thanks that I post.

As I mentioned on the 'Plymouth Finished' thread the traditional stereotype of laidback west country folk is great in some respects, in others, not so much!. Getting fire in the belly is one such deficiency, but once ignited it stays lit, your assistance in firestarting (metaphorically, lest there be any confusion!) will be invaluable.

In days of yore Trelawney marched on London with 30,000 men but i'm sure before that there was a great deal of "Meh, it'll be fine, just have a pasty me 'ansome" :rolleyes:.

SPonthewing

Oct 23, 2005
Sarf Coast
In days of yore Trelawney marched on London with 30,000 men but i'm sure before that there was a great deal of "Meh, it'll be fine, just have a pasty me 'ansome"

NEVER SURRENDER ME OLD DEVONIAN COUSIN (YUK) US KERNEWEK AINT FORGOT OW TO FIGHT

And shall PLYMOUTH live?
Or shall THE PILGRIMS die!
Here's 2 SEAGULL Cornish men
Will know the reason why!

DREKKLY AFTER SEEING YOUNG ATTILA IN ST IVES WE'LL BE MARCHIN UP TO SUPPORT EE

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Not sure about 30,000 but we'll certainly bring a fair few down :)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm working abroad but if my visa to Russia doesn't come through then I'll definitely be there. Best of luck Argyle fans.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Open brain storm here. How about the 24th everyone attends the match, an the 8th is a huge "celebration" in Home Park, but not in the ground, maybe with a short procession from the council offices? Still lots of singing, but no one enters the ground.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Disagree - it needs to be one big event. You're asking people to come from all over for this so you need as much time for planning as possible and it needs maximum impact. 2 events will split things IMO.

I reckon go for the 8th as it gives everyone 4 weeks to organise stuff and start hitting those fans' forums for support.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Disagree - it needs to be one big event. You're asking people to come from all over for this so you need as much time for planning as possible and it needs maximum impact. 2 events will split things IMO.

I reckon go for the 8th as it gives everyone 4 weeks to organise stuff and start hitting those fans' forums for support.

I agree that it should be one big event, and the 8th would have been better, but action is needed sooner rather than later.

The ball is already rolling, and gaining speed for the 24th, so I don't think we can stop that one. Tweets have gone out, FB event created, media contacted all saying the 24th. It's just a question of how big this ball gets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I was going to say exactly the same. One event with the best chance of a big turnout. A 125th anniversary also seems too good an opportunity to miss, and will surely capture greater media attention.

This movement is still only a few hours old, it's not too late to change the date and really get motoring with publicity.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I've sent a PM to the admins of Exeweb - Exeter City's main forum .... should be interesting, but this isn't a day for rivalry. To quote somebody before me - "They may be scum .... but they're our scum!" Isn't that worth fighting for? ;)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
okey dokey. Let's get going on the forums then. Can we get a definitive list of the 90 other forums (fora?) and agree to split posting on there amongst ourselves.

We need to stress that this is for the good of all football, that everyone needs their local football club, that it is not the fans' fault and that the speed with which this has happened and to such an old established club as Argyle that NO CLUB IS SAFE. Nearer the day we need to hit the media in a big way too but not too far off or else it will all be forgotten - let's do the groundwork first and get the fans from other forums involved and up to speed with the event.

We need to be organised about this. It can't look half-arsed.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Aw, you guys, so this is what humble feels like :bowdown:

I've awoken this morning to discover all this is being done and it's with genuine heartfelt thanks that I post.

Don't get all soft-it's only because we've been so used to campaigning over a 14 year period, now our fight's over we've got bugger all else to do.:thumbsup:

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Apparently it's POTG just took this from Fans reunited Official
David Letcher Pay on the gate mate, £20 for adults

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
so did we only have one demo in our times of need ??? i think you can do both dates 24th and the 8th , if the first don't have much impact the second will

mikes

Sep 3, 2011
so did we only have one demo in our times of need ??? i think you can do both dates 24th and the 8th , if the first don't have much impact the second will

I think do the 24th as people are beginning to organize for that already. Keep the ball rolling and don't confuse the message.

Also do Crawley on the 1st October. It is near to London, and the Argyle away following in and around London has turned out in significant numbers over the years. A particular memory of mine was West Ham away in the Coca Cola when we were top 6 in the League under Holloway. Gosling, Norris, Ebanks Blake, Halmosi, etc. We matched them for 90 minutes 0-0, then Dean Ashton (strangely fit for once) scored in the 4th minute of injury time. The Green Army filled one end (5000? odd), and gave it beans the whole 90 minutes. If we could get half of them to Crawley plus a rainbow of other shirts we'd get some decent publicity. Also likely easier for everyone else's London exiles to get to Crawley than down to Home Park.

Then do the 8th as well. Assuming Argyle are still around then.

Another thought for all the games. Would it be possible to convince one of the big online betting companies to add an additional book for those three games. A spread bet book on the crowd size. It would be good publicity for them as showing support for grass roots football, and look what happened to the Aviva ad, what fan of any club in the country doesn't know the 'Green Army' chant. A chance for big business to give something back to football.

If a few people think this last might be a good idea, I'll see what contacts I can find.

N.B. I already posted this on PASOTI.

mikes (an argyle fan in Preston Park)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I was thinking the same thing-they need to be doing something every time Plymouth play, home or away.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Woodchip and I are meeting on this Monday evening shortly after 7pm at the Nelson Pub near Brighton station to discuss best way forward for this. If anyone else feels like joining us to help please feel free to come along.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

We werent getting other fans to travel more than once though. It's a long way to travel for a lot of people. If you're getting fans from around the country I'd have thought 1 co-ordinated event would be better, and the 8th does seem better as a lot of clubs wont have games. Granted it may be too late by then though.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
My sister and I can't make the 24th but would consider the 8th (dependent on work) and the 1st at Crawley if enough people are going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here