Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lewis proving that he is the greatest with an emphatic win in terrible conditions, and from starting sixth on the grid too.

A real class reaction from Vettel as well. Lewis's peers know how good he is. Bottas had a shocker when under pressure to deliver, and got lapped by Lewis.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lewis proving that he is the greatest with an emphatic win in terrible conditions, and from starting sixth on the grid too.

A real class reaction from Vettel as well. Lewis's peers know how good he is. Bottas had a shocker when under pressure to deliver, and got lapped by Lewis.

The accolades Vettel gave him at the end were great credit to him, but also a great insight into what the drivers know. A 4 time world champion knew what Lewis had done in that race but also historically. I thought it was quite touching his congratulations to Hamilton who was clearly emotional in his car.

I’m not expert but I’ve watched a good 30+ years of F1 and what LH did in that race today was one of the truly exceptional performances. There were plenty of faster cars out there today, but somehow he finished 30 secs ahead of the entire field. He judged what pit stops he did or didn’t need through feel and instinct. I’m a big fan but left gobsmacked how good he was today. Some top top drivers spinning, locking up, but he just nailed lap after lap, incredible. We are in the midst of a true genius.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The accolades Vettel gave him at the end were great credit to him, but also a great insight into what the drivers know. A 4 time world champion knew what Lewis had done in that race but also historically. I thought it was quite touching his congratulations to Hamilton who was clearly emotional in his car.

I’m not expert but I’ve watched a good 30+ years of F1 and what LH did in that race today was one of the truly exceptional performances. There were plenty of faster cars out there today, but somehow he finished 30 secs ahead of the entire field. He judged what pit stops he did or didn’t need through feel and instinct. I’m a big fan but left gobsmacked how good he was today. Some top top drivers spinning, locking up, but he just nailed lap after lap, incredible. We are in the midst of a true genius.

It was such a good race to watch. The combination of virgin asphalt & water made it a real treat.

But the best bit was the changing around of the ‘fastest car’ tag. At the beginning of the race, the Racing Points were peerless, but as the track dried, they slowed down.

Next up was Red Bull followed by the Ferraris with a late resurgence from the McLarens.

The Mercedes was a pig for Bottas for most of the race but Hamilton managed to find a competitive situation once he’d worn down the groves in the tyres. Once he was in the lead, you just knew that no one could catch him.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sometimes the faster cars are the hardest to drive. A great race. And some great drivers. Also showed up a few not so great.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Agree with all of that. Lewis's drive was one of the all-time great drives, and I've been watching for 40-odd years.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A masterclass from Hamilton today, got tactics spot on. Good call on not taking the pit stop with 2 laps to go.

Races in wet conditions are always compelling, if only all races could be this exciting

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Haas look as though they’re going with 2 rookies for 2021 which would seem nuts if Perez is available. But like you say hard to believe a top team isn’t looking seriously at him.

Yes, I agree with you. Am excited to see Schumacher join F1, Mazepin not so much who has never been overly convincing in F2. Possibly a sign of how competitive Haas expect to be next year? Just struggle through to the new regs in 22 and go from there.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yes, I agree with you. Am excited to see Schumacher join F1, Mazepin not so much who has never been overly convincing in F2. Possibly a sign of how competitive Haas expect to be next year? Just struggle through to the new regs in 22 and go from there.

I think that's the plan yeah, give Schumacher and Mazapin a year to bed in ahead of the new regs. Lets face it they cant be any worse than Grosjean.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Incredible wasn’t it? LH had the supreme confidence and unrivalled ability to drive in the wet on, in effect, slicks. Whilst all bar Perez, nervously changed to further set of intermediates. C4 made a great remark that LH uniquely lets the 58 laps come to him, whilst everyone else battles the conditions and impatiently try unwise moves. ‘In the zone” was never more apt.

Unlike his early impetuous years (Verstappen now), LH doesn’t seem to get involved too often in the media fights and bitching with other drivers. Early career battles with Alonso, Button and Vettel, now a distant memory. He’s so exceptionally good, that the pack don’t try silly mind games with him, the last person to try was Vettel who came out with cringeworthy “I can be a tough guy” nonsense about three or four years ago.

Hamilton is better than ever, he kind of touched on that yesterday.

We’re so lucky to have him. I absorb these time, we may well never see such sustained brilliance again.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Congratulations to LH. No one looked like challenging at any point this season but it’s another one on the board.

So- seats left to be confirmed for next season-

Mercedes x1 (Hamilton TBC)
Red Bull x1
Alpha Tauri x1
Haas x2

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Horrendous crash for Grosjean and car exploding in flames.

Thank **** he’s OK, that made me feel sick

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Horrendous crash, thank goodness Grosjean survived that.

Race stopped

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
F in hell, that was horrible to see. He’s very lucky to get out of that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dreadful bit of driving from Grosjean(I think], lucky man

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
His car is in three pieces and has melted the metal crash barrier.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Watched that with my boy. Absolutely horrifically scary. No idea how he’s survived that but thank Christ he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
****ing hell that was horrific. Not seen anything like that for a long. long time. How he's got out of that is a miracle. Or a testament to all the safety work that has been done over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here