Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan advisory board

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed. The issue must be kept alive.

PGMOL has acknowledged again and again that result-changing mistakes are being made. They apologise, move on and nothing changes. Then more mistakes are made and more apologies offered. Rinse and repeat.

The fans need to know WHY highly trained staff are making such obvious mistakes (e.g. make transcripts of the VAR discussions public), and WHAT the PGMOL is doing to improve the quality of both refereeing and VAR decisions.
I’m still waiting for Sanchez to apologise for not being able to keep hold of a simple ball against Palace!! £30k a week for that

Take a firm public stand with a statement saying they emphatically feel hard done by, in so many words, and are not happy with the outcome of the FA/PGMOL’s post-mortem as to what has happened this season, citing the examples which led to us directly dropping 11 points so far.

Then go on to discuss tabling a motion at the next AGM to debate the refereeing standards and accountability alongside all its fellow members.
The problem is everyone wants higher standards of officiating, if there were easy answers on offer at any AGM debate they would have been implemented by now. Making some symbolic gesture implying that we are the only ones who want it will just be greeted with sighs from the rest of the football. A lot of teams have had dodgy VARs this season, we aren't special - that we probably got the record for single-game screw-ups doesn't really change that

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Which fan advisory board members do we have on here? If any?
I can help you with that.

BTW we expect the club website to be updated this week with the application process to recruit new members to the FAB

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Closing Date for new FAB applications is May 24th

Not 17th as appeared on some emails.

Jul 7, 2003
Closing Date for new FAB applications is May 24th

Not 17th as appeared on some emails.
It seems many did not get the email so maybe something to feed back to the club. Might be to do with the new communications preferences.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If I apply and am successful I will promise to fight, for the right, to paaaaaartyyyyyyyyy

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If done right this is something I'd consider but I already don't like the way they split the representation. It just seems like it is done so it isn't true fan dominated. Why is their equal representation for 1901 v STH v women's STH? Makes no sense given the fanbase.

Also why just two years. Surely if those on it are good it would make sense for this to run for longer. Just think it's a very club dominant type structure that doesn't really give a proper voice. But would be interested to hear from those currently on it as to how it works.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If done right this is something I'd consider but I already don't like the way they split the representation. It just seems like it is done so it isn't true fan dominated. Why is their equal representation for 1901 v STH v women's STH? Makes no sense given the fanbase.

Also why just two years. Surely if those on it are good it would make sense for this to run for longer. Just think it's a very club dominant type structure that doesn't really give a proper voice. But would be interested to hear from those currently on it as to how it works.
Well we are all fans. I don't think they are necessarily looking for equal representation - just flagging that is an aspiration to be more representative of certain areas next season where currently amongst the 5 members it is lacking (younger fans, fans in the north stand, those that travel away, WSL) and they've been a lot clearer about skills required this time- there's a job description ! (social media, committees, a pledge to put in time for meetings etc) . I think they are going to shortlist but ultimately it will be a fan vote in the end

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Reach out to the current FAB as we have all offered to have a chat with anyone considering applying.

Or listen to Albion Obsessed podcast this week, or the other podcasts including Brighton Rock and Albion Unlimited (next week)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Well luckily I'm two of these

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
For those who applied for one of the new FAB vacancies, the shortlisting process is in hand, its just taking longer than expected because there is so much to take in to account to do it properly. Once we've completed it, the club will announce it properly and Albion membership will be able to vote in the new appointees much like last time.

stand by.....

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We have a new independent FAB website for which we owe Bozza (of this parish) enormous gratitude for his expertise, patience, and help.
This is something the FAB have needed for a long time so we can publish news from the FAB without necessarily needing the club to approve, or find someone to post it on their website. Hopefully one of the newly appointed FAB members will have the technical knowledge to keep it updated regularly.

www.bhafc-fab.co.uk

We hope to be able to announce the new candidate shortlist on the website very shortly - stand by

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Judging by the time to get this shortlist together, would now be a good time to start the process for the next shortlist for two years time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here