Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v USA (tonight)

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Wrighty spot on. He is furious with that offside by VAR! Legend!

Wrighty was arguing that ‘she still had a lot to do’ … or words to that effect.

So would it also have been fine if she was 5 yards offside … or only because it was close?

She was the first person to touch the ball after the pass and she was in an offside position when the pass was made.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I've been guilty previously of slating the money poured into the women's game without being able to see that it was necessary, even when it was really crap, to allow it to grow from being the men's game's poor relation.
This game is proof it's been worth it and I'm enjoying watching, it's actually a good game. Skills have increased although I'm not certain of the England keeper's kicking ability. I think she's going to get caught out some time in the second half.
4-3 to the good gals

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Offside is offside though! I thought it might be the first time they replayed the ‘goal’.

I can also see why the pen was given. The ball was more at head height than anything … Lucy Bronze went to head it and the USA player was high with her kick and didn’t make contact with the ball which was dangerous.

Lots more goals to come though I’d suggest.

You say that, but the angle they showed us on VAR makes it very hard to be sure really. I'm not the only one it seems that thinks it was a harsh decision.

Anyway, VAR aside, it's been quite an entertaining open half of football so far.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
You say that, but the angle they showed us on VAR makes it very hard to be sure really. I'm not the only one it seems that thinks it was a harsh decision.

Anyway, VAR aside, it's been quite an entertaining open half of football so far.

They don’t show us all angles though.

But yes … great entertainment and more to come.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
One huge similarity with the mens game … the bloody prawn sandwich brigade aren’t back in their seats for start of second half!!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've been guilty previously of slating the money poured into the women's game without being able to see that it was necessary, even when it was really crap, to allow it to grow from being the men's game's poor relation.
This game is proof it's been worth it and I'm enjoying watching, it's actually a good game. Skills have increased although I'm not certain of the England keeper's kicking ability. I think she's going to get caught out some time in the second half.
4-3 to the good gals

This is like England (when we were good) v a peak Lionel Messi's Argentina.

A real edge to the game.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why on earth did VAR even bother looking at that?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The technical ability of some of these players is delightful to watch, fast intricate football with proper purpose. I enjoy watching the ladies more than I do their male counterparts.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here