[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MarkMcGhee

Oct 19, 2022
OK. That's bloody irritating for those affected. I assume they'll be refunding those they seem to have misrepresented what they were purchasing and don't want the new offer?
Yeh they said they could refund. I didn't- so far i've told my 9 yr old a) you've got a membership for next season and b) we will be able to get Wembley tix if some are left on Tuesday morning. I didn't want to break both parts of that promise, so i didnt take them up on the offer. So gutted for him!!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Took a couple of attempts on 01273 648170. I was on the phone for 66 minutes. I was persistent, asked for it to be escalated, and was told:
- there has been an error,
- they've told lots of other people the same thing this morning
- they can't do anything for me as it would be unfair on the others who've been told no luck.
Well, they could do, and quite easily. They could email / sms everyone affected and allow a window dedicated to those affected before ST guest window is launched.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well, they could do, and quite easily. They could email / sms everyone affected and allow a window dedicated to those affected before ST guest window is launched.
So that all the Man Utd fans who bought our memberships after the draw was made can buy tickets in our end?

I've no idea how many this is, although certain it's more than zero. But likewise I'm sure there will be STH's buying guest tickets for ManUtd fans. Nothing is simple.

A purchase history window would be fairer than having a window for new members.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Quick question, my 17 year old niece would love to go but her father can't get the time off work. She is a season ticket holder but I am no longer a season ticket holder. I have offered to take her as a birthday gift from my wife and I, so on Thursday can she order a ticket for herself and me ( as a guest) although she will only be 17?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yeh they said they could refund. I didn't- so far i've told my 9 yr old a) you've got a membership for next season and b) we will be able to get Wembley tix if some are left on Tuesday morning. I didn't want to break both parts of that promise, so i didnt take them up on the offer. So gutted for him!!
Fair enough. Really irritating for those affected, but fessing up to the error and offering a refund is probably a reasonable response. Good on you for holding onto the membership you've bought for your kid - hope they get to enjoy some games next season with it - and maybe even get to Wembley this...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So that all the Man Utd fans who bought our memberships after the draw was made can buy tickets in our end?

I've no idea how many this is, although certain it's more than zero. But likewise I'm sure there will be STH's buying guest tickets for ManUtd fans. Nothing is simple.

I said earlier purchase history should rank ahead of guests.

However to your point, there will be United fans with purchase history as well.

To avoid this they could say purchase history (>2 games in the last 2 years and different opposition etc) but then gets beyond the ease and cost of managing this vs the benefit.

In this instance though I don’t think saying one thing to people and brushing it off as an error / shrug is really good enough.

I’m a x2 season ticket holder and we annoyingly can’t make it, so I’ve done my part at least!

MarkMcGhee

Oct 19, 2022

There seems to be a few people who have purchase history who upgraded to a paid membership in March in order to secure tickets for the SF. They should obvs be at the back of the queue behind people who've been more often, but expectations were set that the club haven't been able to deliver on.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
That’s a theoretical risk, as is the possibility of 4,000 United fans getting hold of tickets tomorrow morning as STH guests. Both scenarios are highly unlikely.
Former is much higher % risk than the latter as they’d have to coerce the STH into buying them in the first place…

Simple trick would be the old postcode scenario however that would also discriminate against genuine Albion fans in exile such as myself.

There is no easy option here however feel the club should do something…

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Former is much higher % risk than the latter as they’d have to coerce the STH into buying them in the first place…

Simple trick would be the old postcode scenario however that would also discriminate against genuine Albion fans in exile such as myself.

There is no easy option here however feel the club should do something…
Not wishing to get into a drawn out debate, but if a United fan purchased 23/24 MyAlbion+ membership on the understanding that they would be eligible to purchase a semi-final ticket, would you expect them to have forked out on another purchase?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Not wishing to get into a drawn out debate, but if a United fan purchased 23/24 MyAlbion+ membership on the understanding that they would be eligible to purchase a semi-final ticket, would you expect them to have forked out on another purchase?
Sorry chap. Being thick and not following.

Am I certain that a United fan living not in Manchester or being a United STH and therefore having no other option of getting a ticket might look at throwing £30 ‘away’ for a chance of getting a ticket? Yes.

No money involved but when we drew Villa away under Poyet I joined their database using my dad’s address (midlands based) to buy tickets in the home end when we sold out and we couldn’t get any… football does strange things to people who simply have to be there.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think that these 23/24 memberships are active for home games this season e.g. you could buy H MUtd and H Everton, but they haven't been given priority for the semi-final.

Maybe someone with 23/24 membership with this problem could see if they could by those home games?

ant192

Crowborough Seagull
Aug 9, 2004
crowborough
Same situation here - Been a A+ member for years but didn't renew it for this season during an economy purge of subscriptions and in lieu of the kids being at Uni didn't think id use it much. Renewed after Grimsby and thought id be purchasing today based on the priority window 3 notification. Disappointing my daughter that we won't be going won't be fun, but i realise that the club has to have some kind of system to manage the masses. Anyone want to help the two of us out tomorrow with ST guest tickets? :)

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Yeah, both in my name. I have been a member for a few years and then this season got a ST, should have cancelled the membership but forgot. Still would have thought that I would still be able to buy tickets as a members seeing as I am paying for it!
Only if you were going to go twice yourself!

MarkMcGhee

Oct 19, 2022
I think that these 23/24 memberships are active for home games this season e.g. you could buy H MUtd and H Everton, but they haven't been given priority for the semi-final.

Maybe someone with 23/24 membership with this problem could see if they could by those home games?
I just tried on my kid's new A+ account, he can't buy Man U home tickets, Everton he can but thats general sale. I'm so certain that when i bought it it was described as being member for next season + remainder of this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports