Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As I posted earlier in this thread, there was a specific sales tier for 2019/20 members, ie the season AFTER the one we were playing in.

This strongly suggests the club dangled the chance to get a semi-final ticket for those who became paid-up members for the following season.

View attachment 158677

Beyond that, when all sales tiers had been exhausted, the club sent the following email (I keep all club emails)...

"The last remaining tickets for Albion’s Emirates FA Cup semi-final with Manchester City will go on general sale at 11am today (Wednesday 3rd April), with two tickets available per person. The map below shows the remaining ticket availability for this historic fixture."​
I suggest we have far more Albion+ or whatever it's called members now and that this game is about 10 times as attractive as the last one, where we went as cannon fodder. I imagine the demand for tickets will be much greater. I have already been contacted by a couple of people who have only been to a handful of games in their lives asking if I can get a total of about 15 tickets over and above mine, neither were vaguely interested in the last semi final against City :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Already taken the provision of booking a driveway to park on for Sunday 23rd in the locality (£33) - about 20-25 minutes walk from Wembley. Travelling up in a mates 7-seater. Jobs a goodun, but can see prices going up rapidly once the inevitable date is confirmed.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Wonder how much the tickets will be this time around? Last time I paid £65 for an adult and £55 for an under 21

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Fr6lrqeXsAEJ7K4.jpeg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Already taken the provision of booking a driveway to park on for Sunday 23rd in the locality (£33) - about 20-25 minutes walk from Wembley. Travelling up in a mates 7-seater. Jobs a goodun, but can see prices going up rapidly once the inevitable date is confirmed.
Those selling their driveways will know there will be one semi on the Sunday regardless of which teams it is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Those selling their driveways will know there will be one semi on the Sunday regardless of which teams it is.
Aye, but I doubt it'll get any cheaper nearer the time. Anyway, not fussed. It'll cost buttons between 8 of us, and keeps me away from the rail/tube bunfights. Looking forward to a leisurely trip.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I suggest we have far more Albion+ or whatever it's called members now and that this game is about 10 times as attractive as the last one, where we went as cannon fodder. I imagine the demand for tickets will be much greater. I have already been contacted by a couple of people who have only been to a handful of games in their lives asking if I can get a total of about 15 tickets over and above mine, neither were vaguely interested in the last semi final against City :lolol:

I’m not sure this game will be 10 times more attractive than our first visit to the new Wembley in our first FA Cup semi final appearance for decades.

We probably have more fans now, but the actual occasion is much less special simply because we did it a few years ago. You could argue that we all thought it could be a one off then, whilst I’m sure a fair percentage of our fans will think we’ll inevitably get to more.

Anybody with purchase history who wants to go and is organised enough to be on the website when they go on sale to Purchase History will get one pretty comfortably IMO.

They’ll be over 10,000 tickets left once they go past ST holders (especially if you consider the 2-3% of ST holders who won’t be able to go) and I really don’t think we’ve got 10,000+ paying members, let alone 10k members who’ll be able to go to the semi final.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Aye, but I doubt it'll get any cheaper nearer the time. Anyway, not fussed. It'll cost buttons between 8 of us, and keeps me away from the rail/tube bunfights. Looking forward to a leisurely trip.
Quite enjoy the atmosphere on a packed train and tube going to a big match to be honest. I reckon best option is to get the train from Marylebone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quite enjoy the atmosphere on a packed train and tube going to a big match to be honest. I reckon best option is to get the train from Marylebone.
Each to their own, I've been there and done all that. I will be MORE than happy if we can get parked, find a quiet little boozer on the way, watch whatever the lunchtime game is, then get to WEMBERLEEEY in good time to start soaking it all up.

That sounds like perfection to me.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Maybe Man United are annoyed at the draw, as they wanted Sheffield not us (of whom they are scared) - and are trying to get it rerum
I’m not sure this game will be 10 times more attractive than our first visit to the new Wembley in our first FA Cup semi final appearance for decades.

We probably have more fans now, but the actual occasion is much less special simply because we did it a few years ago. You could argue that we all thought it could be a one off then, whilst I’m sure a fair percentage of our fans will think we’ll inevitably get to more.

Anybody with purchase history who wants to go and is organised enough to be on the website when they go on sale to Purchase History will get one pretty comfortably IMO.

They’ll be over 10,000 tickets left once they go past ST holders (especially if you consider the 2-3% of ST holders who won’t be able to go) and I really don’t think we’ve got 10,000+ paying members, let alone 10k members who’ll be able to go to the semi final.
I think it will actually be better because last time we effectively crossed fingers but didn’t really have any expectation of making the final but this time we have at least an equal if not better chance imo.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think it will actually be better because last time we effectively crossed fingers but didn’t really have any expectation of making the final but this time we have at least an equal if not better chance imo.
Agreed, our squad is so much better than 2019, I just went for the occasion last time, with no real hope of winning

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We're still the underdog, but you're right in that we have a much better chance. Last time, our only chance was if City had got that first-half red card. It's annoying that it wasn't given coz Ali J assumed that the VAR ref would do his job properly without having to resort to falling on the floor clutching his face.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
We're still the underdog, but you're right in that we have a much better chance. Last time, our only chance was if City had got that first-half red card. It's annoying that it wasn't given coz Ali J assumed that the VAR ref would do his job properly without having to resort to falling on the floor clutching his face.
I’d actually forgotten about that incident.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Have to delay the announcement to make out there were detailed negotiations, when it appears everyone called out Sunday at 4.30 about 5 mins after the draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here