Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facebook statuses from plastic Man Utd fans.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And here's proof that I've been to Old Trafford more often than 95% of their fans.

what_I_think_of_MUFC.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've made no secret of it. I've mentioned it a few times on this forum. However, I've never said I was a Brighton fan either. So there was no rumbling to be done, really. I just find it easier not to go shouting about being a United fan on other teams forums, tends to upset the locals, but when asked I would never deny it, why would I...

I've been to about 20 games this season, if not more. I've enjoyed seeing my little brother in his Brighton kit getting excited for the team, munching on his pies that he doesn't stop going on about and sharing some special moments with my brother and other friends that are also Brighton fans. It's been great for me to be able to do this with my family and friends. I mean after all, isn't that what the 'community stadium' is all about?

Really good post that. Everyone has their own start in football and their own passion for their club for their own reason. You sound like a proper Man Utd fan, the only difference between you and me is the club we support. Personally, I'm a Brighton fan and proud of it. I could easily have ended up "supporting" Liverpool, my dad is a Liverpool fan and he was encouraging me to watch the Liverpool games on TV with him, but instead I went with my step-dad to the Priestfield stadium as an 11 year old to watch crappy little Brighton not win games of football. I have the best of both worlds now, Brighton fan unquestionably, but with an interest in the sport in general.

I started this thread to mock the very obviously plastic Man Utd fans who were getting upset and irate with no valid reason at all, in my opinion. You don't fall into that category.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not if you support Merton FC

Thought for a minute there you were going to say AFC Wimbledon! As it happens, have spent the last 36 years following the Albion, mostly as a season ticket holder. Couldn't help the fact my dad lost his job and we headed to Sussex when I was only 5. Had he kept his post, I probably would've have supported Wimbledon. Had that been the case, then at least I would have seen my team win a cup final and spend longer in the top flight than BHA did. Downside would have been many more trips to Selhurst!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My kids will not be given a choice. They will be born and bred in Sussex, therefore they will be Brighton fans. It should be the default setting.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My kids will not be given a choice. They will be born and bred in Sussex, therefore they will be Brighton fans. It should be the default setting.

And if you meet a woman who supports a different club and have kids with her, what then? Divided house, presumably. I agree with the sentiment though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And if you meet a woman who supports a different club and have kids with her, what then? Divided house, presumably. I agree with the sentiment though.

Then you brainwash her as well. Its quite simple.

My wife was a Saints STH, until she moved away to college in Liverpool.

We met up there, and ultimately ended up settling down in her part of the world. Our boys are Albion STH's and she is an Albion fan.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's seriously easy to get children to support their local club. You tell them who they are going to support, why they should support them and you buy them the tops and you take them to matches. Job done. I brainwashed my 2 boys into supporting Brighton and from the day they were born they were only ever going to support their local club. They were Withdean STHs since the age of 5 and at the ages of 10 and 12 neither will ever support anyone else.

Bollocks to all this 'letting kids choose their team' malarkey. FFS, what's wrong with you people?
this, all day long.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Then you brainwash her as well. Its quite simple.

My wife was a Saints STH, until she moved away to college in Liverpool.

We met up there, and ultimately ended up settling down in her part of the world. Our boys are Albion STH's and she is an Albion fan.

Then your kids have seen how easy it is to switch allegiance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here