Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson: The making of Brighton forward who could develop into a £100m player

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An aging Danny Welbeck has been miles ahead of him. This really says a lot about his current performances.
Yep Welbz misses the goal closer to Ferguson's misses.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Semi-unrelated, but why do we struggle to develop that elusive forward from the youth team. When was the last one we brought through to the first team? We all got excited for Connolly, let's hope Ferguson doesn't go the same way.
Difficult to say how much we develop forwards or they just occur. Very few top top strikers have been produced in England in recent years. Luck has much to do with it. Gykores looks like he’s going to be big - we just took a poor decision on him. Maybe Ferguson will come good again - he’s only a kid and still developing physically and mentally. Although our model is to develop and sell, maybe at some stage we need to keep a few nuggets.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We won’t get offered north of £70m, or anything close, for Ferguson in the summer.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Tough decision. No doubt he's one of the best young strikers in the world, but the last three months would have many worried.

If we get offered £70m, realistically we may have to take it.
He most certainly isn't, and I would drive him wherever if we get that sum for him as another poster suggested.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He’ll bag one tomorrow. Nailed on.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
What he really needs is the opportunity to play in the team regularly, rather than the way he's been used for a while. Rotation for the sake of it is as big a problem as the injuries in my opinion at the moment.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
He's clearly struggling with his form, but all strikers have patches where things don't go for them. He's very young, and looks like he needs a confidence boost at the minute. His next goal will come soon and it will do him the world of good. As others have said decent strikers are hard to come by and in Evan we have one who is capable of being a top top centre forward

I'd be gutted if he left before we could see what his true potential is, unlike some of the other players that have left like Bissouma, Mac Allister and Trossard, where we were able to see them at close to the peak of their powers in an Albion shirt.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We are now playing for more than just survival at an elite level. Gone are the days of sticking with Maupay for 16 games without scoring.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
What he really needs is the opportunity to play in the team regularly, rather than the way he's been used for a while. Rotation for the sake of it is as big a problem as the injuries in my opinion at the moment.
He hasn't warranted starting regularly or taken any of his chances when he has.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don't think that's a fair criticism of RDZ regarding Ferguson. Between August and December he started pretty much every league game. He hasn't warranted a starting place since then though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We have to be patient. Ferguson is learning from a perfect role model in Welbeck, AND he will get game time with the Republic or Ireland. I think RDZ has been fair with him.

I think it will also help when Moran comes back in the summer and when O'Mahoney steps up to the senior squad as Evan will be leader of the Irish group.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We won’t get offered north of £70m, or anything close, for Ferguson in the summer.
Which is great news. Because it means he can concentrate on resting body and mind in the summer, then banging a few in in pre season, then firing us up the table next season

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We have to be patient. Ferguson is learning from a perfect role model in Welbeck, AND he will get game time with the Republic or Ireland. I think RDZ has been fair with him.

I think it will also help when Moran comes back in the summer and when O'Mahoney steps up to the senior squad as Evan will be leader of the Irish group.
I hope Moran is incorporated into the squad next season, but I don't think it's a given.

O'Mahoney you'd think will be loaned as well

Agree on the point about patience. I struggle to comprehend the stupidity of people writing a teenage striker off. That we're getting anything from him at that age is a total bonus

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
Us failing to get cover in the 9 position (CF) wore the young fella down earlier this season, so hope he will get his mojo back.
When Wellbeck was out injured, you could see he was playing within himself for the sake of the team. (carrying the responsibility, basically).
His all-round play/intelligence has improved this year, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here