Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA approach hodgson westbrom give permission to talk!!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've posted this before Re Redknapp - but you have to question if asking Rooney to 'Run about a bit' would reward us with anything other than W0 D0 L3 at Euro 2012. The only trouble with Roy is that nobody it seems is behind him which is never a good place to start.

Redknapp brought Pavlyuchenko on at half-time and was rewarded with the winner - but refused to claim any of the credit for the Russian's crucial intervention.

"Roman has got an interpreter. I just said to him at half-time 'just run about'. That's the truth," he said.

"I can't claim to be tactically cleverer than that. That's all I said to him. To put himself about a bit. If he could. Please."

Spurs boss Redknapp: I told Pavlyuchenko to run about a bit | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'm all for Woy, I think he'll surprise a few people and do a good job as long as he doesn't own a f***ing umbrella!!!... The only sad thing for him though is that he's got a lot of overrated players with egos bigger than their ability to work with.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I've only skimmed this thread, but I don't know what all the fuss is about. Harry, but his own admission, is simple when it comes to tactics. He even said he doesn't get what all the fuss is about. And this is evident yet again this season when Spurs capitulated. He hasn't got the tactical awareness to win and see out games.

Roy is far more qualified than Harry. The prerequisite to getting this job seems to be that you're English. I cannot think of anyone [available] that is more qualified. Compare what he has won, who he has managed. I think, sadly, his style could suit the English side.

It's a shame he will not get a chance to prove himself as it seems he will be thrown right in at the deep end. I only hope the England boo boys don't get on his back right away.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Confirmed by the FA

TheFA.com - Roy Hodgson has been appointed England Manager

The Football Association is delighted to announce the appointment of Roy Hodgson as England Manager.

Joining from West Bromwich Albion, Hodgson has agreed a four year deal to become the full-time Manager of the Three Lions.

Hodgson, aged 64, who has won a total of eight league titles in a distinguished career, and coached the national teams of Switzerland, Finland and United Arab Emirates, met with FA officials at Wembley on Monday.

Having taken Switzerland to the FIFA World Cup™ in 1994 – their first Finals competition for 28 years – Hodgson also achieved a FIFA ranking of third in the world as well as successfully qualifying the team for Euro 96.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
4 year deal for Woy. Why can't the FA give out 2 year deals? Would be AMAZED if he's still there after 4 years. Feel sorry for him already!

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
It's funny how when everyone thought that Harry was going to get the job all the English players offered their support on Twitter. When it was clear Roy was the favourite, not a peep...

Seems he doesn't have the players support from the off, including the Liverpool players.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Well if the likes of Rooney and Ferdinand don't want to play for their country then don't pick them and pick those who still consider it an honour and privelige to represent their country.

Out of all the English candidates available then Hodgson is the best qualified and might actually do a decent job if he is allowed to.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well if the likes of Rooney and Ferdinand don't want to play for their country then don't pick them and pick those who still consider it an honour and privelige to represent their country.

Out of all the English candidates available then Hodgson is the best qualified and might actually do a decent job if he is allowed to.

Yup!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Exactly this.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have got no problem with Woy the Boy..... He would not have been my choice though.

However I think the players will have a problem....... :-(

A 4 yr deal is also pretty staggering..... 2 would have been plenty.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have got no problem with Woy the Boy..... He would not have been my choice though.

Then don't pick them. There will be plenty who are grown up enough, to buckle down and show him the respect he deserves.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

You mean certain Billy Big Bollocks under achieving believing their own self publicity tossers ? I'm sure there are enough decent players out there who will welcome the chance to play for their country and give Hodgson 150%.

Maybe if Rooney and co went there and listened they might actually learn something and become better players ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Then don't pick them. There will be plenty who are grown up enough, to buckle down and show him the respect he deserves.

How long will he actually last if he does not pick Rooney and we fail to qualify.... be a goner in no time.

Id be staggered if he lasts a year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here