[Albion] Fan advisory board

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Double post

Here's just four things that we got changed in our first four months at request of fans
  • Bag drop - moved from the coach park so its easier to find and stops people walking up the steps when most are coming down.
  • Automatic Lights in the disabled loos - staying on longer and helping people who use these facilities.
  • New Safe Standing Survey - first since 2016 which the club didn't see as necessary until we lobbied them. (results are due out later this month)
  • Disabled trained stewards to wear different coloured hi-viz bibs - to help disabled fans identify specially trained help.
None of these things affect me, or maybe you, but they are things that were raised and changes that the FAB has made happen.

Regarding the exit policy for the Palace game, it is something that is decided by the joint safety committee. FAB are not members. It's the Albion Safety team, Sussex Police and The Met.

I have heard others say this policy is inconvenient, because they have to walk "the long way round" but no-one has mentioned to me that its dangerous. If you can give us some examples of how its dangerous, and perhaps detail your experiences after Wednesday, send them to FanAdvisoryBoard@brightonandhovealbion.com and I will personally take them up with Adrian the Head of Security and Darren at Sussex Police.
Great work. I hope the fans reps don't mind me saying that these real micro, incremental, nitty gritty nuts and bolts stuff should be the real work of the committee. Big issues like bent refs and dodgy VAR good lord I hate to agree with Barber but I don't see the point of getting involved, it's a bit symbolic and gestural. No offence - you have my real admiration for getting involved and riding the early teething problems

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The Fan Advisory Board wrote to Paul Barber yesterday regarding Saturday's match.

When the FAB was set up it was always with the aim to improve the Albion fan's experience at the Amex and away from home. It was made clear by Paul Barber (PB) at the outset that this would not ever include "on-field" matters and this was understood and accepted by the FAB.

However the FAB felt that this latest series of refereeing and VAR decisions were not Albion on field policy matters that we were seeking to get involved in, but were third party actions that were affecting our fans' matchday experience, when you take into account the time and money fans spend following the Albion round the country and the confidence they have in the result.

PB saw it differently and insisted that the FAB will not be involved in this, which he maintains is a on field matter. He asked us to be assured that he and the club are dealing with the PGMOL and the EPL at the very highest level. Hours later the latest apology was received from Howard Webb at the PGMOL.

PB further said that is totally confident that there is no vendetta against us or anyone else outside the top six and that the system is not corrupt as some have suggested.

In our view this only leaves incompetence and we have to trust that the club - who you will appreciate have millions of pounds riding on these decisions - are doing everything that they can to ensure the system works equally fairly to all and that it is transparent.

The FAB made it clear to PB that we felt a simple acceptance of apologies is not enough.

We do have confidence in the club to do what they can, and while this stance won't be enough for many fans, we can only lobby on your behalf through the club, the media and the Football Supporters Association (FSA)

We hope to be able to share this sort of information with you soon on our own independent website, but in the meantime we are using NSC and individual FAB members' Twitter.
It's natural life at the nearly top of organisations that people near the summit are always eying the top jobs and this invariably guides and informs their response to issues.....just saying.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I agree with PBs response. I think FAB has enough to concentrate on dealing with fan experience

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unconscious? Three clear penalties not given, two goals disallowed and a red card not given, and you really believe that the officials are unaware of what they are doing?
Mmmm yeh they will convince themselves they’re being fair but naturally give decisions to the bigger teams esp with 60k plus home ‘fans’ in there so I do think the majority is unconscious and not deliberate as such.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Microscopically insignificant suggestion, but one that would cost nothing. I had to call supporter services this morning, very long hold. As always they were brilliant.

the hold music, it’s like a whining drone from the soviet era like Brezhnev has just died or something. Can’t we play some heroic matchmcomntaries, goals,,player interviews or something, just a little bit more inspiring for a long wait?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Microscopically insignificant suggestion, but one that would cost nothing. I had to call supporter services this morning, very long hold. As always they were brilliant.

the hold music, it’s like a whining drone from the soviet era like Brezhnev has just died or something. Can’t we play some heroic matchmcomntaries, goals,,player interviews or something, just a little bit more inspiring for a long wait?
Just a shame that music wasn't being played because Putin had just passed away . . .

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Glad all over?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The Fan Advisory Board wrote to Paul Barber yesterday regarding Saturday's match.

When the FAB was set up it was always with the aim to improve the Albion fan's experience at the Amex and away from home. It was made clear by Paul Barber (PB) at the outset that this would not ever include "on-field" matters and this was understood and accepted by the FAB.

However the FAB felt that this latest series of refereeing and VAR decisions were not Albion on field policy matters that we were seeking to get involved in, but were third party actions that were affecting our fans' matchday experience, when you take into account the time and money fans spend following the Albion round the country and the confidence they have in the result.

PB saw it differently and insisted that the FAB will not be involved in this, which he maintains is a on field matter. He asked us to be assured that he and the club are dealing with the PGMOL and the EPL at the very highest level. Hours later the latest apology was received from Howard Webb at the PGMOL.

PB further said that is totally confident that there is no vendetta against us or anyone else outside the top six and that the system is not corrupt as some have suggested.

In our view this only leaves incompetence and we have to trust that the club - who you will appreciate have millions of pounds riding on these decisions - are doing everything that they can to ensure the system works equally fairly to all and that it is transparent.

The FAB made it clear to PB that we felt a simple acceptance of apologies is not enough.

We do have confidence in the club to do what they can, and while this stance won't be enough for many fans, we can only lobby on your behalf through the club, the media and the Football Supporters Association (FSA)

We hope to be able to share this sort of information with you soon on our own independent website, but in the meantime we are using NSC and individual FAB members' Twitter.
Well, you tried, and that is appreciated.

Based on Barber's radio interview (as reported on NSC earlier today), the apology is enough for the club and we've "moved on".

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well, you tried, and that is appreciated.

Based on Barber's radio interview (as reported on NSC earlier today), the apology is enough for the club and we've "moved on".
What do you think they should do realistically ?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No the club
Take a firm public stand with a statement saying they emphatically feel hard done by, in so many words, and are not happy with the outcome of the FA/PGMOL’s post-mortem as to what has happened this season, citing the examples which led to us directly dropping 11 points so far.

Then go on to discuss tabling a motion at the next AGM to debate the refereeing standards and accountability alongside all its fellow members.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

I've had a response from the club on this:

The hold music being played currently is free and in the public domain. I do believe it is being reviewed this summer along with phone options etc so I shall raise it again. This person isn’t the first one to mention it.

So, watch (listen) to this space

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
Take a firm public stand with a statement saying they emphatically feel hard done by, in so many words, and are not happy with the outcome of the FA/PGMOL’s post-mortem as to what has happened this season, citing the examples which led to us directly dropping 11 points so far.

Then go on to discuss tabling a motion at the next AGM to debate the refereeing standards and accountability alongside all its fellow members.
Agreed. The issue must be kept alive.

PGMOL has acknowledged again and again that result-changing mistakes are being made. They apologise, move on and nothing changes. Then more mistakes are made and more apologies offered. Rinse and repeat.

The fans need to know WHY highly trained staff are making such obvious mistakes (e.g. make transcripts of the VAR discussions public), and WHAT the PGMOL is doing to improve the quality of both refereeing and VAR decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports