• Undecided

Votes: 32 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm astonished that so many vote IN lol
Unless you believe we'll have a huge crash in jobs and believe the banker shite then you've been fooled.
I presume these are happy to have....

Those who vote in will make the biggest mistake in their lifetime and will look back in 10 years or so and say why did I do that.
That's just your point of view though.

After careful consideration, I reckon to leave would be a total calamity, but I'm not going to cast such a damning judgement on those who happen to disagree.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Historically, I've been pretty strongly in the "in" camp. I've moved to "undecided". Some hard thinking to do in the run up to the referendum.

Exactly the same for me, this country has always absorbed waves of immigration, but just can't assimilate and absorb the hundreds of thousands arriving every year. The fabric and nature of our country is changing, and no-one voted for it. In the EU we can't control our borders, it may come down to this for me. And I have always been pro-EU

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That's just your point of view though.

After careful consideration, I reckon to leave would be a total calamity, but I'm not going to cast such a damning judgement on those who happen to disagree.
Fair enough,but why?
We're restricted in the EU and have far bigger fish to deal with outside.
We've been part of the EU for how long and was we fine the hundreds of years before?
No way do we need to be part of this hideous EU and the trading will certainly continue as they would be facked without us.
The whole thing will crumble and it's been a disaster.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The nations arguably most comparable to Britain, being neither microstates nor ex-communist countries, are Iceland, Norway and Switzerland. All three prefer their current deal to ours: 60 per cent of Icelanders, 79 per cent of Norwegians and 82 per cent of Swiss oppose EU membership. Who can blame them? Norway and Switzerland are the wealthiest and second-wealthiest nations on Earth.

I'm not arguing that the UK could survive outside the EU, it most certainly would. But it's worth pointing out for those who complain about EU migration that all three of those countries offer rights of residence to EU citizens (Switzerland had a referendum denying rights of residence to non-EU citizens but that hasn't been enacted as it's against Swiss law).

As I said earlier, people can and should vote against EU membership but if your reason is to reduce immigration, you're going to be very disappointed

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There were more 'Outs' in the first hour than an Australian top order on a cloudy Trent Bridge morning.

I think folk will vote to stay. I can get with that.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm not arguing that the UK could survive outside the EU, it most certainly would. But it's worth pointing out for those who complain about EU migration that all three of those countries offer rights of residence to EU citizens (Switzerland had a referendum denying rights of residence to non-EU citizens but that hasn't been enacted as it's against Swiss law).

As I said earlier, people can and should vote against EU membership but if your reason is to reduce immigration, you're going to be very disappointed

I can see your points Gwylan, and for me it is not just the immigration issue. I believe that our export to import percentages mean that it favours others in the EU better than us, and i believe that these countries that export more to us than we do to them would not cease trading as it would disadvantage them.
I also believe that the EU is struggling and on many occasions we (admittedly with other prosperous EU nations) have to stump up billions more and put it into the bottomless pot. The 55million pound a day could build a very large hospital, or a small hospital and school EVERY day with that amount of money.
I am not keen on decisions that should be made in the UK (applies to other EU countries as well) being decided by a fairly unelected body in Brussels.
I also feel that this country is losing (and other countries as well) their identitiy, i suppose that will be seen as nationalistic, but i am sure that some other EU citizens feel the same.
Alarm bells rang for me when the EU flag was being foisted upon us, a EU superstate where we all work for the same massive employer perhaps?
I suppose i feel that each EU country has it's own unique ways and this relentless EU project has not taken this into account.
I have to say on many many decisions since this EU was formed (and the goalposts have been moved since it's conception) we have not been asked, which is why we are now seeing mistrust and itchy feet about our involvement.
Just my opinion though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The nations arguably most comparable to Britain, being neither microstates nor ex-communist countries, are Iceland, Norway and Switzerland

What an utterly ridiculous statement. Norway and Switzerland are relatively rich countries with small populations which don't have half the things the UK has to contend with.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What an utterly ridiculous statement. Norway and Switzerland are relatively rich countries with small populations which don't have half the things the UK has to contend with.

So you must agree that ramping up the population in the UK is not beneficial as the countries with "small populations" fair better, of course they " don't have half the things the UK has to contend with"......."utterly ridiculous statement", we shall see how the mighty Germany fare now eh.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But it's worth pointing out for those who complain about EU migration that all three of those countries offer rights of residence to EU citizens (Switzerland had a referendum denying rights of residence to non-EU citizens but that hasn't been enacted as it's against Swiss law).

The Swiss referendum on non EU citizens was years ago and is law,non EU citizens have to fall within certain criteria to obtain residency permits.
Are you confusing with the 2014 referendum that decided to limit immigration of EU citizens which as yet is not part of Swiss law

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So you must agree that ramping up the population in the UK is not beneficial as the countries with "small populations" fair better, of course they " don't have half the things the UK has to contend with"......."utterly ridiculous statement", we shall see how the mighty Germany fare now eh.

:facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Go and have a quick look at Norway and its economy on the internet machine. Then come back. Otherwise your statements just make you look stupid. I'm actually helping you out here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here