[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Bloody hell, that must be really gutting, was a really promising talent, couldn't believe NSC when it said 'retired' :(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just shed a few tears.

If it is any consolation (and I think it is), he now has the luxury of life, enjoying his family, and new adventures, and not the sudden cardiac death that would likely have occurred had this not been picked up.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A dream ended, just so sad. Feel for him, wish him all the best.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
That’s terrible news but hopefully it means a long happy life for him and his family. Scary stuff.

One positive amongst the very many negatives is his last performance for us was such a positive one for him, driving forward for a lovely assist. He certainly leaves us on a high.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Devastating news for Enock, the club and the fans.

But it has to be the right decision. Here's hoping he can go on to lead a full life.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Absolutely devastating for player and club. He is a really positive force for Albion and it would be great if he can be employed here in some capacity!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thanks for the memories, Computer; very sorry your career has ended this way. Good luck in your future endeavours.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Awful news. Best wishes to the lad for whatever comes next for him.

It's been a bad couple of months for Brighton - first we lost Cucu (and most of us didn't seen that coming, not when it did anyway), then Potter (ditto) and the whole coaching team. Now we've lost Enock too - and he was looking like a really good addition to the squad. After being right on the crest of the wave after that Leicester game we've taken some real body blows.
I know we've got succession planning in place (but probably not for Enock) - maybe I'll cheer up after a few good results and if some the Albion players have a brilliant world cup, but right now, this morning, my Albion mojo is far, far lower than it should be, bearing in mind where we are in the league.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Shocking news. Feel so sad and sorry for him. Hopefully the club takes good care of him whilst he considers his future. (And hopefully someone points this thread out to him so he can read the love and best wishes from the fans)

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
This is very sad.

As someone else has said, hopefully we can support him to make the transition to his next career path, be it coaching or whatever

Maybe they could organise a testimonial during the World Cup break. Current Albion v Albion All Stars

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
damn. that's absolutely awful. not least because you could see he was a very talented player. I hope if he does want to remain involved in football in some way then the club can make it happen

EDIT: just read his statement and he does so I hope that's here with us. but as others have said, main outcome is positive as this has probably helped avoid the unthinkable

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Utterly dreadful news. But, as many others have rightly said, they found it now so he can go and have a long and, hopefully, happy life. I suspect that the club will look after him in some capacity - that seems to be the supportive and caring culture that TB and co have engendered (and always makes me feel even more love for BHAFC).

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Dreadful news for the lad. From a practical standpoint, I wonder what happens now with his contract? Obviously, our club doesn't cheat anyone so there's no concern he won't be properly looked after, but I wonder what the practicalities are now. It's a nightmare for Enock, and for us as a club to lose such a good young player who was going to get better and better and play a key role for us - as secondary as all that side of it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports