Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

england captain ?

in light of recent events who hould captain England

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Are we picking a captain in the bedroom, in the bar or in the betting shop?

No, we want the best captain on the football pitch.

We can all put forward the case for and against each of the candidates, but let's base that on football and nothing else.

Still JT for me even though I dislike the man.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No, we want the best captain on the football pitch.

We can all put forward the case for and against each of the candidates, but let's base that on football and nothing else.

Still JT for me even though I dislike the man.

well quite. we saw his leadership qualities at the weekend, driving the team forward, focused on the game and job in hand. shame all the morally rightous think that he has to be a model citizen to boot.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Terry might have been or is a naughty boy
do we want England to win things
then its him
fqqking great Captain

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
fqqking great Captain

Is he, do you know that?

Surely it depends largely on what the rest of the squad think of him now. If they think he's a lying cheating little shit, then that severely compromises his ability to be their captain.

I just don't see how anyone outside of the dressing room can make the decision. If he has no respect, then he has no armband.

Leave it up to Capello, I say.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Is he, do you know that?

Surely it depends largely on what the rest of the squad think of him now. If they think he's a lying cheating little shit, then that severely compromises his ability to be their captain.

I just don't see how anyone outside of the dressing room can make the decision. If he has no respect, then he has no armband.

Leave it up to Capello, I say.

I agree. Of all the choices I would still pick him as Captain but if he has lost the respect and confidence of capello and/or his team-mates, that's another matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here