Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F***ing pissed off

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
f***ing pissed off

Our incompetent government here has managed to lie, cheat and embezzle its way to an increase majority, and have won back two seats in my area. I think I need to go get very drunk and abuse some election posters. Thats all. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
apple.JPG

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
You obviously never grew up in the eighties when the Tories destroyed the country. Maggie Thatcher should have been hanged for what she did to British Industry.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
John Byrnes Mullet said:
You obviously never grew up in the eighties when the Tories destroyed the country. Maggie Thatcher should have been hanged for what she did to British Industry.

I'm not in the UK! Irish election was today.

In the 80s we had Charles Haughey stealing money from the public (proven: he's legally recorded as Corrupt) and destroying the country...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
John Byrnes Mullet said:

Another one who was just a child when it was happening. Don't believe all you read and others tell you.
:rolleyes:

Yorkie said:
Another one who was just a child when it was happening. Don't believe all you read and others tell you.

Hmm, he was born in '71.
So 12 when Maggie 'won back' the Falklands and 17/18 when Hezza closed the pits.
Old enough to remember I'd say?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
captainmorganrum said:
Hmm, he was born in '71.
So 12 when Maggie 'won back' the Falklands and 17/18 when Hezza closed the pits.
Old enough to remember I'd say?

No not really. I can vaguely remember stuff about Harold Macmillan at that age but I couldn't have held a full scale political debate about it.
I was living in Yorkshire amongst miners and knew quite a bit about what was going on. My son was born in late 1970, so I am aware of what someone of that age can remember.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Yorkie said:
No not really. I can vaguely remember stuff about Harold Macmillan at that age but I couldn't have held a full scale political debate about it.
I was living in Yorkshire amongst miners and knew quite a bit about what was going on. My son was born in late 1970, so I am aware of what someone of that age can remember.

so everyone is the same then?

you do talk a load of tosh!:shootself

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Yorkie said:
i'm old enough yorks

and i REALLY remember and hate her :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yorkie said:

Full scale political debate.................. on here on a friday night with a woman from Yorkshire.

Go and put the kettle on love and stop being silly.

Banned
Dec 8, 2005
Location Location
Re: f***ing pissed off

MYOB said:
Our incompetent government here has managed to lie, cheat and embezzle its way to an increase majority, and have won back two seats in my area. I think I need to go get very drunk and abuse some election posters. Thats all. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:lolol: :lolol:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Yorkie said:

I certainly wasn't a child when the Grocer's Daughter was elected and I detested the woman and the damage she did to this country! However, you don't have to be my age to have experienced the Thatcher Years since they seemed interminable.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Yorkie said:

Oh yes you should Yorkie in this case he is absolutely right, Thatcher destroyed this country.

Oh, and by the way, i am 49.

Yorkie said:

Just because people of our age group may have been children in the 80's it doesn't mean that we can't read histoty books on what went on then!

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I remember all the terrible things that Thatcher did even though I was a young age.
In fact, all the Conservative cabinet should have been hung for what they did to the miners, rail industry, car industry the list is endless. But the miners was unforgetable.
Blair has not been perfect but you can't please everyone. He was a twat getting involved in Iraq, but just look at the regeneration of Brighton since Labour came back in power. All the town needs is a Football Stadium....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here