Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fabrizio Romano

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Not sure what all the fuss is about. Whether he gets the news himself or from people that break it first then that’s fine by me. I recently started following him on Twitter because it saves you following lots of people as he basically collates everything.

As far as the Cucurella business is concerned he said it was happening and it did. Yes some of the timeline was wrong but the basic message from the off turned out to be pretty accurate in that Cucurella was on the move.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure what all the fuss is about. Whether he gets the news himself or from people that break it first then that’s fine by me. I recently started following him on Twitter because it saves you following lots of people as he basically collates everything.

As far as the Cucurella business is concerned he said it was happening and it did. Yes some of the timeline was wrong but the basic message from the off turned out to be pretty accurate in that Cucurella was on the move.

And the wrong club. Chelsea and Albion keeping their counsel.

He only said Chelsea when the world did in tandem.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Like all those hapless souls who tread the dire and demeaning path of trying to keep up with transfers, Romano is at the mercy of agents who care nothing for him. So what they swear is true one day (Cucurella only wants City and to play for Pep) is different the next (Chelsea is the club he has always dreamed of playing for) and he ends up with egg on his face.

In that way he is rather like the Tory MPs who were sent out to lie for Boris Johnson in the morning only to find he'd changed the story by lunchtime.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Like all those hapless souls who tread the dire and demeaning path of trying to keep up with transfers, Romano is at the mercy of agents who care nothing for him. So what they swear is true one day (Cucurella only wants City and to play for Pep) is different the next (Chelsea is the club he has always dreamed of playing for) and he ends up with egg on his face.

In that way he is rather like the Tory MPs who were sent out to lie for Boris Johnson in the morning only to find he'd changed the story by lunchtime.

Yup.

A consequence of the football world being overly secretive and non-transparent /due to its dirtyness and greed) - no good sources, have to go with the greedy agents. Sure, you could become the mouthpiece of a club but that is similar levels of nasty.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can’t say I’ve taken any notice of him until this week, I was reading the replies to his tweets yesterday and seems like most of his fans/followers are African armchair fans of the big PL clubs and kids that probably get most of their football knowledge from FIFA games, complete lot of dullards with the same comments and pictures over and over again. Same sort of idiots seemed to be replying to the official BHAFC Twitter account.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Doesnt really matter to us which club the point was that Cucurella was off

Most of us said he was throughout. With Bloom making it plain that he wouldn’t stand in the way of any player.

Romano’s (Cucu’s agent) musings over 7 tedious weeks gave us a very one-sided commentary on not much at all when it came the real deal ….. City personal terms agreed, desperate to play for Guardiola, bid submitted by Citeh, transfer request.

7 weeks of propaganda about a move to Citeh, absolutely did not not lower the price, it didn’t influence the eventual destination club and it failed to perturb cerebral TB.

Then he joined Chelsea for double the fee and no one knew anything about it until the last minute.

Chelsea though do owe Romano a debt. He inadvertently did their scouting for them, alerting them access to Guardiola’s wish list.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Most of us said he was throughout. With Bloom making it plain that he wouldn’t stand in the way of any player.

Romano’s (Cucu’s agent) musings over 7 tedious weeks gave us a very one-sided commentary on not much at all when it came the real deal ….. City personal terms agreed, desperate to play for Guardiola, bid submitted by Citeh, transfer request.

7 weeks of propaganda about a move to Citeh, absolutely did not not lower the price, it didn’t influence the eventual destination club and it failed to perturb cerebral TB.

Then he joined Chelsea for double the fee and no one knew anything about it until the last minute.

Chelsea though do owe Romano a debt. He inadvertently did their scouting for them, alerting them access to Guardiola’s wish list.
The point is it was just transfer talk which happens in every transfer window. I’m not sure why anyone is getting their knickers in a twist over it. It certainly had no influence on the final outcome so should be treated as any other transfer rumour.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Can’t say I’ve taken any notice of him until this week, I was reading the replies to his tweets yesterday and seems like most of his fans/followers are African armchair fans of the big PL clubs and kids that probably get most of their football knowledge from FIFA games, complete lot of dullards with the same comments and pictures over and over again. Same sort of idiots seemed to be replying to the official BHAFC Twitter account.

Gets 1000s of replies just saying "you are the GOAT" !! Some strange people out there!

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
I think it is a legal requirement that he is cc'd in on every email regarding a transfer enquiry between clubs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The point is it was just transfer talk which happens in every transfer window. I’m not sure why anyone is getting their knickers in a twist over it. It certainly had no influence on the final outcome so should be treated as any other transfer rumour.

Not quite that simple with him though, because (like it or not) he's got such a following (over 10 million on Twitter) his word is taken as gospel (and think about how many of those 10m retweet/spread what he's said, plus the lazy news outlets that pick it up from him and don't check). He's cultivated relationships with a number of agents so he's getting first hand info, so will often be first with the news, and often correct which makes him look like a smart arse, but obviously only one side of the deal. He came unstuck here (not that he'll admit it - quite the opposite) because he (led by Cucu's agent) expected us to buckle to the City pressure (of which he was a choreographed part for sure) but turns out he picked the wrong club owner to fvck with this time. All his ITK 'only wants City/done deal/terms agreed' stuff will be quickly forgotten though as he moves on to the next saga.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not quite that simple with him though, because (like it or not) he's got such a following (over 10 million on Twitter) his word is taken as gospel (and think about how many of those 10m retweet/spread what he's said, plus the lazy news outlets that pick it up from him and don't check). He's cultivated relationships with a number of agents so he's getting first hand info, so will often be first with the news, and often correct which makes him look like a smart arse, but obviously only one side of the deal. He came unstuck here (not that he'll admit it - quite the opposite) because he (led by Cucu's agent) expected us to buckle to the City pressure (of which he was a choreographed part for sure) but turns out he picked the wrong club owner to fvck with this time. All his ITK 'only wants City/done deal/terms agreed' stuff will be quickly forgotten though as he moves on to the next saga.

For us that'll be Sanchez to Utd in 12 months time - can't wait :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Trossard to United in January to get through first.

Only if it stays sunny through till November.

Manchester would be a career killer for The Tross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here