"Exciting" non-transfer news at 5PM - CHELSEA friendly Sat 4th August (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
This will mean a binfest of epic proportions of course - a binfest to eclipse all other binfests - and i have a certain seat/spot for it !!!

Now for my boss to tell me im working.....

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I wonder if all the new seats will be in place by then. I thought the reason for wanting an away game to open the season was to give us a chance to finish the work.

Capacity limited to 18,000 according to the club site. Chelsea fans will be in the Upper West ...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Blue is the colour, football is the game i'm away on holiday what a f&%king pain :-(

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Albion have added a mouth-watering additional fixture to their pre-season schedule, with European Champions and FA Cup winners Chelsea visiting the American Express Community Stadium on Saturday 4th August.

Gus Poyet will go head-to-head with his former Blues team-mate and close pal Roberto Di Matteo, who recently signed a two-year deal at Stamford Bridge in the wake of their Champions League success.

Capacity at the Amex will be limited to 18,000 due to the expansion works, and this will also mean visiting supporters will be housed in the West Stand upper tier. Ticket details will be announced in due course.

Poyet, who played more than 100 times for Chelsea between 1997 and 2001, explained, "It's important that our pre-season campaign is as tough as possible. So when the opportunity arose, I wanted to take the chance to test ourselves against one of the best teams in England and Europe.

"Facing the European Champions will be excellent preparation for the team ahead of the new season, and despite the limited capacity at the Amex, I am sure that our supporters will be very excited by the prospect."

Albion have already committed to a fixture at Dagenham & Redbridge on the same day, and will also send a team to Victoria Road to face the Daggers that afternoon.

f*** that.

Listen up ,you dirty rats. I know this guy, works at the soccerball stadium, keeps his ear to the wall, nice and tight so no bullshit can get in. Anyway, I saw him today and he gets to telling me some information, something big, something that`ll blow your socks off. Now I`m telling you wiseguys this in private so ya better keep schtum or you`ll be swimming with the fishes,see. VICENTE IS f***ing STAYING AND HE SIGNED TODAY!!!!! Now keep it quiet you schweppes..........I mean you schmucks!!

Curious, I have just been told the same thing by a relation of the Blooms.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Given that if you only go to one pre-season game it'll be this one, this news while excellent does piss all over Michel Kuipers chips.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Friendly with Dagenham and Redbridge will still go ahead, just with a dev squad instead - bet they are happy with that, bit unfair on them but i couldnt actually care !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports