Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson: The making of Brighton forward who could develop into a £100m player

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I wonder what RDZ thinks of Evan Ferguson and whether he fits his style of play? There was a match where he played well and scored - I don’t remember which match - but RDZ certainly played it down post match and basically said he needed to improve. Again just last week there was a quote from RDZ saying he can improve and he must improve to play quick football…or something similar, im sure someone will find the quotes. Maybe it’s a case of pushing him but both times it seemed quite negative to me.
He seems to do that with all the young players. And generally praises the older ones. If you listen to him Enciso has never had a good game without a serious caveat. I think its just how he manages a dressing room. Keep the kids on their toes in public and keep your senior generals appreciated and in the circle of trust.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
He seems to do that with all the young players. And generally praises the older ones. If you listen to him Enciso has never had a good game without a serious caveat. I think its just how he manages a dressing room. Keep the kids on their toes in public and keep your senior generals appreciated and in the circle of trust.
Yes, and keep the kids working hard and feet on the ground..."you haven't made it yet, sunny Jim". Good management.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
1 - Wal
2 - Hazel
3 - Chest (😆)
4 - Brazil
5 - Cashew
6 - Pistachio

Nuts would be a tough round on The Wheel of Steele in Buzz's Boot room.

In fact, I just played. GF went 10, I said 11, and she put me in. I came close but she said doughnut wasn't permissible so I failed. Pecan at the buzzer left me on 10 :(

Robbed.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Yes, and keep the kids working hard and feet on the ground..."you haven't made it yet, sunny Jim". Good management.
I'm sure he's already mentioned it in some interviews in the UK, but it's partly because of his own career as a player. He was a promising #10 in Milan's academy as a youngster, with a very sweet left foot, but he was the lazy/egocentric type and Milan had a strong squad at the time, so after the academy he went on loan to various lower-level clubs to his great frustration. He then made a tour of non-big clubs but he was always too injury-prone and not physically reliable enough to make a real difference. As per his own words he didn't have much fun as a player. He then finished his career in Romania where to be fair he managed to play in the Champions League and Europa League, and where he finally developed his decision to be a coach.

So he's basically trying to steer young players away from making his same mistakes. From what he's said in the past it seems like he maybe had a similar character to Enciso when he was young at Milan (with obvious differences in ability.)

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I'm sure he's already mentioned it in some interviews in the UK, but it's partly because of his own career as a player. He was a promising #10 in Milan's academy as a youngster, with a very sweet left foot, but he was the lazy/egocentric type and Milan had a strong squad at the time, so after the academy he went on loan to various lower-level clubs to his great frustration. He then made a tour of non-big clubs but he was always too injury-prone and not physically reliable enough to make a real difference. As per his own words he didn't have much fun as a player. He then finished his career in Romania where to be fair he managed to play in the Champions League and Europa League, and where he finally developed his decision to be a coach.

So he's basically trying to steer young players away from making his same mistakes. From what he's said in the past it seems like he maybe had a similar character to Enciso when he was young at Milan (with obvious differences in ability.)
Good background and a good reminder - thanks 👍

Jimmy Grimble

I think he might be the best finisher I’ve seen in a Brighton shirt.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I think he might be the best finisher I’ve seen in a Brighton shirt.
Yesterday’s goal was quality. He made it look easier than it was. He showed so much composure to take his time and pick his spot. And he’s only 19.

At 19 Murray was playing for Workington Reds, Zamora was with us in the third division and Ward was playing non-league with Burton Albion. Even Harry Kane hadn’t scored above Championship level.

Jimmy Grimble

Yeah, too young for Ward.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
always a sign of a good player to have a ‘trademark’ finish. with henry, it was the ability to be 1v1 with the keeper, open his body up and pass it into the far corner, with shearer, it was the sheer shot power, from any angle. with mbappe we seem him cut inside and then drag the ball back into the near post, catching the keeper off guard.

think evan is developing his own ‘trademark’ finish too. the way he can pick the ball up on the edge of the box, work himself half a yard of space, and place it into the far corner with minimal backlift and several defenders in front of him is a sight to behold. we will see him do that many, many times throughout his career

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here