[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I have a feeling that the game may well take place at another venue or will have the date moved. London marathon must be causing major headaches.
Absolutely no chance. Apart from anything else, they would have known the marathon was going to be on the same date for the best part of a year.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Club Wembley perhaps
Nope, tickets in most sections of the grounds. I guess the touts know what tickets they are going to be able to get their hands on so are able to sell them in advance. You can buy tickets for any Brighton home game on the same website, usually in a selection of stands, including the away end.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Absolutely no chance. Apart from anything else, they would have known the marathon was going to be on the same date for the best part of a year.
The club were hoping to announce on Wednesday morning. It’s now 36 hours later and we think it’s just to do with kick off times?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Maybe there's a massive mix-up and the rules state that both teams have to do it in marathon fancy dress costumes?

Maybe we'll see Wout Weghorst trying to run through in a gnu costume and being dispossessed by Lewis Dunk dressed as a nun?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Did you not go for the play off final against Notts County?

I highly recommend you go mate.
I went to the Notts County game, a Charity Shield as a neutral and several England games in the 80s and 90s. In all honesty the plush new Wembley isn’t a patch on those days. It’s now more like going to a pop concert in a financial district somewhere. There is no sense of the history of the ground. Basically it could be anywhere. I enjoyed Man City but as a one off.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
it's annoying that the don't say when they will announce details on the site, my f5 button is broken trying to refresh the site over and over and over and (you get the message)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That wasn't the case in 2019, unless you were a member. A kind STH on here helped me out to get tickets for myself & Jnrs. I don't think people are realising that even the exchange isn't opening for non members on certain matches. 🤷‍♀️ We are a 'lot' more popular now than 2019! I'm off to check my credit card statements & then ask Jnr if he minds gruel for a couple of months :lolol:
It was and is pretty easy to buy membership though. Three of my daughter’s friends did exactly that in 2019. They had never been to any football match before and haven’t since as far as I know. They enjoyed their day out though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was and is pretty easy to buy membership though. Three of my daughter’s friends did exactly that in 2019. They had never been to any football match before and haven’t since as far as I know. They enjoyed their day out though.
As I posted earlier in this thread, there was a specific sales tier for 2019/20 members, ie the season AFTER the one we were playing in.

This strongly suggests the club dangled the chance to get a semi-final ticket for those who became paid-up members for the following season.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 08.55.37.png

Beyond that, when all sales tiers had been exhausted, the club sent the following email (I keep all club emails)...

"The last remaining tickets for Albion’s Emirates FA Cup semi-final with Manchester City will go on general sale at 11am today (Wednesday 3rd April), with two tickets available per person. The map below shows the remaining ticket availability for this historic fixture."​

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Come on.... make the announcement, so that we can start making proper plans , FFS ! How does it take 4 days to work out which game is being played on which day, when you only have two games to sort ? ....(Drums fingers on desk impatiently ).....
Clearly going to be on the Sunday on account of Manc commitments in Europe (City play on the Wednesday, United play on the Thursday). Just need the needlessly crap kick-off time to be unveiled now

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
It's not like they've suddenly gone "Well would you look at that - the London Marathon is on the same day we were planning on holding the second FA Cup semi-final!" - this would have been known for many months.

Assuming they got for a 4.30 (or later) kick off most of the marathon would be over by then anyway

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Maybe there's a massive mix-up and the rules state that both teams have to do it in marathon fancy dress costumes?

Maybe we'll see Wout Weghorst trying to run through in a gnu costume and being dispossessed by Lewis Dunk dressed as a nun?
In which case I want to see a team of rhinos take to the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports