Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA approach hodgson westbrom give permission to talk!!

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
How long will he actually last if he does not pick Rooney and we fail to qualify.... be a goner in no time.

Id be staggered if he lasts a year.

He shouldn't be going anyway. He is suspended for two games for his petulance. I'd rather they take committed English players who you wouldn't worry about costing us the game when it's not going their way.

I think Roy is in an impossible position. England are NOT good enough to win this. The players don't seem committed enough to win this. But people will immediately look at him for a scapegoat.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Congrats, the best Englishman for the job by a mile, I see Redknapp has come out today having ago at the England players not caring.

Bitter much

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] are spot on.

And I would LOVE it if Hodgson picked a really young team for the Euros and announced he was building for the World Cup in Brazil. Of the old guard, I'd be happy with him taking Lampard (hugely overrated but commendable work ethic) and Cole (twat, but one of the best left backs in the world) but NOT John f***ing Terry. Please Woy, for the love of God, just bin this cretinous overrated liability.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A 4 yr deal is also pretty staggering..... 2 would have been plenty.

Nonsense. International football works in 4 year cycles. 4 years is the MINIMUM a new manager should be appointed for. Short-termism is one of the prime reasons why our national side is so unsuccesful.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Nonsense. International football works in 4 year cycles. 4 years is the MINIMUM a new manager should be appointed for. Short-termism is one of the prime reasons why our national side is so unsuccesful.

Because if Capello was given longer we might have won something...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Certainly be very interesting his first squad.

Roy will get my backing, certainly im happier than when Cappello and Sven were in charge but that isnt saying much.

Id hope he goes with a big influx of young players, like Chamberlain, Welbeck, Sturridge and gets rid of Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard etc....

This could be a bloody disaster....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because if Capello was given longer we might have won something...

That isn't what I said. If things are not working, then of course you can review the situation. But to take on a new manager and say - the job is yours for two years, is absolutely the wrong approach.

Even more so for England at this particular point in time, with the new academy, etc about to come on line. Now is the time to build some proper foundations for the future of the national side.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Roy will get my backing, certainly im happier than when Cappello and Sven were in charge but that isnt saying much.

Did you not rate Capello? You should have mentioned it.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012

Id hope he goes with a big influx of young players, like Chamberlain, Welbeck, Sturridge and gets rid of Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard etc....

I agree. I would actually get excited at the prospect of young players having a go with a view that we're shaping for Brazil. It's a shame Wilshire is injured and wont be available. A good, young 11:

Hart

Cole
Lescott
Cahill
Richards/Jones

Chamberlain
Wilshire
Milner
Young

Sturridge
Rooney

Lots of pace, a good strong and technical midfield, solid defence.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] are spot on.

And I would LOVE it if Hodgson picked a really young team for the Euros and announced he was building for the World Cup in Brazil. Of the old guard, I'd be happy with him taking Lampard (hugely overrated but commendable work ethic) and Cole (twat, but one of the best left backs in the world) but NOT John f***ing Terry. Please Woy, for the love of God, just bin this cretinous overrated liability.

Hodgson is a good person, I hope he wouldnt put up with Terry for one moment.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Agree with Ernest and Hans (and Simster). We need a new broom. No-one should be guaranteed a place. Let them show they want to be part of it. Playing for your country is a privilege not a right.

Thank f*** we have not got Rednapp - and his supporters in the press can piss off.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree. I would actually get excited at the prospect of young players having a go with a view that we're shaping for Brazil. It's a shame Wilshire is injured and wont be available. A good, young 11:

Hart

Cole
Lescott
Cahill
Richards/Jones

Chamberlain
Wilshire
Milner
Young

Sturridge
Rooney

Walker at Right Back

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
That isn't what I said. If things are not working, then of course you can review the situation. But to take on a new manager and say - the job is yours for two years, is absolutely the wrong approach.

Even more so for England at this particular point in time, with the new academy, etc about to come on line. Now is the time to build some proper foundations for the future of the national side.

I agree, four years is the right term for any international manager in Europe. The Euro's, in my opinion, should be about preparing for the World Cup. However, it sounded like you were saying that you cannot achieve success in a short term, which we know is just not true.

I really hope he does well, and that people on his back are eating their words.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Agree with Ernest and Hans (and Simster). We need a new broom. No-one should be guaranteed a place. Let them show they want to be part of it. Playing for your country is a privilege not a right.

Thank f*** we have not got Rednapp - and his supporters in the press can piss off.

Its only the press that wanted him really.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Hart

Cole
Lescott
Cahill
Richards/Jones

Chamberlain
Wilshire
Milner
Young

Sturridge
Rooney

Thats the sort of side everyone wants to see, although it needs a bit of stiffening in the middle. Probably sit Barry in there, and play 4-3-3 with Young and AOC supporting the lone striker (Zamora as Rooney is banned).

the right back would be Richards / Walker (rather than Jones) for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here