Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fannying about at the back

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Add me to this list as well.

Let’s get back to playing football. Lump it up the field son.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
There is a time and place and it isn’t when your defender is 8 yards from goal and tightly marked + another opposition player directly in front of him.
What could he possibly do with that pass !
There are times as a midfielder you show for the ball not because you want it but to draw out a player and make space. Gross didn’t want that pass. Poor from Bart to give it to him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
RDZ appears to have got the keeper selection the wrong way round. Bart might have been better in Marseille where a goal went right through Steele.

Steele might equally have not bollocksed up today with passing.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There is a time and place and it isn’t when your defender is 8 yards from goal and tightly marked + another opposition player directly in front of him.
What could he possibly do with that pass !
Agree. It’s not high risk high reward in such situations. Just high risk. Should have cleared it well up the pitch. Instead it’s in our net as a direct result of. And not for first time.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
RDZ appears to have got the keeper selection the wrong way round. Bart might have been better in Marseille where a goal went right through Steele.

Steele might equally have not bollocksed up today with passing.
100% agree now we have seen both the matches, isn’t hindsight brilliant?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think it's possible to play the ball riskily out the back and not leave Mo Salah unmarked which is the bigger issue

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
It's just 5 a side adapted into the 11 a side version
Certainly nothing new

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Looks as though there were masses of fans to see it.
Not too surprising that it was a small crowd as this wasn't the first teams, it is from the Liga Revelação Under 23

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It’s a difficult balance to strike for coaches– particularly at grassroots level where you feel an increasing obligation to get the team ‘playing the right way’ - but technical skills / composure on the ball are rudimentary to say the least. Plus there just isn’t the coaching time available to create a shared understanding between teammates about philosophies, shapes, phases of play or tactics etc.

I’m one of the coaches for my local town’s u13 squad and trying to 'play out from the back' frequently ends in comedic disaster. We didn’t run an u13 training session last week as most of the squad were on a school trip, so a coach from one of the other squads asked me if I would help him run his session. During a one-touch 7-a-side, the goalie got caught in two minds and crippled by indecision, played a suicide ball to the centre half and conceded the softest of goals. At the end of the session I said, "Look – it doesn’t matter at training, but if you ever find yourself in that position during a match, just put your f***ing laces through it."

But apparently that isn’t how he likes to coach the u7 girls. Minefield. :shrug:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It’s a difficult balance to strike for coaches– particularly at grassroots level where you feel an increasing obligation to get the team ‘playing the right way’ - but technical skills / composure on the ball are rudimentary to say the least. Plus there just isn’t the coaching time available to create a shared understanding between teammates about philosophies, shapes, phases of play or tactics etc.

I’m one of the coaches for my local town’s u13 squad and trying to 'play out from the back' frequently ends in comedic disaster. We didn’t run an u13 training session last week as most of the squad were on a school trip, so a coach from one of the other squads asked me if I would help him run his session. During a one-touch 7-a-side, the goalie got caught in two minds and crippled by indecision, played a suicide ball to the centre half and conceded the softest of goals. At the end of the session I said, "Look – it doesn’t matter at training, but if you ever find yourself in that position during a match, just put your f***ing laces through it."

But apparently that isn’t how he likes to coach the u7 girls. Minefield. :shrug:

You swore at junior players?

If a cricket coach in Shropshire did that to any age/gender they'd be on a disciplinary and lucky to keep their DBS.

Ah, have I just been whooshed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here