Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson: The making of Brighton forward who could develop into a £100m player

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Interesting that his youth manager calls him a 'striker who can play as a playmaker'

That's the most remarkable thing about him. At 18 his ability to drop deep and link play is outstanding.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's going to be awful when all our players realise they want to play for a top 6 club.
Then they realise they are

IMG_1607.jpeg

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The other article as well on sky sports stating Man Utd and Spurs have earmarked him for summer 2024 and Man City potentially see him as a Harland replacement should he leave and Mourinho is a big admirer. Hopefully we can keep him longer than one full season.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I've got a mate who's a Brighton season ticket holder and he reckons he's shithouse

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The bloke is crap, terrible touch. All of his finishes have been lucky. He is slow, no idea what he is doing and I've heard he is a nightmare to manage on and off the pitch. Always in the pub. And likes a fag or 30 a day.

"Big" clubs should stay well clear.

Does that cover it?
I think you're getting your promising young Albion Irish strikers of the last few years muddled up.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Interesting that his youth manager calls him a 'striker who can play as a playmaker'

That's the most remarkable thing about him. At 18 his ability to drop deep and link play is outstanding.
As someone who doesn’t like Kane as an individual I find it hard to say this but Ferguson reminds me so much of Kane as a player - he is also equally as good as a playmaker as a number 9.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As someone who doesn’t like Kane as an individual I find it hard to say this but Ferguson reminds me so much of Kane as a player - he is also equally as good as a playmaker as a number 9.

Do you think Kane improved in recent years in his general play? My view is that he was an exceptional finisher from anywhere. Perhaps because of age/injuries, in the last two or three years for England/Spurs, he often seem to playing brilliant passes from the half way line in counter attacks. I don't think he consistently did that in years prior.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The graphic showing shots v goals is very interesting, as it shows Ferguson at the 'top' of the chart.

If you hover over the dots you see who each one relates to. The one on the right - a big outlier is Julio Enciso

View attachment 161233
That is very strange - bottom left is Bazunu - a goalkeeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here