Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facebook statuses from plastic Man Utd fans.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
All the 'plastics' on my facebook seem to be Liverpool fans - the reds are somehow very popular with Swedes.
I have upset a couple with the joke about match stats;

Brighton WWDWLW
Liverpool LMFAO

It's the same in Denmark, many more Liverpool fans than and other which wasn't good for me watching our last performance against them :/

My best mate here is a Man U fan who's actually from Manchester and is spot on with opinions etc. I have a feeling it is mainly the twats that never go to watch a live game etc that say the crazy things.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Funny thing is I can name a handful of Brighton 'fans' I know have not seen Brighton play live. Does that then make them plastic fans? Is it just the lack of visiting the stadium that makes one 'plastic'? They've followed the club for as long as I've know them, but never been to a game, or just a handful of games over the years.

I've never really understood. I guess a lot of it is jealousy, sure, like Palace fans calling Brighton fans plastic because they're jealous of what they have and they're going to achieve.

Dont worry mate. There's always next season. Go out with your mates for the evening. Looks like you need some Kompany.

I've never really understood

That's because you 'support' Man Utd, though.

I guess a lot of it is jealousy

Your guesses are wide of the mark. We hate Man Utd fans because they are glory-seeking c*nts.

By the way, it's probably not the best idea to play the innocent abroad about glory-seeking Man U fans when you then go and moan about glory-seeking Man City fans on your twitter account.

I think you ought to be posting on RedCafe rather than on here, my plastic Manc chum.

Attachments

• manc_lover.png
    manc_lover.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 43

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Funny thing is I can name a handful of Brighton 'fans' I know have not seen Brighton play live. Does that then make them plastic fans? Is it just the lack of visiting the stadium that makes one 'plastic'? They've followed the club for as long as I've know them, but never been to a game, or just a handful of games over the years.

I've never really understood. I guess a lot of it is jealousy, sure, like Palace fans calling Brighton fans plastic because they're jealous of what they have and they're going to achieve.

Why would I be jealous of someone looking at the league table, seeing who's first, and going "right, I'll support them"?

That's plastic, meaningless support.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
There are some people my age, it is fair to say, are 'plastic' supporters not through their own choice. A lot of young (17-21) people whos parents would have hammered support of Man U, arsenal, whoever into them as a kid by making them watch it on TV. You can hardly blame them if that is all they have ever seen.

If i was to move to another part of the country in the future with children i would certainly try to encourage them to support the albion.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It's amazing how many people I know who claim their family hail from Manchester or Liverpool. Was there a mass southbound exodus from the northern cities in the 80s I wasn't aware of?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I personally enjoyed driving back from the Liverpool game and getting stuck in traffic, due to all the fans heading back home. That we got as far as Surrey and there were more Liverpool fans than Albion at the service station says it all really. Wonderfully vintage scouse accents ???

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
By the way, it's probably not the best idea to play the innocent abroad about glory-seeking Man U fans when you then go and moan about glory-seeking Man City fans on your twitter account.

You don't get irony, do you?

I wasn't going to rise to the bait, but you have me. I joined this forum because my little brother and sister are Brighton fans. Do you remember that nice age, under 10, just getting into football and discovering your love for the game and the team you follow?

I don't really know anything about Brighton football club so after doing some research on the internet, I found this forum (which looked friendly enough at the beginning). I started reading up on the team and trying to learn as much to pass onto them so they would know about Brighton and so that I could bond with them over football because that was one of my best memories as I was growing up, having football to talk about with my step-dad, to be able to sit and chat for hours about football...

Turns out that you're not 'welcome' unless the whole family is a Brighton fan, eh? They should put that in big letters on the Stadium or on the forum banner here. New young fans welcome, bring your kids to junior segulls days, but if your parents or guardian don't stupport Brighton, stay at home, you're not welcome here... A great advertisement for the club.

Isn't it better to let them find their own team rather than orce United on them, letting them chose a club for themselves. I see there are plenty of other people here that support other clubs, I didn't realise there was a strict criteria for what is acceptable.

Thanks. It's been emotional. At least my little brother and sister will be in good company...

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Man Utd fans in Sussex are Wankers.

End of Thread

This isn't actually true. A good mate of mine is a Man Utd fan who is from Dorking. Great bloke who is knowledgable and does go to the odd game at OT. I also now a couple of Liverpool fans from Sussex who are perfectly nice chaps. But there are an awful lot of Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool/ Arsenal/ City fans that you see in pubs on Sunday afternoons that are complete tossers. Just don't tar them all with the same brush

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You don't get irony, do you?

I wasn't going to rise to the bait, but you have me. I joined this forum because my little brother and sister are Brighton fans. Do you remember that nice age, under 10, just getting into football and discovering your love for the game and the team you follow?

I don't really know anything about Brighton football club so after doing some research on the internet, I found this forum (which looked friendly enough at the beginning). I started reading up on the team and trying to learn as much to pass onto them so they would know about Brighton and so that I could bond with them over football because that was one of my best memories as I was growing up, having football to talk about with my step-dad, to be able to sit and chat for hours about football...

Turns out that you're not 'welcome' unless the whole family is a Brighton fan, eh? They should put that in big letters on the Stadium or on the forum banner here. New young fans welcome, bring your kids to junior segulls days, but if your parents or guardian don't stupport Brighton, stay at home, you're not welcome here... A great advertisement for the club.

Isn't it better to let them find their own team rather than orce United on them, letting them chose a club for themselves. I see there are plenty of other people here that support other clubs, I didn't realise there was a strict criteria for what is acceptable.

Thanks. It's been emotional. At least my little brother and sister will be in good company...

Nor do I...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I work with a Lad from Exeter, who supports Man U has done since he can remember. He goes to the odd game at old traffard but is restricted by the amount he goes to games by distance. I tease him for being a plastic sometimes, but he is not a big headed knob and understands why I support Brighton. He says that sometimes he wished he had supported a more local team, but he has supported United for so long he can't change (this I undersand).

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I have a friend who is a glory supporting Man U fan. I insist on telling him that he is from Sussex and that he is not from Manchester every time I see him. He used to do the regular plastic fan excuses such as 'it was the first team I saw play on the tele' or the story of a distant relative who was from there. He has stopped the excuses for now and has agreed to go to a Brighton game with me. He now also talks about Brighton with me now. I'm now one step closer to converting him to a proper football fan. And is it me or does there seem to be more Liverpool glory supporting fans in this area then Man U?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here