Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Interesting so may have impacted other family members. Probably not in his interests to disclose. But if he didn't disclose could it impact insurance payout?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

First Husty and now you. You don't comment on the emotional side of us losing a very good player and a very good player losing his career. Just the negative of whether he didn't disclose this. You don't even know whether he or his family members knew about the illness.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That’s really sad news, a fantastic player and one of the best midfield shooters at the club. The games where we had him, Caicedo and Biss in midfield last season were a joy to watch. I’m shocked but ultimately his health is of course far more important than football so a no brainier decision. Thanks for the memories Enock!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I like all of the Albion family are absolutely devastated for Enoc poor lad a fantastic young talent having said that it’s been identified and their appears to be treatments I can only hope he has a long and productive life ahead, the club has said they will provide any support they can and I have no doubt they will do so.

Thank you Enoc that goal last season against Liverpool will remain with me, good luck for the future why not join NSC and become one of the contributors

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Devastating news. Thanks for the memories and best of luck with whatever you do next, Enock!

With that enthusiasm and energy, I reckon he'd make a great youth coach. Hopefully, the club can help him on his journey whatever he decides to do.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
First Husty and now you. You don't comment on the emotional side of us losing a very good player and a very good player losing his career. Just the negative of whether he didn't disclose this. You don't even know whether he or his family members knew about the illness.

Excuse me? I did not in any way suggest he knew this and willingly kept it from us. Learn basic English comprehension.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I echo the vast majority of sentiments.

Terrible news for him professionally but he has the huge benefit of finding out about it before it endangered his life.

He's been a really positive and happy presence around the club as well as a player with great potential and some magnificent moments. If he wishes to it would be great to keep him at the club in some role. His infectious enthusiasm can only be a positive influence on those around him.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Desperately sad that Enock's dream of being a decent Premier League footballer is over. I hope he can stay in the game doing something like punditry, writing etc.

I hope has a long and happy life. Is it a similar thing to Fabrice Muamba or Marc-Vivien Foe, who died playing for Cameroon in the Confederations Cup, 2003? Instead of losing a player, we can gain an ambassador for Brighton And Hove Albion football club.

Best wishes for the future, Enock.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
What a terrible thing for the lad, especially so near to the start of his career. A mercy that it was spotted before something bad happened but still a heavy mental blow to lose his livelihood and life's to now at least work.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Awful news, he must be so upset at having his career taken away from him at such a young age.
A very talented footballer and lovely lad from what I've seen of him, I wish him all the best for the future.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Very sad news. Wishing him the best. His injury record over the last few seasons may have saved his life.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hard to take any positives from this but at least his combination of skill, hard graft and great attitude got him to a level where he had the very best medical support and this got spotted before any more damage was done.

Such a shame, feel so desperately sorry for him.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Very sad news but thank God it’s been found now - I always loved that he played with a smile and seemed really positive - that positivity will be needed now. As well as that Liverpool goal I loved the one at Arsenal where Moises played it back - brilliant finish and that surging run v Leicester returning the favour.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
FB3D298F-85EA-4CC9-ADF7-A6B0E01AD9D2.jpeg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Pure class from a man who must be gutted with this news. I thought his other message was spot on, too.

Would love to see him still involved at the Albion in some capacity, although I'd understand if he wanted to step away from football for a while, given what life has taken away from him. Such a shame for him, but thank God it got picked up sooner rather than later...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Interesting so may have impacted other family members. Probably not in his interests to disclose. But if he didn't disclose could it impact insurance payout?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I have a congenital heart condition, the first anybody in my extended family knew of it was when I had a near fatal cardiac arrest in my sleep. Since then, investigations have found a number of family members suffer from the same problem and, 2 of my uncle’s probably have died from it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here