Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So now that the dust has settled, we’ve suffered and will take the positives, what have we learnt from this sale process for the final? (If we got there thanks @Guinness Boy)

Every man, women and child (accompanied) for themselves?

Last edited:

greachain

Mar 19, 2023
My takeaway: its always best to be a season ticket holder in these situations (disclosure: I'm currently MA+ as a prior STH holder). And at the end of the day....fair enough. Everything else can/will/should be a bunfight - it was a very civilised controlled process from everything I read and what I experienced all the way through the STH and MA+ membership windows so kudos to the IT team at the Amex and the Wembley/FA IT team who worked with them (these guys never get credit - take it from someone who works in IT) so let's give them credit where due! If the website had fallen over we'd have been talking about them non stop. It didn't and it worked so fair ducks.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
For England tickets you get additional priority when there are limited tickets if you’ve been to at least 4 home games and 1 away. Although that doesn’t always work for me, I can see why they do it.

I can see that, should we get to the final, they will have to consider if the members need splitting further as I guess that is where the pinch point will come, assuming that being a STH gets you a ticket anyway.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My takeaway-
Stuff the family and friends. Next time tickets like this go on sale I'm straight in at 9:00 priority 1 to get the best seat. As it is I'm front of block 521 hoping to swap with someone at the back so I can sit with my Granddaughter.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So now that the dust has settled, we’ve suffered and will take the positives, what have we learnt from this sale process for the final?

Every man, women and child (accompanied) for themselves?
"The Final". :lolol:

Deary me, you are a card. Final indeed.....

(yes, every fellow for themselves)

E1BBN2

Mar 29, 2023
My takeaway would be, tell anyone who wants to attend even one game a year- you’ll have better chances being a MyAlbion+ member, than relying on STH’s getting you a guest ticket.

tigerbeesteve

tigerbeesteve
Jan 18, 2010
Bristol
It’s weird that all those disabled seats have been free for many days and have suddenly all been bought up for season ticket guests.
I'm curious about this too.

I'm ambulant-disabled (deaf with mental health issues) MA+ priority 1, but I was restricted as to where I could buy a ticket together with a PA.

In my preferred blocks, there was only one ambulant-disabled seat left, and I couldn't buy it because there was no other ambulant-disabled seat available next to it (or above it or below).

The option of buying for myself in one block and the PA in another wouldn't work as I need the PA to be next to me.

I've no complaints by the way, I'm overjoyed I have a seat for me and a personal assistant in block 544, but it did strike me that there were quite a few of those seats available today in otherwise sold-out blocks (I discovered their availability as I was curious how the sales were going this morning).

Does that mean we have a lot of STH's who are able to buy those ambulant-disabled seats, and how does that work? Am just curious by the way if anybody may be able to shed light on it?

jeremy fisher

Sep 20, 2014
I missed out as a guest. A STH was trying for me this afternoon. :(
I suppose the lesson - become a member at the start of the season to avoid losing out.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
My takeaway is - find 2 season ticket holders at the beginning of the season who have each other in their friends and family list. Buy them lots of alcohol & then make them sign a legal document stating that they will get me 3 STH guest tickets for a semi-final (unrealistic for the final as it may not go to STH guests) or be sued for the price of Club Wembley seats (this will be a rolling contract). :lolol:
Alternatively buy adult Jnr MA+ as well and forget about a PA for ambulant disabled seating. :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Long thread...

So in the end how many STH took up tickets before it hit the members? And how many had we sold before we hit guests?

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Long thread...

So in the end how many STH took up tickets before it hit the members? And how many had we sold before we hit guests?
There were only about 2k left when it went to guests. Think roughly 8k when it went to members.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
@Bozza's final spreadsheet will confirm the numbers

If we get to the final, it'll basically be STHs and Tier 1 A+ members, plus maybe some for T2.
As a Tier 2 Albion+ member who needs to arrange flights for the final, this makes me nervous!

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I missed out as a guest. A STH was trying for me this afternoon. :(
I suppose the lesson - become a member at the start of the season to avoid losing out.
Yes, that's my takeaway, too. I was waiting for 23/24 membership to go on sale, so it's my own fault for not getting this year's one.
Oh well, we will be going to the Everton game instead; hope the semi final has a better result than 2019; hope it's a great day for everyone going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here