"Exciting" non-transfer news at 5PM - CHELSEA friendly Sat 4th August (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DanielT

18000 capacity with away fans being seated in the WSU

From the Seagull's website:

Albion have added a mouth-watering additional fixture to their pre-season schedule, with European Champions and FA Cup winners Chelsea visiting the American Express Community Stadium on Saturday 4th August.

Gus Poyet will go head-to-head with his former Blues team-mate and close pal Roberto Di Matteo, who recently signed a two-year deal at Stamford Bridge in the wake of their Champions League success.

Capacity at the Amex will be limited to 18,000 due to the expansion works, and this will also mean visiting supporters will be housed in the West Stand upper tier. Ticket details will be announced in due course.

Poyet, who played more than 100 times for Chelsea between 1997 and 2001, explained, "It's important that our pre-season campaign is as tough as possible. So when the opportunity arose, I wanted to take the chance to test ourselves against one of the best teams in England and Europe.

"Facing the European Champions will be excellent preparation for the team ahead of the new season, and despite the limited capacity at the Amex, I am sure that our supporters will be very excited by the prospect."

Albion have already committed to a fixture at Dagenham & Redbridge on the same day, and will also send a team to Victoria Road to face the Daggers that afternoon.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Maybe first dibs on tickets to existing STH rather than new STH?
#startsbinfest

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
people who have had a season ticket for 2 years + some cup or away games?

No. People who have a season ticket and want to go. Thousands will be on holiday, thousands wont bother with friendlies. Everyone calm down.

Every STH who wants to go and is capable of using a computer, will be able to.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I, like many others I know, have no interest whatsoever in friendly fixtures. Getting a ticket will not be a problem for those that want one.

Dr_Pepper

Oct 2, 2010
South England
Should be able to get a ticket unless Chelsea do it for Loyalty Points then I'm nut sure. Although being a friendly I can't see them doing loyalty points for STH.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Curious, I have just been told the same thing by a relation of the Blooms.

Hang on, why has this slipped under everybody's radar? If true it is FAR bigger news than a friendly against Chelsea.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Should be able to get a ticket unless Chelsea do it for Loyalty Points then I'm nut sure. Although being a friendly I can't see them doing loyalty points for STH.

But how will you have 23,000 STHs when theres less than 18,000 seats (will be an away allocation of course) ? Yes its a friendly, but you can imagine the non-friendly people may even turn up for this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports