[Other Sport] F1 2020

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I’m sitting here in genuine shock and disbelief at what I’ve just seen, how has he got out of that alive, my first instinct when I saw that was utter dread.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sickening, it certainly looks like the halo crash structure has saved his life.

65E8A6EC-A470-4AE2-871F-0574D4BDB847.jpeg

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I’m sitting here in genuine shock and disbelief at what I’ve just seen, how has he got out of that alive, my first instinct when I saw that was utter dread.

Just seen it, bloody hell, I was so relieved to see the guy looking shocked but fine. I started to feeling tears welling thinking the worst had just happened.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Suggestions on commentary was halo saved his life

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've no idea how he's survived that. A long time since there has been an accident that big in F1 and it's a testament to the safety features of the cars and the protective clothing they wear (as well as the actions by the doctor and driver in the medical car) that Grosjean has pretty much walked away from that with relatively minor injuries.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Halo absolutely saved his life, almost looks like the halo has taken the brunt of the barrier impact.

3F397224-9CF3-4179-8077-0B832B4DFB9D.jpeg

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I am absolutely amazed he has managed to walk away from that. 140mph into a crash barrier, on fire and walks away with minor burns and possible broken ribs?

Reminded me again how Lewis just drives around in a circle and doesn't deserve a knighthood.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bit premature, could've been mechanical failure that caused him to veer across.

However, looking at the car, agree with you that he is a very lucky man.

Hence, the “I think”

Anyway, main thing is that he survived, I thought he was dead when it happened

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Back in the day he would have got in the spare car and completed the race. Tsk.

On a serious note, he might want to invest in the Bahrain lottery tonight. He is a very lucky boy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Back in the day he would have got in the spare car and completed the race. Tsk.

On a serious note, he might want to invest in the Bahrain lottery tonight. He is a very lucky boy.

He’s been lucky to have a seat in F1 for as long as he’s had. He’s been the cause of so many accidents. Glad he’s okay of course, but he’s been a disaster waiting to happen, sometimes his defensive driving is shocking.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
One lap after the restart and Stroll gets flipped over and is lying upside down on the track. Someone cursed this race.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The doctor in the medical car is having a busy day that’s for sure

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The Senna accident that took his life didn't look as bad as that. I guess he was just unlucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports