Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I just tried on my kid's new A+ account, he can't buy Man U home tickets, Everton he can but thats general sale. I'm so certain that when i bought it it was described as being member for next season + remainder of this one.
im in exactly the same boat, spent over an hour online and calling club this morning and got nowhere.
My son went to his first 2 games last season age 7, and this season I've exchanged my North Stand STH 8 times to buy regular tickets in East stand with my now 8 year old lad.

I bought the MyAlbion+ a while back for him this year, but there was no option left for remainder of this season and I even called the club before then and was advised to take next season now as it would include the remainder of this one (before we'd reached the SF), .....after buying it gave the start date of the date of purchase and end date at end of next season.

For Wembley, his account said he is MyAlbion+ category 3 and his purchase window was from 9am on 4th April - Me and my brother in STH tier 2 bought last thursday morning in block 552, the most central above dugouts, and our plan was to to try and buy a ticket for my 8 year old son (whose desperate to go) this morning at 9, broadly in same area, anywhere from block 552 to 548 as they all share the same entrance, then once inside before kick off, my brother volunteered to sit on his tod in the seat my son buys and my son would sit next to me in the seat my brother bought in 552.

I went online at 8:31 and something weird happened, i was logged in my brightonandhovealbion account on Chrome browser and it gave countdown as being 29 minutes until opens, about 10 minutes later, just in case connection dropped, I had the brain wave to log into my sons account on firefox browser I did that at 08:41, as soon as 9am hit, the firefox browser logged in at 08:41 was number 450 odd in queue and my orignal Chrome log on from 0831 was 2200ish??

When I went to the tickets section first off on sons account (in first) it says in big letters can buy from 9am today but buy button is greyed out, so you cant, I then called club and was number 28 in phone queue, about 09:22 my account logged in and whilst buy button was green, i could add seat, when I tried to assign son a big red error message, so effectively blocked.

Eventually a nice fella in the club answered and said theyd had loads of such called today, he sounded surprised it said in account that it was available today and said MyAlbion+ is for the rest of this season, but not wembley so that was a mistake (not once communicated in advance) he also said if they allowed those on next seasons there could be too many etc.... which will make no sense once/when they go on general release to STH tier 1 tomorrow morning. Personally I think the club has changed policy on the hoof.

Remember so vividly all the 1983 run and Wembley twice, its magical as a kid, so much wanted my son to get chance to feel that too and feel gutted for him, dont know anyone whose STH tier 1, so hoping for a miracle there's something left for tier 2 after 2pm tomorrow, but Im not sure there will be :(

Screenshot_20230404_091008_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I went online at 8:31 and something weird happened, i was logged in my brightonandhovealbion accounnt on Chrome browser and it gave countdown as being 29 minutes until opens, about 10 minutes later, just in case connection dropped, I had the brain wave to log into my sons account on firefox browser I did that at 08:41, as soon as 9am hit, the firefox browser logged in at 08:41 was number 450 odd in queue and my orignal Chrome log on from 0831 was 2200ish??

The queue is randomised just before it opens... then new people join the back of it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I bought the MyAlbion+ a while back for him this year, but there was no option left for remainder of this season
Sorry for your plight, but from my email with the club, it is new A+ memberships bought on or after 17th March (ie just over two weeks ago) that are not eligible to buy semi-final tickets.

"A while back for him this year" sounds as though it was longer ago than that. Was it? If so, you should be able to buy him one.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’ve decided to give this a miss. The logistics and cost of getting to and from Liverpool on a Sunday afternoon is too much. We bought MyAlbion+ for the last semi to guarantee getting a ticket, but this just adds on more £££s. I had a STH ready and willing to get tickets tomorrow but with train costs it was approaching £300 for me and my lad to go. I feel very sorry for people who have recently bought MyAlbion and now can’t get a ticket. Hope we make Wembley next season too, to compensate. UTA.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
im in exactly the same boat, spent over an hour online and calling club this morning and got nowhere.
My son went to his first 2 games last season age 7, and this season I've exchanged my North Stand STH 8 times to buy regular tickets in East stand with my now 8 year old lad.

I bought the MyAlbion+ a while back for him this year, but there was no option left for remainder of this season and I even called the club then and was advised to take next season now as it would include the remainder of this one (before we'd reached the SF), .....after buying it gave the start date of the date of purchase and end date at end of next season.

For Wembley, his account said he is MyAlbion+ category 3 and his purchase window was from 9am on 4th April - Me and my brother in STH tier 2 bought last thursday morning in block 552, the most central above dugouts, and our plan was to to try and buy a ticket for my 8 year old son (whose desperate to go) this morning at 9, broadly in same area, anywhere from block 552 to 548 as they all share the same entrance, then once inside before kick off, my brother volunteered to sit on his tod in the seat my son buys and my son would sit next to me in the seat my brother bought in 552.

I went online at 8:31 and something weird happened, i was logged in my brightonandhovealbion account on Chrome browser and it gave countdown as being 29 minutes until opens, about 10 minutes later, just in case connection dropped, I had the brain wave to log into my sons account on firefox browser I did that at 08:41, as soon as 9am hit, the firefox browser logged in at 08:41 was number 450 odd in queue and my orignal Chrome log on from 0831 was 2200ish??

When I went to the tickets section first off on sons account (in first) it says in big letters can buy from 9am today but buy button is greyed out, so you cant, I then called club and was number 28 in phone queue, about 09:22 my account logged in and whilst buy button was green, i could add seat, when I tried to assign son a big red error message, so effectively blocked.

