[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If Mr Rosario President in December fucks off with all the money Brighton pay for this player, I'd argue it invalidates pretty much the whole "Chelsea are immoral for asset stripping our club" argument yes. Can't be all upset when Chelsea robs another PL team just to find it perfectly find if Brighton participates in some kind of shoddy robbery of a poor Argentinian club.
Damn that's waaay off

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Looks to have a bit of everything about him and with the right training and discipline he has the attributes to play anywhere across the midfield or in our forward line. Another good purchase.

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Until, at some point, which is not so improbable, Brighton has a season (maybe this one) where they really do disrupt the top 7. European football will move the needle again. Beating Chelsea, signing this talent, and having DeZerbi at the helm has righted my Albion ship. The short term objective should be to finish above the Kings Road Raiders this season. I’d f***ing paint that on the changing room walls.
Very good point.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Can we use the argument with the exceptions panel that we lost several players (probably not) but in losing Enoch we might have a argument or not ?
The exceptions panel will only look at the argument about the player we are trying to get a work permit for. They will not be swayed by us needing him because we are short of players due to players leaving etc.

If he's not quite at the 15 points required we will need to convince them that he is an exceptional talent or his age,. The fact that he is regularly playing in a level 3 league before his 18th birthday and has played for his national team at U20 level while still being 17 shows that he does have huge potential. This should be enough to sway them in the event that he doesn't get the permit granted automatically on the points based system.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Perhaps yet another emerging talent scouted by Sam Jewell?
This reminded me that the excellent BBC Senior Football Reporter / Commentator Ian Dennis earlier this year was heralding Sam as "a jewel in the recruitment system of Brighton & Hove Albion."
It seems Sam also played a major part in bringing us Enciso, Mac Allister and Caicedo.
I think he's Paul Jewell's son?
You know a lot more about it than I do. A quick google suggests he is indeed Paul Jewell's son:

I didn't know he was involved in the hiring of Enciso Mac and Caicedo though. It makes sense.

You wouldn't happen to know the involvement, if any, of South America expert Tim Vickery would you? I remember he raved about Caicedo, saying he was the real deal, but appeared to warn against the risk with Enciso, due to his age and slight build. He seems to be doing fine though. I haven't seen anything he's written about Facu.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Can't be all upset when Chelsea robs another PL team just to find it perfectly find if Brighton participates in some kind of shoddy robbery of a poor Argentinian club.
I'm interested in how far you'd take this.

Should we stop being upset when an opposition team scores a goal, because we're also trying to score goals against them?

Stumpy Tim

You know a lot more about it than I do. A quick google suggests he is indeed Paul Jewell's son:

I didn't know he was involved in the hiring of Enciso Mac and Caicedo though. It makes sense.

You wouldn't happen to know the involvement, if any, of South America expert Tim Vickery would you? I remember he raved about Caicedo, saying he was the real deal, but appeared to warn against the risk with Enciso, due to his age and slight build. He seems to be doing fine though. I haven't seen anything he's written about Facu.
I wouldn't say he warned against Encisco... he said he was more of a gamble than Caicedo. Spot on in my book as Caicedo clearly has the talent and physique to be world class. Enciso's cameo was very encouraging, but he's not in Caicedo's class.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Replacement for Trossard ?
My brother texted this morning: “Trossard can go. this kid is his replacement”.

I don’t want to see Trossard go, though.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I wouldn't say he warned against Encisco... he said he was more of a gamble than Caicedo. Spot on in my book as Caicedo clearly has the talent and physique to be world class. Enciso's cameo was very encouraging, but he's not in Caicedo's class.
That's a fair point. 'Warning against' is probably overstating it, but I was highlighting the difference in his assessment of Caicedo and Enciso, i.e. Caicedo was not much of a gamble, but Enciso was more of a gamble. I agree that Enciso's cameo was very encouraging. And now we have Facu. What a pool of South American talent, including Ali Mac, Sarmiento and Pervis. And not one Brazilian among them.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
He said he was more Billy Arce than Moises Caceido! Pretty damning really

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
He said he was more Billy Arce than Moises Caceido! Pretty damning really
I completely forgot about that. He did indeed say that.

It just goes to show that buying South Americans (or young players from anywhere else) can be a real gamble, with so much depending on the lad making the right choices.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I completely forgot about that. He did indeed say that.

It just goes to show that buying South Americans (or young players from anywhere else) can be a real gamble, with so much depending on the lad making the right choices.
Two words. Federico. Turienzo.

Love the story, possibly even true, about how he was bitching and moaning in Withdean dressing room about his wages. At which point the rest of the dressing room's jaws dropped. And not in a good way :lol:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I really like what this lad can already do just by watching the videos - Can’t see him needing to be loaned out for a season to RUSG personally - what about the U21s? 🤷🏻‍♂️ he looks especially skilful when dribbling/feinting off tackles, well grounded and balanced in his movements and fast. He has a really powerful left foot too -some of those shots in the video were on target from way out of the box - an aggressive goal scoring midfielder seems a good way to build on what De Zerbi’s doing but it also looks like he could play in several positions - CF? Be interested to hear what others think of his style of play ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports