Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton agree £30m for Yannick Bolasie

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Hypocrisy?

You do realise that there is something of a difference between the dubiously obtained wealth of a Russian oligarch being pumped into a single club and that obtained by all premier teams through legitimate TV deals?

It's the legitimate TV deals that helped bring in the dubiously obtained wealth of Russian oligarch being pumped into a single clubs. They saw the profit, they entered the market, as such; sky can continue its "transfer total spend" and highlight how incredible it is clubs spend x on said player.

Palace fans very happy to soak up the riches, contribute to the problem and deflect any criticism. Hitherto, hypocrites.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It's the legitimate TV deals that helped bring in the dubiously obtained wealth of Russian oligarch being pumped into a single clubs. They saw the profit, they entered the market, as such; sky can continue its "transfer total spend" and highlight how incredible it is clubs spend x on said player.

Palace fans very happy to soak up the riches, contribute to the problem and deflect any criticism. Hitherto, hypocrites.

Do the Palace fans think Dancer and Blitzen, sorry I meant Harris and Blitzer where just giving Palace a £100 million Christmas present, as they have been long term fans who love the Sh*thurst Park, or just joining the ever increasing foreign owners who see our clubs as a way into this large pot of gold?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

Are you seriously suggesting that multi billionaire Abramovich bought chelsea because he had seen the profits to be had from tv revenues in 2003? The same bloke who said "I’m looking at it as something to have fun with rather than having to realize a return. I don’t look at this as a financial investment"

For the record I am in complete agreement that the amount of money being spunked on players by clubs in the Premier League is utterly obscene. And, yes, that includes Palace.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Do the Palace fans think Dancer and Blitzen, sorry I meant Harris and Blitzer where just giving Palace a £100 million Christmas present, as they have been long term fans who love the Sh*thurst Park, or just joining the ever increasing foreign owners who see our clubs as a way into this large pot of gold?

Well I'm not an idiot so what do you think?

I can see little, if any, positives coming from their investment other than an acceleration in the development of Selhurst. But at what cost?

One question for you if I may?

Do you really think that calling Harris and Blitzer, Dancer and Blitzen is actually funny? I mean ok the Blitzer to Blitzen works well enough but Harris to Dancer?

Really?:D

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Pardew said today that the deal isn't anywhere near done and he expects Bolasie to play on Saturday. He was very prickly about it and obviously doesn't want the sale to go ahead.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I can see little, if any, positives coming from their investment other than an acceleration in the development of Selhurst. But at what cost?

One question for you if I may?

Do you really think that calling Harris and Blitzer, Dancer and Blitzen is actually funny? I mean ok the Blitzer to Blitzen works well enough but Harris to Dancer?

Really?:D

Who is supposed to deliver Christmas presents, But hey ho ,I can see we have touched a nerve about Palace fans hypocrisy.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

I beg to differ, you appear to believe Abramovich invested in Chelsea for "fun", rather than recognising the potential in English football. Let's ignore the excuse to funnel Russian money into the UK through a "legit" business.

But you also seem to not quite understand why the premier league was created. But I suspect that's more your omission, rather than lack of understanding, because by admitting it defeats the point of your argument.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well nobody called Harris does. Or anyone who name rhymes with Harris does, or even anyone who'se name has any humorous link with the name Harris.

Jeez. Are you 12?

Yep ok if it makes you feel happier that my little jest fails, it does at least give you a chance to deflect from defending the legitimate TV deals as you called it and the hypocrisy of your fans marching through the streets with flares and banners, shouting how Palace fans hated Sky sports and it's TV deals. Different matter now when you are one of the beneficiaries of such deals.,

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Pardew said today that the deal isn't anywhere near done and he expects Bolasie to play on Saturday. He was very prickly about it and obviously doesn't want the sale to go ahead.

This is absolutely untrue.

"We've got nothing concrete to announce today, other than a lot of rumours. There's nothing that's going to happen before the weekend"
"Yannick is contracted here. He's a great player and a great person, I love him. We'll treat him with the utmost respect in any situation.
"Bolasie, and my conversations with him, will stay private."

He said nothing about whether Bolasie will play on Saturday.

Last edited:

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Perhaps the yanks are taking a slice of the cash as the first of many returns on their investment ? ???

:ffsparr:

The American investors are not able to take any money out of the club. The only way they will make any money is if they sell their 18% investments in five or ten years time for more than they paid. They have nothing to do with transfers either; their investment is entirely infrastructure based.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Yep ok if it makes you feel happier that my little jest fails, it does at least give you a chance to deflect from defending the legitimate TV deals as you called it and the hypocrisy of your fans marching through the streets with flares and banners, shouting how Palace fans hated Sky sports and it's TV deals. Different matter now when you are one of the beneficiaries of such deals.,

So 20/30 young fellas playing up represents CPFC ?
In their defence, they were the forerunners for the £20's plenty campaign, which most PL fans choose to ignore.
In my opinion, the money involved now is obscene, but me cancelling my sky subscription isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This is absolutely untrue.

"We've got nothing concrete to announce today, other than a lot of rumours. There's nothing that's going to happen before the weekend"
"Yannick is contracted here. He's a great player and a great person, I love him. We'll treat him with the utmost respect in any situation.
"Bolasie, and my conversations with him, will stay private."

He said nothing about whether Bolasie will play on Saturday.

Now you see, you're basing that on what he said while the Sky cameras were rolling. You have no knowledge of what he said after that. You have no frame of reference here, Donny. You’re like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie. And your local paper would appear to disagree.

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...everton-link/story-29609982-detail/story.html

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

I'm not looking to deflect from anything.

Which part of this post are you struggling to understand?

For the record I am in complete agreement that the amount of money being spunked on players by clubs in the Premier League is utterly obscene. And, yes, that includes Palace.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I beg to differ, you appear to believe Abramovich invested in Chelsea for "fun", rather than recognising the potential in English football. Let's ignore the excuse to funnel Russian money into the UK through a "legit" business.

But you also seem to not quite understand why the premier league was created. But I suspect that's more your omission, rather than lack of understanding, because by admitting it defeats the point of your argument.

Lol.

Where did I say that Abramovich invested in Chelsea for fun?

Here's a clue, I didn't.

Where did anyone mention why the Premier League was created?

Here's another clue, nobody did.

All I did was point out that there is a difference between the ill gotten gains of a Russian oligarch and the money forthcoming from tv deals. Anyone who feels they can argue against that point is utterly deluded.

Feel free to carry on arguing with yourself. :)

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
[/QUOTE]Which part of this post are you struggling to understand?[/QUOTE]
I suppose the part I am struggling with is the hypocrisy of your clubs fans and since Palace have become one of the beneficiaries of the pot of gold, there are no longer any foul mouthed Palace fans marching and demonstrating about Sky's control over football. When will we see banners hanging in the Holmesdale, when a Palace match is being televised on Sky TV, on the subject of stopping Premier Greed. Have you actually answered this part?

Attachments

• crystal-palace-holmesdale.jpg
    crystal-palace-holmesdale.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
This is a player Russell Slade wanted to sign for us when he was the manager back in 2009 and Bolasie was at Plymouth. The deal never happened probably because we were potless in those days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here