Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Look, everywhere at this board there's moaning about how the media, other fans etc. don't understand the suffering of poor little Brighton getting f***ed over by clubs like Chelsea. To then say "not our responsibility :whistle: " when Brighton may well be f***ing over some poor club in Argentina... well, perhaps this urge for the football world to shed some tears over the Chelsea-Brighton situation is perhaps a bit much to ask for.
One player. Just one player. Maybe all player transfers should stop then?

Come on, own up, you are just here for attention and as a residual effect of us being managed by your idol. But we will care less and less about Mr Potter and he and you will slide evermore towards irrelevance.

canlison

Jan 28, 2022
I seem to have started something, sorry about that!

Honestly, it's irrelevant, there's always some sort of backdoor dealing in pretty much every other club outside of the big big leagues (and even within them - Italy anyone?), so almost any player any club has ever bought (especially from South America) is going to have been used as a pawn in something shady at some point or another. The kid's too good to be in Argentina for long so if it wasn't Brighton's money it'd be someone else's. And if this Central president hadn't done it, the next one would have, regardless of who wins the elections. I'm not a Central fan (I'm a Boca fan) so I can't say too much about the nuances of Central fans' feelings about their President, but they're a big candidate for relegation next year so honestly, they would've been pissed no matter what

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I really like what this lad can already do just by watching the videos - Can’t see him needing to be loaned out for a season to RUSG personally - what about the U21s? 🤷🏻‍♂️ he looks especially skilful when dribbling/feinting off tackles, well grounded and balanced in his movements and fast. He has a really powerful left foot too -some of those shots in the video were on target from way out of the box - an aggressive goal scoring midfielder seems a good way to build on what De Zerbi’s doing but it also looks like he could play in several positions - CF? Be interested to hear what others think of his style of play ...
I thought the same but didn't see much of his right foot.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Brighton are not f***ing over anyone, we are signing a player, what happens to the money after that is out of control of everyone connected to Brighton and Hove Albion. Rosario could end up with a new president who steals the money as well, again that is not in any way a reflection on Brighton, Tony Bloom, the board or fans of the club.

I'm not sure what you don't understand about that. It is a completely different scenario to the one at Chelsea where they seem to want to have everything that Brighton had, and are now looking like taking the Head of Recruitment as well, Chelsea are totally in control of that situation, in fact with the potential recruitment of Paul Winstanley that is directly on Potters head as it was mentioned in numerous reports that he was going to be given input into who he thought should get the role.

You disdain for the passion we feel for our club and especially our fan base is becoming more and more obvious and tiresome.
No disdain for the passion or fan base, plenty of disdain for the hypocrisy and the whole "little cute, moral, nice us - victims forever" narrative is just nauseating. The club as no qualms in cheaply buying this player at a time that might be the worst possible for Rosario Central.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No disdain for the passion or fan base, plenty of disdain for the hypocrisy and the whole "little cute, moral, nice us - victims forever" narrative is just nauseating. The club as no qualms in cheaply buying this player at a time that might be the worst possible for Rosario Central.
You are just simply trolling now. Your argument is all about our criticism of Potter and Chelsea etc. Please stop.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The narrative is totally made up in your own head.

I'd say £10 million plus add ons for a player who has less than 30 first team appearances and isn't yet 18 is anything but cheap as well, it's also within the top 5 or 6 transfers of Argentinian players under 20 ever made.

Dec 29, 2011
I seem to have started something, sorry about that!

Honestly, it's irrelevant, there's always some sort of backdoor dealing in pretty much every other club outside of the big big leagues (and even within them - Italy anyone?), so almost any player any club has ever bought (especially from South America) is going to have been used as a pawn in something shady at some point or another. The kid's too good to be in Argentina for long so if it wasn't Brighton's money it'd be someone else's. And if this Central president hadn't done it, the next one would have, regardless of who wins the elections. I'm not a Central fan (I'm a Boca fan) so I can't say too much about the nuances of Central fans' feelings about their President, but they're a big candidate for relegation next year so honestly, they would've been pissed no matter what
Don't apologise. On this forum you couldn't even post about the sea being blue without a ten page flame war erupting between the usual suspects.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The narrative is totally made up in your own head.

I'd say £10 million plus add ons for a player who has less than 30 first team appearances and isn't yet 18 is anything but cheap as well, it's also within the top 5 or 6 transfers of Argentinian players under 20 ever made.
Not to mention in the off season as well so timing is hardly an issue for them either is it !!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I thought the same but didn't see much of his right foot.
no, me neither - he does seem to favour his left foot (especially when shooting) which isn’t a problem if he’s playing wide/on the left. Good write up here

I think Zerbi, if he doesn’t add him to the squad immediately (which I think is a possibility because, admittedly just based on videos, his style and standard does not fall far short of what we have seen from Gilmour or Undav imo ), then he will at least want to keep a close eye on this young lad, not loan him off to a championship side for match exp or loan him to RUSG ( where he would need yet another adjustment to acclimatise to living in England on his return to the Club). For a lad that age, it makes sense to ‘look after’ his progression here IMHO.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
no, me neither - he does seem to favour his left foot (especially when shooting) which isn’t a problem if he’s playing wide/on the left. Good write up here

I think Zerbi, if he doesn’t add him to the squad immediately (which I think is a possibility because, admittedly just based on videos, his style and standard does not fall far short of what we have seen from Gilmour or Undav imo ), then he will at least want to keep a close eye on this young lad, not loan him off to a championship side for match exp or loan him to RUSG ( where he would need yet another adjustment to acclimatise to living in England on his return to the Club). For a lad that age, it makes sense to ‘look after’ his progression here IMHO.
Assuming he gets a work permit then I think he may follow a similar path to Caicedo. Here for 6 months initially to see what his level is, some games in the U21s before a decision is made in the summer about what is needed to further his development. Be it a loan move, like Caicedo had, more U21 games or possibly even stepping up into the first team squad.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Except the 'might be' in your statement is doing a lot of heavy lifting isn't it? Brighton 'might be' signing him at the best possible time if the club are in dire financial straits and have a pressing need for ten million quid. Maybe you could start criticising the club, if and when Brighton could be said to have actually done anything wrong.

For now perhaps you could be more honest and just say what you really mean. You're very cross with all of us at the moment because we've been really horrid about Graham.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Except the 'might be' in your statement is doing a lot of heavy lifting isn't it? Brighton 'might be' signing him at the best possible time if the club are in dire financial straits and have a pressing need for ten million quid. Maybe you could start criticising the club, if and when Brighton could be said to have actually done anything wrong.

For now perhaps you could be more honest and just say what you really mean. You're very cross with all of us at the moment because we've been really horrid about Graham.
Just go with whatever makes you sleep better tonight

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You really do talk nonsense. The Chelsea Brighton debacle is CLEARLY COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to buying 1 player from a South American club. You do post some BS. Maybe your idiotic acolytes will finally see through your stupidity but I doubt it. Why don’t you fcuk off to Chelsea’s board and be sycophantic with G-Pott there?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This started as good discussion on an exiting new signing for Brighton but people now have to wade through a load of pointless shite in order to read the relevant posts. I’m pretty new here so dont want to piss people off but FFS!

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
If we didn't go in and get this talented kid, another club would have. Any argument that we are 'taking advantage' of their situation is horse shit and baseless. The way football works, and as a side note: Mods can we have a swear word replace 'Potter' on here?

Thanks. Oh and welcome to the best club in England Facundo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here