Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fannying about at the back

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Yes, but no.

The "match fixing" conspired to ensure the higher ranked, and favoured, team won. As illegal gambling activity goes, that would be... ...unusual.
Maybe. Though there was a rumour that one of the senior Notts Co. players had a kid's birthday party to attend on the date of the third round tie, so his teammates did the decent thing.....

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Yes, but no.

The "match fixing" conspired to ensure the higher ranked, and favoured, team won. As illegal gambling activity goes, that would be... ...unusual.
Notts County were the favourites. Their odds did drift a bit pre match prob due to monies being placed on them losing but they were still favourites…

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I've had enough of our insistence on playing out from the back ALL THE TIME. That situation at the end of the first half called for the ball to be cleared upfield, no question. How many goals have we conceded this season as a direct result of this tactic?

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Let's not stop there. Let's sign a lump of a forward in the McGammon mould and just lump everything to him.

Archaic, direct, basic route one football In. Intricate, Tika-Taka De Zerbi Out.
No one is saying that really just that we have conceded 6 goals from similar type of situations Verbruggen did it against Bournemouth and again tonight
It is a bit much really especially as we do very little attacking wise and as far as I’m concerned it’s been a bit like that for a while now.I know I will be slated for this but I find watching the Albion a bit boring lately
Just saying

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
I've had enough of our insistence on playing out from the back ALL THE TIME. That situation at the end of the first half called for the ball to be cleared upfield, no question. How many goals have we conceded this season as a direct result of this tactic?
6 according to Sky just now - no idea how many points it has lost us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here