FA approach hodgson westbrom give permission to talk!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh. Italy are beatable. Spain are too, but only if England are at their absolute best.

Well I played Euro 2012 on FIFA last night, got through the group (just about, scraped a 2-2 against Ukraine after beating France and drawing with Sweden) and Italy destroyed me in the quarters, Balotelli was unplayable.

Read into that what you will. I had it on a very hard setting though.

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
The only people that wanted Harry were 'casual' football fans I thought. Plastic football fans if you like. Most of the people I know, INCLUDING EnglandFans that follow the team all over the world, wanted Hodgson. Comparing Hodgson to Steve McClaren proves to me all I need to know about your insight into football.

I compare in that press and pundits have declared "we" want an English manager after it was decided Sven and Fabio were "foreign failures." I want the best man available and that is not Hodgson imo. His recored at big sides is not good. His style of football is suited to teams who are the underdog, that will never be England. Liverpool players have said he failed to build relationships with the big name players and didn't know how to handle them and the pressure. It might be a one off but I dont see us being a better side at the Euros or in the future. As with McClaren, when I wanted Israel to beat us, I hope we dont get out the group and he goes asap.

Fundamentally the problem remains with the FA. They know nothing about football, as they prove over and over again with their appointments of managers. They only one I was really happy with over the past 20 years was Venables. Thats my insight into football. Where did he get us? Hodgson is another mistake. I doubt we will get out the group this summer and fear us not qualifying for the World Cup.

PS Just because people follow a team all around the world doesn't mean they know anything about football. Nearly all the people around me in Lower West are clueless and so bias

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I compare in that press and pundits have declared "we" want an English manager after it was decided Sven and Fabio were "foreign failures." I want the best man available and that is not Hodgson imo. His recored at big sides is not good. His style of football is suited to teams who are the underdog, that will never be England. Liverpool players have said he failed to build relationships with the big name players and didn't know how to handle them and the pressure. It might be a one off but I dont see us being a better side at the Euros or in the future. As with McClaren, when I wanted Israel to beat us, I hope we dont get out the group and he goes asap.

Fundamentally the problem remains with the FA. They know nothing about football, as they prove over and over again with their appointments of managers. They only one I was really happy with over the past 20 years was Venables. Thats my insight into football. Where did he get us? Hodgson is another mistake. I doubt we will get out the group this summer and fear us not qualifying for the World Cup.

PS Just because people follow a team all around the world doesn't mean they know anything about football. Nearly all the people around me in Lower West are clueless and so bias

You haven't made a single positive to suggestion as to what/who you WOULD want.

Roy seems the most sensible long term appointment to me.

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
I would have wanted Harry for the Euros. I think we need someone to motivate the players and to play attacking football. If you see that in Hodgson then good luck. Aside from that I would have gone foreign again, gone balls out for someone. Who I dont know. I didn't research too hard as what is the point? I knew the FA would make the wrong decision so why waste my time on something I have no involvement in. And imo, thats what football is all about, they have made the wrong decision. Sensible is not the way forward. What makes him sensible anyway?

I obviously hope I am really wrong as I do support England with passion, though that passion isn't the same as it used to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports