[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The messages that he has put out today shows what a brilliant young man he is and what a loss he will be to the Albion, his country and the game.

If it means, however, that he can go on to have a long and happy life with his family and friends, there is a big positive in all this. I am sure that he will make a huge success of whatever he decides to do now. Keep safe and good luck Enock and thanks for the memories, even if they are far too few :albion2:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
A genuine entertainer on his day, capable of those world class moments out of nothing ... I’ll /we’ll miss him a great deal.

Like others have said, I’m relieved this has been identified and that Enock has avoided a tragedy on the football pitch... I’m sure, given where he’s from, he recognises that no matter how difficult this is to accept he’s been fortunate that he had access to such rigorous medical procedures and expert opinion... I wish him peace and wellness as he recovers from this and looks beyond it to the next chapter :)

Finally, well done to our club for exploring all the possible reasons for any concern, once again I’m proud of the club I support.

All the best Enock.

Last edited:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Only wish to look at the bright side to this , sadly years ago this would have ended in tragedy , but with modern screening methods thankfully it was discovered in time .
So sorry Enock`s football dream was short lived , as others have said , hopefully he will find a different role in the game .

Thanks Enock , enjoy a long long life with your family .

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Someone who I greatly enjoyed watching and was turning into a pivotal player. Really sorry for him. Horrible news. I also hope the club give him an opportunity in some capacity.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Loss to the club and he was a key player for the squad. Its such a shame for him and I hope he finds a passion in something else maybe will over time be involved in th egame coaching or advising in some capacity. All the very best Enock and thanks for the entertainment you provided. Class.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So sad for him. To be robbed of his job and no doubt his passion.

What a talent he had. Will miss his contribution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Excuse me? I did not in any way suggest he knew this and willingly kept it from us. Learn basic English comprehension.

Apologies, I know you didn't but I did point you out as you looked purely at a negative aspect, as did Dwayn. No mention of sympathies for him.

Poor form from both of you.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
My favourite players have always been the types that you know are giving of their best whatever the circumstances and Enock was most certainly one of that number. The fact that he did it with a smile on his face and with obvious enjoyment just made it even better. It must be so hard for him coming to terms with this bad news but we know our club and can be certain they will do all they can to help him. I just want him to know that i thank him for his involvement with my beloved Albion and that it was a privilege to share in his journey albeit not for as long as we both would have wished for.
All the very best Enock and i wish you success in whatever you choose to do, please keep smiling
DTH

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Thanks Enock we have some fantastic memories of your playing. I am sure you have some great memories as well, all the best for the future, good guy!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Aside from his footballing ability I enjoy his enthusiasm and childlike joy for life. When he arrived at Heathrow his social media showed a photo of him in front of a wlecome to Heathrow sign with a huge grin and a thumbs-up. And his post-Liverpool goal interview when he said he had dreamed of scoring at Anfield. He seemed to love what he did, never took it for granted, and I like that.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Enock

1.jpg

Enock with mother Emmalle and father Robby

3.jpg

U17 Africa Cup qualifiers with Patson Daka

4.jpg

2017 U20 Africa Cup of Nations. Zambia winners. Mwepu MOM.

5.jpg

Training with NAPSA Stars

6.jpg

Celebrating with Erling Haaland at RB Salzburg

7.jpg

Champions!

8.jpg

Enock and Matilda, married 2nd January 2021.

9.jpg

Keep smiling, Enock. You'll always be one of us.

:bhasign:

10.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I have a congenital heart condition, the first anybody in my extended family knew of it was when I had a near fatal cardiac arrest in my sleep. Since then, investigations have found a number of family members suffer from the same problem and, 2 of my uncle’s probably have died from it.

Serious question, does knowing about this help you and your family avoid further cardiac arrests?

Not sure I'd want to know I had a ticking time bomb in my body, how do you guys cope with that?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Something in my eye having seen those photos [MENTION=325]hart's shirt[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Firstly, what a shocking piece of news. The main thing being Mweps is well and this has been flagged before anything more serious happened. Poor guy. At least, even for a short time, he lived the dream. Plenty of opportunities in the game for him. All the best Mweps.

Secondly, what a massive blow for Albion. One of my fav players. So effective on his day and at times unplayable. Pace, power, technique. Genuinely gutted we won’t see him play again. Hope we can keep him around the place so he can rub off on others…maybe some coaching. Teach some of our u23s how to slap the ball in to the net on the half volley.

Best memories in a fleeting Albion career, obviously Arsenal away, Liverpool screamer but my fav was the assist for Mac at Everton. Such a class player.

https://youtu.be/0FJ6ZH6AXXs

You see how sublime the touch was from the angle at ~1:28

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Awful news, football aside hopefully he can sort his health out live a full life.

Footballwise it's a real shame as it looked like he was just starting to find regular form and become a huge player for us, such as Trossard, Biss (yes he's left now), Caicedo, Ali Mac etc. all have, it felt like it was his time.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Enock

View attachment 152687

Enock with mother Emmalle and father Robby

View attachment 152688

U17 Africa Cup qualifiers with Patson Daka

View attachment 152689

2017 U20 Africa Cup of Nations. Zambia winners. Mwepu MOM.

View attachment 152690

Training with NAPSA Stars

View attachment 152691

Celebrating with Erling Haaland at RB Salzburg

View attachment 152692

Champions!

View attachment 152693

Enock and Matilda, married 2nd January 2021.

View attachment 152694

Keep smiling, Enock. You'll always be one of us.

:bhasign:

View attachment 152695

2017 U20 Africa Cup of Nations. Zambia winners. Mwepu MOM. ... I own that Zambia shirt, wore it to training last week ... randomly found it in a charity shop... it always draws attention, because it’s obscure and cool :) I liked having a Zambian international... :(

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Serious question, does knowing about this help you and your family avoid further cardiac arrests?

Not sure I'd want to know I had a ticking time bomb in my body, how do you guys cope with that?

I think they can fit you with an implanted defibrillator. It'll monitor your heartbeat and shock you back to life if it stops (in theory).

My sister-in-law has one. Not for a congenital condition, but just for having a dodgy heart after a bad infection. AFAIK, she hasn't had it go off on her...yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports