Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v USA (tonight)

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Congrats gents, England are a very good team. We played well also, and I think both of us will have a great shot at winning the WC next year.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Offside is offside though!.

I wish people would stop saying this. It really isn’t. They don’t have the technology to say when the ball has been kicked, thus Maint the line drawing only semi accurate. For close decisions like that offside might not be offside and therefore the benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacker (as it used to be!).

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I wish people would stop saying this. It really isn’t. They don’t have the technology to say when the ball has been kicked, thus Maint the line drawing only semi accurate. For close decisions like that offside might not be offside and therefore the benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacker (as it used to be!).

It’s offside by the current rules we all play by and gives infinity better decisions than a linesman looking in all directions at things.

Either we use it or go back to the old days on offsides when we had some obvious and dreadful decisions.

Plus what we see on TV isn’t everything they have in the VAR room.

So by that measure offside is offside … there, I’ve said it again!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Enjoyed that!

103B0918-E3EE-45A5-8438-657D3D9DEF1D.jpeg

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Quite - They're guessing at when the ball has left the foot, they're assuming that the pitch is square. How they calculate where the line is when the cameras aren't perpendicular to the play is anyone's guess. Taking forever to deny a perfectly good goal based on dodgy science is a complete nonsense.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I love the way this England team are so determined to play out from the back regardless. Plenty of little triangles inside or own box, which frightens the life out of us at times but is great to watch. As Albion fans, I think we're all used to that by now anyway :)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Ha I was going to post a picture from last night, great to see our club plastered around the ground several times during the game.
I went up with the wife and daughter, got back home to Brighton at 12:30 not to shabby, the game was certainly entertaining, and to be honest I thought the Americans were far more threatening in attack, and probably a draw would have been a fair result, a fair few sloppy passes by both sides out of defence. It was great to see lots of Americans at the game,and the wife got to sing the "star spangled banner" for once in this country without being ridiculed.

One sour note behind me were the England band, and just in front of them a group of pissed up lads and girls, nothing wrong with that as such, I am no prude, but during the national anthem (which i never sing anyway) I think we can move on from shouting "No Surrender" several times....

Other than that, a failed miserable attempt at a Mexican wave (thank god) and several shit renditions of "Sweet Caroline" it was a most enjoyable evening in the smoke, so good to see lots of young families smiling and enjoying the game, also quite a few groups of men together taking in the game and cheering on the lioness, great to see.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

That's a welcome outcome.

The ticket revenue's not there at the moment, but very affordable ticket prices will help to grow the women's game.

"Tickets are priced at £5 for under 16s, £10 for concessions (over 65s and students) and from £10 for adults. Discounts are also available for group bookings."

https://www.wembleystadium.com/events/2022/England-v-USA

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Ha I was going to post a picture from last night, great to see our club plastered around the ground several times during the game.
I went up with the wife and daughter, got back home to Brighton at 12:30 not to shabby, the game was certainly entertaining, and to be honest I thought the Americans were far more threatening in attack, and probably a draw would have been a fair result, a fair few sloppy passes by both sides out of defence. It was great to see lots of Americans at the game,and the wife got to sing the "star spangled banner" for once in this country without being ridiculed.

One sour note behind me were the England band, and just in front of them a group of pissed up lads and girls, nothing wrong with that as such, I am no prude, but during the national anthem (which i never sing anyway) I think we can move on from shouting "No Surrender" several times....

Other than that, a failed miserable attempt at a Mexican wave (thank god) and several shit renditions of "Sweet Caroline" it was a most enjoyable evening in the smoke, so good to see lots of young families smiling and enjoying the game, also quite a few groups of men together taking in the game and cheering on the lioness, great to see.

I really enjoy it, I did feel a bit like milly no mates as I went on my own. My husband does not really like football and my daughter is at uni. I normally go to games on my own and don’t notice it, but yesterday it was so full of family and friends out enjoying themselves. Very different atmosphere I had a very enthusiastic American family in front of me who managed to be passionate about their team while also being respectful about our team.

I managed not to swear during the match which is a record for me, and shouted “Behave yourself, that’s not a penalty” when it hit our players backside instead of their arm, so I am going to try and learn lessons from this match and try to be a better person. First test today.

As for the game the USA look dangerous every time they went forward, but our ladies looked up for the challenge and held their nerve to play out from the back. Milly Bright was superb again she is such a rock at the back. I agree a draw would of been a fair result.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I really enjoy it, I did feel a bit like milly no mates as I went on my own. My husband does not really like football and my daughter is at uni. I normally go to games on my own and don’t notice it, but yesterday it was so full of family and friends out enjoying themselves. Very different atmosphere I had a very enthusiastic American family in front of me who managed to be passionate about their team while also being respectful about our team.

I managed not to swear during the match which is a record for me, and shouted “Behave yourself, that’s not a penalty” when it hit our players backside instead of their arm, so I am going to try and learn lessons from this match and try to be a better person. First test today.

As for the game the USA look dangerous every time they went forward, but our ladies looked up for the challenge and held their nerve to play out from the back. Milly Bright was superb again she is such a rock at the back. I agree a draw would of been a fair result.

Won’t last past Kane falling over :lol::lol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Really good game

Women and girls football has improved immensely, there can be some very entertaining matches and skills used, that combined with their wizardry in the kitchen and on the ironing board, probably drops us, lads, into second place in society.

I am out to up my game from beans on toast, to beans on toast with a splodge of smash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here