Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup 3rd round draw - Monday (Anfield)

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
You feel so passionately about this I do wonder whether you actually like going to the football or whether you only go for the LP. Are you going to Boro ?
I am not going to Boro, I've been 4 times and that's enough for me, my days of travelling the length of the country for a cup tie are long gone.

But a shame that the diehards who make the trip won't be rewarded. Not sure why that means I don't like going to the football. I go to the games i want to go to. I absolutely loved Wolves for example, but it os absurd that was worth an additional 10 loyalty points than those who trek up north to see the stiffs in the cup will get.

And it's Middlesbrough ffs

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Does anyone know our allocation as only about 280 seats showing available now.
Away allocation for fa cup games is 15% of capacity unless there’s intervention to reduce it by authorities. So that’s about 5100 for Middlesbrough.

I reckon we’ll only need about 900 of that allocation.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I am not going to Boro, I've been 4 times and that's enough for me, my days of travelling the length of the country for a cup tie are long gone.

But a shame that the diehards who make the trip won't be rewarded. Not sure why that means I don't like going to the football. I go to the games i want to go to. I absolutely loved Wolves for example, but it os absurd that was worth an additional 10 loyalty points than those who trek up north to see the stiffs in the cup will get.

And it's Middlesbrough ffs
I wouldn’t worry too much. My guess is most of the away crowd will be diehards (in the top tier anyway) and northern based non STH fans who aren’t bothered about earning loyalty points.

Aug 18, 2013
I wouldn’t worry too much. My guess is most of the away crowd will be diehards (in the top tier anyway) and northern based non STH fans who aren’t bothered about earning loyalty points.
But that misses the point. The whole fanbase is going through this frustrating away ticket nonsense, because of the concern of those missing out on tickets from loyalty point horders. Whatever your thoughts on the scheme, it's got very good intentions to help those people out.

But if you're up north and want to up your points total, or are a younger fan wanting to get up the ladder, you're not getting a chance to accumulate the points you deserve for attending such an unattractive fixture. It's not fair on them imho and i don't think an "I'm alright jack" attitude should mean we don't question it.

Giving with one hand, taking with the other. Utterly bizarre.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But that misses the point. The whole fanbase is going through this frustrating away ticket nonsense, because of the concern of those missing out on tickets from loyalty point horders. Whatever your thoughts on the scheme, it's got very good intentions to help those people out.

But if you're up north and want to up your points total, or are a younger fan wanting to get up the ladder, you're not getting a chance to accumulate the points you deserve for attending such an unattractive fixture. It's not fair on them imho and i don't think an "I'm alright jack" attitude should mean we don't question it.

Giving with one hand, taking with the other. Utterly bizarre.
I actually think you are missing the point. The ‘frustrating away ticket nonsense’ (as you call it) is aimed at making it fair on everybody by ensuring people are not accumulating loyalty points for games they are not attending. I did kind of think this was your angle but please do not use northern based fans (of which I am one) as some kind of ammunition. Stopping people higher up the points list from abusing their ticket buying ability is important for accessibility to all. As I say, most of the BHA fans at this game won’t need the points anyway and I can see why the club were not prepared to reward a low ticket price game. They made that mistake before for the Bournemouth game a few years ago and the spivs were all over it.

Aug 18, 2013
I actually think you are missing the point. The ‘frustrating away ticket nonsense’ (as you call it) is aimed at making it fair on everybody by ensuring people are not accumulating loyalty points for games they are not attending. I did kind of think this was your angle but please do not use northern based fans (of which I am one) as some kind of ammunition. Stopping people higher up the points list from abusing their ticket buying ability is important for accessibility to all. As I say, most of the BHA fans at this game won’t need the points anyway and I can see why the club were not prepared to reward a low ticket price game. They made that mistake before for the Bournemouth game a few years ago and the spivs were all over it.
Ammunition? What are you on about?

The BHA at this game won't need the points because there is no incentive for those who do need the points to go.

But if you're happy that loyalty points are only rewarded to people who want to pay £30 for a match ticket rather then £15 great.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
True but Bournemouth is a much easier and cheaper trip.... I have no issue with the fact there is a good number of Brighton fans who see these games as an opportunity to watch Brighton and don't want people getting seats who won't attend but if I were going from home (woodingdean) to this game I would like to think the club recognised that effort.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ammunition? What are you on about?

The BHA at this game won't need the points because there is no incentive for those who do need the points to go.

But if you're happy that loyalty points are only rewarded to people who want to pay £30 for a match ticket rather then £15 great.
Yes, I’m happy with that if it puts off people buying tickets just so they can accumulate loyalty points. By ‘ammunition,’ I mean using northern based fans as part of this agitation to get rid of regulations that actually benefit us (and many others).

Aug 18, 2013
Yes, I’m happy with that if it puts off people buying tickets just so they can accumulate loyalty points. By ‘ammunition,’ I mean using northern based fans as part of this agitation to get rid of regulations that actually benefit us (and many others).
Brilliant. I haven't even said they should get rid of the regulations (bar the £££ 1901ers being allowed to share their away tickets). I've simply said loyalty should be rewarded and if they can find a way to stop people abusing the system by hording, they can find a way to give proper points to supporters making the effort to go to bloody Middlesbrough

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
True but Bournemouth is a much easier and cheaper trip.... I have no issue with the fact there is a good number of Brighton fans who see these games as an opportunity to watch Brighton and don't want people getting seats who won't attend but if I were going from home (woodingdean) to this game I would like to think the club recognised that effort.
The cost of the trip to Bournemouth wasn’t really relevant. The people conning themselves into loyalty points bought tickets and didn’t attend the game.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Brilliant. I haven't even said they should get rid of the regulations (bar the £££ 1901ers being allowed to share their away tickets). I've simply said loyalty should be rewarded and if they can find a way to stop people abusing the system by hording, they can find a way to give proper points to supporters making the effort to go to bloody Middlesbrough
Well, they could by taking a register of all those attending to ensure everyone who has bought a ticket actually goes to the game. I’m happy for them to do that but I’m guessing the ID requirement would be ‘an infringement of civil liberties’ or some such garbage ? Also, people would be appalled and disgusted at having to arrive at the ground 10 minutes before they want to for the check to be made. So lets rule that out as a possibility. How else do you think the club could disincentivize people looking to cheat the system Bournemouth style ?

Aug 18, 2013
Well, they could by taking a register of all those attending to ensure everyone who has bought a ticket actually goes to the game. I’m happy for them to do that but I’m guessing the ID requirement would be ‘an infringement of civil liberties’ or some such garbage ? Also, people would be appalled and disgusted at having to arrive at the ground 10 minutes before they want to for the check to be made. So lets rule that out as a possibility. How else do you think the club could disincentivize people looking to cheat the system Bournemouth style ?
They've already implemented an ID requirement. So keep that, take a register, job done. They are already doing this and inconveniencing people (again, with the good intention to to stop fans cheating the system), so they should be able to do it to let the system work as intended with the appropriate amount of points for Boro away, in January, without a rail option.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They've already implemented an ID requirement. So keep that, take a register, job done. They are already doing this and inconveniencing people (again, with the good intention to to stop fans cheating the system), so they should be able to do it to let the system work as intended with the appropriate amount of points for Boro away, in January, without a rail option.
I was being a touch sarcastic about taking a register. Wouldn’t bother me but there would be howls of outrage I suspect.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ok fine. Don't moan because it doesn't bother you. But don't spend the last hour 'howling' at someone who thinks it's worth being bothered about.
I’m not sure I understand that post but I don’t want to fall out. I am very bothered about people abusing the LP system and also about people who try to undermine the measures brought in by the club to stop them doing so. I have though spent the last hour watching and enjoying the WC 3rd place game and answering your points.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The cost of the trip to Bournemouth wasn’t really relevant. The people conning themselves into loyalty points bought tickets and didn’t attend the game.
Totally disagree IMO the loyalty points should reflect the 'impact' on the fan of going to that particular game as measured by travel cost, travel time and moderated by 'attractiveness' of the occasion. Bournemouth away really should not attract any/many points as its relatively easy and cheap to go to, whereas Middleborough is almost a polar opposite. Sure not all fans live in Brighton so you could argue that also could be factored in but that might make it too complicated though personally think those with season ticket who travel hundreds of miles for each game should get more loyalty points for their season ticket.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Suspect in this case Boro are unable to provide data on what tickets are actually used, so the club have lowballed the LPs to prevent abuse. If actual use of the ticket could be confirmed before points are added to an account the points might have been higher ? 5 points for a long trip to that shithole doesn’t really stack up otherwise.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Totally disagree IMO the loyalty points should reflect the 'impact' on the fan of going to that particular game as measured by travel cost, travel time and moderated by 'attractiveness' of the occasion. Bournemouth away really should not attract any/many points as its relatively easy and cheap to go to, whereas Middleborough is almost a polar opposite. Sure not all fans live in Brighton so you could argue that also could be factored in but that might make it too complicated though personally think those with season ticket who travel hundreds of miles for each game should get more loyalty points for their season ticket.
I think we are talking about different things. I was referring to our first season in the PL when 15 points were allotted to the away cup game at Bournemouth because it was a less attractive game. It turned out there were large numbers of no shows as the tickets were so cheap people didn’t mind buying them purely for the points. Distance didn’t matter because they weren’t going anyway. By chance those tickets were on sale at the same time as the PL fixture which only awarded 5 points. I went to that one as I go for the football.
Anyway, the club have decided they won’t be played again by the harvesters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here