Eventually a nice fella in the club answered and said theyd had loads of such called today, he sounded surprised it said in account that it was available today and said MyAlbion+ is for the rest of this season, but not wembley so that was a mistake (not once communicated in advance) he also said if they allowed those on next seasons there could be too many etc.... which will make no sense once/when they go on general release to STH tier 1 tomorrow morning. Personally I think the club has changed policy on the hoof.

Remember so vividly all the 1983 run and Wembley twice, its magical as a kid, so much wanted my son to get chance to feel that too and feel gutted for him, dont know anyone whose STH tier 1, so hoping for a miracle there's something left for tier 2 after 2pm tomorrow, but Im not sure there will be :(

View attachment 159256
It probably because you cannot buy single tickets for under 14's (I think that's the age where unaccompanied children cannot get tickets.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I think that these 23/24 memberships are active for home games this season e.g. you could buy H MUtd and H Everton, but they haven't been given priority for the semi-final.

Maybe someone with 23/24 membership with this problem could see if they could by those home games?
I could buy for Everton before it went on general sale but not Man U.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Sorry for your plight, but from my email with the club, it is new A+ memberships bought on or after 17th March (ie just over two weeks ago) that are not eligible to buy semi-final tickets.

"A while back for him this year" sounds as though it was longer ago than that. Was it? If so, you should be able to buy him one.
Thanks, i'll hope for best tomorrow :)

I just checked (as Mrs bought his membership), it was on 18th March (I think that was just after it came out? - had an email about it), and whilst I'm sure it was all done in good faith and nobody could predict the future, I checked my phone record, and it was on Monday 20th February that I enquired to the club (on the ticket line) about getting him a MyAlbion+ membership for rest of this season, as I really wanted to take him to the Stoke away game which is 30 minutes from me and I'd managed to get it off work. The fella then said he wouldnt be eligible to buy for around 14 days after taking one out (no idea why?), so it wasn't worth it, he advised me to wait a few more weeks, until the next season scheme came out as it would include rest of this season too, which of course I did and was waiting for that too happen.

We drew Grimsby on March 2...... I was personally confident then, we'd make semi, if there was even slightest inkling something like this wouldbe happened, I wouldve bought then, but I was talked out of it on Feb 20th!
Advice I was given pre Stoke was to wait for new seasons as it includes rest of this (and it now does except FA cup SF!).

I get that nobody could see the future or that it wasn't said in anything but good faith, probably to avoid you paying twice for effectively a few weeks in between then and new coming out, and we also may have lost to Stoke when it was said, its just gutting to be presented with the fact at 9;35am this morning.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It probably because you cannot buy single tickets for under 14's (I think that's the age where unaccompanied children cannot get tickets.
I dont think thats the reason now, or that is part of it, in light of what Bozza just said, but I rhad ead that statement a week ago when the info came out and read it as Wembley wouldnt let any children thorugh the turnstile unaccompanied rather than buying tickets must be done with an adult too?

"Accompanied Children: Wembley requires that all supporters aged 14 and under must be accompanied by a full paying adult, no persons under the age of 2 are permitted entry into Wembley stadium. Please note that concession tickets cannot be upgraded and adult tickets cannot be downgraded under any circumstances"

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I bought the MyAlbion+ a while back for him this year, but there was no option left for remainder of this season and I even called the club before then and was advised to take next season now as it would include the remainder of this one (before we'd reached the SF), .....after buying it gave the start date of the date of purchase and end date at end of next season.

View attachment 159256
There absolutely must be someone in tier 1 on here that isn't planning on getting any more tickets. Put a thread on the main board asking! If I hadn't already promised to get two friends tickets I'd 100% get them for you. There must be hundreds of people who would do it for you.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There absolutely must be someone in tier 1 on here that isn't planning on getting any more tickets. Put a thread on the main board asking! If I hadn't already promised to get two friends tickets I'd 100% get them for you. There must be hundreds of people who would do it for you.
Thats really very thoughtful Commander, really.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011

Thats really very thoughtful Commander, really.
I would too but I'm only STH priority 3 so I'm sure you'll be sorted by then

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
This isn't the case though? All members got priority over STH guests. And we only ever do Purchase History for away games (for obvious reasons).
Members yes, purchase history no. We do purchase history for many home games too (and did so for the last semi.

It makes no sense to allow STH guests who’ve never seen a game in their lives ahead of non-member purchase history (in my case, ex-STH for a dozen years etc.). C’est la vie.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would too but I'm only STH priority 3 so I'm sure you'll be sorted by then
Im STH priority 2 myself, so would be eligible at 2pm, but not sure it will get too that looking at the dribs and drabs left.....

But one very kind fellow Albion fan just reached out by PM, so hopefully...........

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I just tried on my kid's new A+ account, he can't buy Man U home tickets, Everton he can but thats general sale. I'm so certain that when i bought it it was described as being member for next season + remainder of this one.
When I looked at it on the website a few days ago it said the memberships would be active this season to be recipients of ST Sharing (which is usually immediate anyway) but didn’t say anything about ticket purchase other than the usual 14 day thing.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I have a screen shot on my phone saying I am Priority 3, can buy from 9am (taken at 9:44).

But buy button greyed out.

Have phoned the club several times, can’t get to talk to a human.
I had this recently for Leeds away - purchase history window open, button greyed. Phoned the club and they manually altered so do keep trying.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

View attachment 159256
On a very rough count, and Bozza will do his thing later, still around 4000 left so you should be ok?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
On a very rough count, and Bozza will do his thing later, still around 4000 left so you should be ok?
I am ok....... as a very kind Albion fan reached out....... when my son returns from the park with his mum, his tears from this morning, (better get used to that supporting Albion), are about to become elation!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here